Reptiles Australia magazine is impressive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what magazine your reading but I think it has gotten better with every issue.

I wouldn't bother to tell you what magazine(s) I'm reading. As they don't come with pictures of naked romping people it would in all likelihood not interest you. I didn't ask for you subjective opinion of my reading matter but as you have I will reciprocate.
I don't know what magazines you are perusing but I'll wont be shaking hands with you based on my subjective assumptions.

I wouldn't bother to tell you what magazine(s) I'm reading. As they don't come with pictures of naked romping people it would in all likelihood not interest you. I didn't ask for you subjective opinion of my reading matter but as you have I will reciprocate.
I don't know what magazines you are perusing but I'll wont be shaking hands with you based on my subjective assumptions.

Real mature response there.

Craig gives an opinion different to yours and you come back with a personal attack.

Perhaps if you can't handle differing opinions without stooping to such tactics you should stay away from forums such as this.

IsK

Real mature response there.

Craig gives an opinion different to yours and you come back with a personal attack.

Perhaps if you can't handle differing opinions without stooping to such tactics you should stay away from forums such as this.

IsK
On what criteria do you gauge maturity? You will need to define it more appropriately.
I do not stoop, lets make that clear. My response in in direct proportion to the implications that it responds to.
The inference is that I am not reading magazines of a calibre equal to those of craig's. This I refute and in return imply that his are not of a calibre equal to mine. I think I outlined that quite clearly. You in turn accuse me of immaturity and lowering standards with your imputations. I must take umbrage with this. By your post i see also that you have a problem not only with differing opinions yourself but with understanding the written word. Don't worry on this last count as you are in fair company. Though, and here it is merely a suggestion not unlike your own to me; I would suggest that you stay away from forums where the written word is used.

Heh. You "won't bother" listing a couple of magazines you read (which would take all of one or two lines of typing) but you're quite happy to "bother" to bitch for a fair few posts :) Interesting character you are ;)

Constructive criticism is always appreciated... we can also make use of some less than nice feedback; "gee, that article on blind snakes was complete Edited by mods, please stay a way from this type of wordings on APS because the pictures were blurry and there was no information about what they eat, I hate you all and want you to die" or similar can be useful because we get an idea of what people want.

You seem to have an axe to grind; the magazine isn't exactly hurting anyone, yet you're very keen to attack. How interesting. Care to attach your name to your feedback?

Thanks to those who offered praise, thanks for those who offered positive feedback, thanks to those who send attacks we can make use of, thanks to those who read and enjoy the magazine and to those who send useless bitching, thanks for making the world a more interesting place and making other people look nicer by comparison to yourselves :)

If I remember correctly....the minute consequence became a member he/she had to upset other members and cause trouble! A leopard doesn't change their spots!

Reptile Australia Mag, consistantly gets my money... Im actually quite impressed with the High Gloss quality of the mag, much prefer it to the standard type. I agree with most that it has come a fair way since it started, but I also agree with others that it is a bit like puff pastry.... good to look at, but not really filling... if you get my drift.

I think the mag may be able to fill out a bit more by adding a running section on an in depth look at certain species or even sub-species, for the longevity of the mag.... I know a few of you out there will be yawning at the prospect of a such an article, but this publication has an opportunity to reach a different audience than just the forum savy, and the article doesnt always have to be about the run of the mill animals...

Kudos, to all involved in the production of the mag....

Regards,
Simon

Me thinks you lot need to lighten up somewhat.
Fay, I have been helpful in threads that need it and had a bit of fun in those that warrant it. Initially my response to this thread was my honest opinion. Subsequent to that it has become a parody and my response have been altered to suit.
The arguement seems to be that a difference of opinion is allowed unless that opinon differs from the majority in this case. That personal insult is verboten unless it is directed the person with the minority opinion. That an minority opinion needs to be qualified and that the person giving the opinion needs to be qualified beyond those giving the majority opinion.
That my pseudonym is somehow inferior to Starchies who also deigns not to sign his John Hancock or in this case his John Deutcher.

Lot of people written critical comment regarding Reptiles Australia magazine and that is perfectly fine.
What is not OK with me is the unfriendly posts from some people. There is no need to put other members down for seek of argument.
I wanted to delete the comment below, but it would be disruptive to flow of this topic. But I issued infraction for it.

comment;
As they don't come with pictures of naked romping people it would in all likelihood not interest you.

Me thinks you lot need to lighten up somewhat.
Fay, I have been helpful in threads that need it and had a bit of fun in those that warrant it. Initially my response to this thread was my honest opinion. Subsequent to that it has become a parody and my response have been altered to suit.
The arguement seems to be that a difference of opinion is allowed unless that opinon differs from the majority in this case. That personal insult is verboten unless it is directed the person with the minority opinion. That an minority opinion needs to be qualified and that the person giving the opinion needs to be qualified beyond those giving the majority opinion.
That my pseudonym is somehow inferior to Starchies who also deigns not to sign his John Hancock or in this case his John Deutcher.

Differences of opinion are not just acceptable, they're desirable; you seem to have completely missed the point. The problem here is not that your opinion is different, it is that you are attacking something which is not causing anyone or anything harm. People generally only do this due to supressed feelings of their own inadequacy or for their own political agendas.

The fact that I am John Deutscher (keep at it, you'll get the spelling correct eventually) is no secret; this is made clear on Australian and foreign web sites and magazines frequently, as well as in person. In person and online I am more often referred to as Sdaji (keep at it, you'll get the pronunciation correct eventually) than anything else and it has been this way since before I'd been online or held a snake, and is still my preference (some insist on addressing or refering to me as John, and I can live with that too). When I first used the name Sdaji on the internet, it was already what most people had been calling me for years. Despite the fact that my identity is in no way hidden and never has been, it is interesting that when asked, you chose to give my name instead of your own! :lol: Annonymous posts of the nature of your recent efforts are worthless, making them while hiding behind a pseudonym is pathetic.

I wont comment on the mag itself but I will comment on the fact that someone is entitled to have an opinion on the quality of the magazine and is free to respond about it on this thread.

It has been suggested that consequence must have an axe to grind toward the magazine,maybe he does although maybe he was giving his unbiased opinion as opposed to someone who writes articles for it and is a moderator on the mags very own herp forum or indeed someone who owns a website and happens to have reptiles Australia as a sponsor.

I have to agree with those who argue the magazine isn't worth the money. Granted I've continued to read a few but that's only because I can get through it while I'm standing in the newsagency waiting for the bus.

And I'm surprised no-one's mentioned 'cash for comments'. :lol: :p

I wont comment on the mag itself but I will comment on the fact that someone is entitled to have an opinion on the quality of the magazine and is free to respond about it on this thread.

It has been suggested that consequence must have an axe to grind toward the magazine,maybe he does although maybe he was giving his unbiased opinion as opposed to someone who writes articles for it and is a moderator on the mags very own herp forum or indeed someone who owns a website and happens to have reptiles Australia as a sponsor.

It almost sounds like you have a particular person in mind there ;)

Obviously I can't give a judgement without appearing biased, I won't claim otherwise, it would be silly to do so and that's why in a thread like this I haven't said boo about my feelings about the quality of the magazine. I agree, everyone is free to say what they like about the magazine and as I said, I personally welcome all forms of feedback, particularly negative. However, when someone publicly gives negative feedback which is not constructive, and they are not doing it for any productive reason, their motives are very clear, unless of course they are just being silly and mindlessly stirring the pot, which is quite likely what consequence is doing. No dramas either way; I get much better and much worse feedback every week from people with all sorts of motives. If it bothered me I'd slink down under a rock and become a lurker :) I meant what I said in my first post in this thread about appreciating all honest (and even most dishonest!) feedback :)

While on the topic of feedback, if anyone would like to tell me what you did or (more importantly) didn't like about any of my articles, I'd love to hear from you, so feel free to send me a PM or email me - [email protected]
The more feedback I get the better I can tailor what I write to the audience which reads it! Note that "It was totally awesome" is no more useful than "It was total crap", but if either is what you think, feel free to send it :) More useful is "I liked the part where you said..." or "I really wish you had included information about..." etc etc. I'd also like to hear about what you'd like to read about and as long as there is demand and it fits the theme of my section, I'll put it down as a future piece. If it doesn't fit (eg information about a particular species) I can look at doing it as a feature article, or seeking out someone else who could do a good job of writing it up.

Thanks everyone :)

Me,I buy it for the articles (honest I do )

Its distribution leaves a lot to be desired and also the fact that its out in newsagents sometimes weeks before subscribers recieve their copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back