Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louvered vents or windows with security sceens for winter cooling.

lol i might have to start running it for him i need cash haha lol
You are a tool. He's only 12 and he's already said that he's worked hard for it.
Keep it family freindly, no need to talk about drug related stuff.

Keep saving for another 6 years.
Then you will have lots of mates when you start going clubbing and shouting rounds
And you sir sound like the typical bludger mate, that is always $4 short for a drink.
If he was going to save for another 6years, why would he waste it at the club buying other people drinks with his hard earned money?
If you ask me that was probably the worst advise I have ever heard on here!:evil:

lol thats it The_s_word thanx guys i brought a freezer to day i dunno how many litres it is but it is the size of a bar fridge (big enough 4 me) i built a rack yesterday its 3 starmaid 10L tubs wide and 8 tubs high. Any more ides i am starting to puture the thing i want.

The way your going now,hopefully in some time all your plans work out.Just remember dont count your hatchies before they hatch.I hope everything works out well for you.I realise that your only 12 atm and i dont no how much experince you have with reptiles,but it isnt as easy as it seems.Breeding reptiles isnt as easy as putting a male and female together,putting eggs in incubator and having heaps of hatchies,everyone wishes it was that easy.The majority of the time is the process of doing it,its a year round process.6-8 months of feeding and then the cooling stage.Anyhow best of luck and defiantly keeps up updated with your progress.

I dont know why you guys are all suss on this kids saving ability he claims he works ,which is something to be patted on the back for ,my youngest is still at school ,he is a school based plumber app,he has been working for just over 12 months and has saved 15 k ,he doesnt like reps ,so he is buying a newish car and getting a trailor made up for his plumbing tools and bits n pieces,kids that are pointed in the right direction can do it ,my second oldest she paid off a 2008 mazda 2 in just over a year (19months) ,she lives out of home ,she justs handles her income well ,and she is only 20 years old ...keep focused matey ,and your dreams of doing what you want to do will happen ..good on ya, I say :)

I'm a bit late to the party lol but i'd look at buying a shipping container rather than a room in your parents house. It would be afordable i think with a $16k budget. The advantage is that containers are far easier to make escape proof but the biggest advantage is in 8 years or so time when you move out you can truck your snake room with you wherever you go.

Lol dats a good idea but my question is that doesnt it get hot in a shipping container like we own a 40ft one wat is on its way over from america with a sodablast machine and some freedom breeder racks. I dont think we will have the room for a shipping container in our backyard ,well not a the moment anyways. Its a 850 meter sq block. And we r starting middle of next year iu didnt understand my mum and dad i thought we have started concreting all ready (i didnt listen because i was getting a big reptile room) but now the council is only have a 6m x 3m long room as both the other sizes where like 1m outside the building envolope. Any other sugestions? I have kinda got it in my head but i wanna get more ideas so my reptiles have the best house they can ever have.
Jordy

Also where can i buy some glass tracks for enclosures? I got a dishwasher today i forgot to mention.

i would also double glaze your windows

cheers

Good on ya snake madness wish my parents had been as accomadateing as yours i wasn't allowed a snake till i moved out of home as far as my parents are concerned the only good snake is a dead snake.
Works well now though as soon as they have outstayed there welcome i only have to get one of my pythons out and they are gone!
Keep up the good work mate great to see someone so young starting out right and planning big expecting to see some nice animals coming from you in 10 years. Only thing i can suggest that others haven't already said is room for qaurantineing new arrivals you dont wanna put your room full of healthy reptiles at risk by throwing some newly purchased animals in there.
Good luck mate cant waite to see some pics.
Scott

Snakemadness - don't be put off - you seem like a very enterprising kid to me! Best of luck, I hope your work ethic lasts a life time!

Windows in the room man. Even those little ones up near the roof that bathrooms have if you're worried about the temperature effect from them. The light will make your experience in the room far more pleasant, I think.
Good work on the money man, don't let anyone tell you that you didn't earn it. Good luck with it all, I look forward to seeing some pics!

Hey guys,
as most of you know i am building a reptile room. I was just wondering if i can house adult childrens, pgymys, spotted and stimsons pythons in them (55cm long by 38cm wide)?
I have heard lots of people talking about uvb light is that necesary? Or should i go for BUDGET SMALL URS CAGES with a heat mat ,uvb light, cage for light, ministate 100, and fluro battern for uv light for $600 a cage. I can build the rack with a ministate 300 and heat mats for all under $250 what can hold 10 snakes?:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back