Reptiles Australia magazine is impressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Reptiles Australia magazine is impressive. I just received free issue from Reptiles Australia and must say that it looks great.
So well designed and articles are well written.
I read with interest about Tim Nias on page 6 and 7.
What a great man.
Article about Thick-tailed Gecko from John McGrath was also good reading.
For me personally, article about Albino Reptiles from Simon Stone and Watharow was great education I needed. Lot of things I learned from this article.
Article from Adrian Hemens about his trip to Madagascar was also great.
Lot of valuable tips for keepers and great way to get idea what is going on in herp world in Australia.
Graphics / photos, just superb.

Well done Reptiles Australia.

Mine came folded in half to fit into my mailbox, despite the clear DO NOT BEND advisor. Damn postmen!

I had the same thing when I got a few back issues of Monitor. I second the motion, Damn Postmen!!

Great article by sadji.....re feeding neonates!! Good work!

I haven't seen the latest issue. Previous issues have not really impressed me. The layout and design are quite pedestrian and I find Ive read it totally in less time than it takes for the bus to get me to work, about 20 minutes. The distribution is something that needs major attention. Subscriptions would appear to be the only way to ensure getting a copy unless previous complaints from subscribers are true in which case you get you copy well after its hit the shelf in a small number of newsagents.
It really needs to improve. The reliance on gratis submissions from the herp community for the bulk of its content is also a worry.
Comes down to the fact, if you want my money i want a bit of effort. I would not classify this as a flagship publication, more a mooring dinghy.
Dont get me started on the postman.

Reptiles Australia hasn't wowed me yet. It's expensive for its size, and there are so many ads in it. My verdict: read it at the newsagent's.

I haven't seen the latest issue. Previous issues have not really impressed me. The layout and design are quite pedestrian and I find Ive read it totally in less time than it takes for the bus to get me to work, about 20 minutes. The distribution is something that needs major attention. Subscriptions would appear to be the only way to ensure getting a copy unless previous complaints from subscribers are true in which case you get you copy well after its hit the shelf in a small number of newsagents.
It really needs to improve. The reliance on gratis submissions from the herp community for the bulk of its content is also a worry.
Comes down to the fact, if you want my money i want a bit of effort. I would not classify this as a flagship publication, more a mooring dinghy.
Dont get me started on the postman.

:shock::shock::shock: I have to disagree with this post. I think that magazine layout and design is good and attractive to wide public market.

But on other hand, it is always so easy to be critical.

I think that this latest issue is good.

I never knew y u were called slateman, until now.

Ha ha. I am true slateman
I am willing to give 10% discount to all Reptile magazine subscribers on our stone letterboxes.

I am true slateman

For those who can't wait for it to arrive in the mail, you can start drooling over it at their website

http://www.reptilesaustralia.com.au

page31_1.jpg

:p

Hix

great mag, only problem is ill have it read cover to cover with in a few hours of it coming out then ill sit around waiting for the next issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back