Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, u know Rysins or howeva its spelt...in ipswich. they sell childrens hatchlings for 300 -350. i laughed when i saw it.

LoL Pete, We paid 900 for our Stimpsons pair from there. Wish I had of found this site earlier. Although they are huge and healthy snakes so I don't really mind.

Rissons are the biggest rip off artists, they sell fish worth $4 for $10, and I don't like the advice they gave to some people, giving them a click-clack sized enclosure a 5cm+ turtle, but atleast all their animals are in good health.

We bought our Puppy from there as well. They paid for a vet check and threw in about 50 bucks worth of puppy things like food, leash and toys. So they aren't too bad. The price of their hand reared birds are pretty good too.

Hey Bouncer, go for it! Dave and I started off small(hobbywise) with this biz, but we are now looking at expanding(just can't keep up with supplies for orders) We've been holding back on taking on new cussies because of this. When we move out of our shed/flat(40ftx20ft), the whole thing is gonna be for Rodent Breeding. Cheers Chezz

Thought I'd bump this up. Our plan, depending on finances, is to get ourselves set up here at home with a breeding pair, or two of everything we can sell on the comm licence.

Central Netted Dragons (I want two more females) (Ctenophorus nuchalis)
Inland Bearded Dragons, (pogona vitticeps)various color phases
Pink Tongued Lizard (Hemisphaeriodon gerrardii)
Eastern Blue tongues (I have these) (Tiliqua scincoides)
Cunninghams skink (egernia cunningham)
Thick Tailed Gecko (underwoodisaurus milii)
Rough Knob Tailed Gecko (nephrurus asper)
Childrens Python (liasis childreni
Spotted Python (Liasis maculosus)
Stimpsons Python (liasis stimpsoni) (I already have one pair)
Eastern Snake neck turtle (chelodina longicollis)
Saw shelled turtle (elseya latisternum)
Kreffts River Turtle (emydura kreffti)
Murray turtle (emydura macquari)

we would like to breed as much as we can ourselves to keep prices down. So if anyone is interested in selling any ADULT breeding pairs of any of these species, Please PM me.

iv seen that better buys place, bouncer took me to it..... they seriously have no idea theyre prices are thru the roof they know nothing about the animals i saw no visiable signs of heating in the reptiles cages the 1 person there that would get a snake out for me was dead scared of em (evident in how she handled it) and the poor bluetoungs look like they have been crushed witha heavy object theyre whole rear end is caved in around the pelvic area also they were offereing an "adult" childrens (could have been spotted) python it was definatly not an adult and it looked a little thin no1 there could tell me any history of it incl where it came from or even what sex it is

a lil sus i wouldent be surprised if there was some wild caught stuff sneaking into that refuse called a petshop as well

any brisbane ppl want to do a bit of linching on the weekend ...... ill come

As long as the mighty $ dosnt become the first priority. I will shop nowhere other than Sydney Reptiles. Troy has very fair prices, will help whenever, knowledgable and is genuine. His attitude is such that he has me as a customer and i dont mind spending.
SERVICE IS THE KEY..... :p

make a profit, but don't don't charge to much for them. most petshops rip people off because they are not aware of how much they are privately.

Good luck.

They charge more because there overheads are higher than a private seller

Because we will deal solely in Reptiles, and not have the overheads as normal pet stores, we can keep our prices as close to private sale prices as we can.

yeah switch i was thinking that...i was wondering why your overheads wouldnt be the same as normal pet stores? i'm not trying to pick on ya or anything cos i think its an awesome idea and i'd luv to do the same thing one day! but wouldnt the overheads be sorta the same? as in rent/mortgage on a shop, bills for heating and lighting etc...?

Re: RE: Reptile Shop

Switch said:
make a profit, but don't don't charge to much for them. most petshops rip people off because they are not aware of how much they are privately.

Good luck.

They charge more because there overheads are higher than a private seller

Exactly, which is why, if we breed as much as we can ourselves, Most of the profit will be ours. No having to whack a hefty amount on top of what we paid. We'll still have to buy from breeders though to keep up stock levels but by selling supplies, enclosures and giftwares as well, our sole trade won't be just the animals.

RE: Re: RE: Reptile Shop

Ouzo, Normal pet shops sell everything, The cost on feeding birds, cats, dogs and fish is higher than feeding reptiles. With Dogs and Cats there are vet bills as well. Rent up here varies depending on the square feet of shop. A half decent petshop would be around 300 square metres, meaning 3 grand a month. Ours is only going to be 100. The permits are also different and since we don't need half of them, less cost again. We will run it ourselves at first, no wages. I've done the Math, We won't need to pay out half as much to run a reptile shop than it does a normal pet store.

While on this subject I have just been offered first refusal on an Aquarium store. I am thinking about how it might go if I ripped out half the tanks and did 1/2 and 1/2 Fish & Reptiles. My initial thought is I won't go with it but it is giving me something to think about :)

Aww Afro, I cant think of anything better than working with what we love. And with your experience, I reckon you'd be fantastic.

Pffft, lol. Life hands you opportunities, like it did us. I'm grabbing hold of ours with both hands. Circumstances at my work have changed, now I will have to resign when our shop opens. Which scares me a tad, with kids and bills to pay, but you don't get anywhere without freaking out and taking a risk.
On a good note, MOTH got the dates for his reptile handling course today, so the app for the commercial licence will be in by the 20th. All systems are firing up and ready to roll!

Phil, I say go for it, keep it nice and presentable and people will come for sure, and Sharyn if you ever need a hand with the shop I'm always here to give a helping hand, even if it means taking the weekend off to help clean enclosures and just generally give a hand around the shop. It's good to see people supporting reptiles in a positve way.

While on this subject I have just been offered first refusal on an Aquarium store. I am thinking about how it might go if I ripped out half the tanks and did 1/2 and 1/2 Fish & Reptiles. My initial thought is I won't go with it but it is giving me something to think about

oohhhh ooohhhhh pick me! pick me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back