Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melluvssnakes

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many people are on here from in and around Rockhampton QLD? Interested in finding some local herpers to chat to :)

Spent the last 5 yrs herping that area, still didn't see everything.
Probably the highest elapid species diversity in the world.

You hear that maanz? Seriously Australis? Where did you do most of the herping? I go out all the time but never see anything but birds and skinks. And water dragons. oh and once a green tree snake.
I live here, not far from maanz! And Dragon Lover 85 lives nearby, and I know a few other ppl not on the site. Actually, there are quite a few herpers in Rockhampton! :D

sorry matt didnt get any pics ,both were found when i was out riding ,at different times ,first one scared the s#@t outa me it launched at my mates bike that was riding in front of me !

i have spotteds,bhp,gtp

Only? whats this only stuff. Mate you have herps, who cares if you have 1 or 100 it only matters that you have intrest in them. :) I like spotteds they're cool heaps of personality (well at least the ones Ive seen have :) )

Where in Rocky is best place to herp?

I have Central Netteds, Central Beardies, Eastern Blue Tongues and Crested Dragons.

not sure dragon lover ,best place i have found is in my dining room :) i found bts on dean st next to sports park ,gts at work in gracemere ,a tiapan at 6 mile and another at mates property 60km past alton downs

i used to work at ensham mine near emerald ,and used to find spitteds and bhps there all the time

I work out at the Caves and every day for the past week or so I've been able to play with wild spotties that have been coming in to munch on our bat colonies. We've got a couple green tree snakes, and the BIGGEST carpet python I've seen in the wild. Would easily have been 2m long. Probably even longer. Yeh maanz I have to agree with you there, I love your snakes. 'Specially sprokey boy. You're just jealous cause he loves me more :)

I own 1 central bearded dragon, 1 eastern bearded dragon, 1 eastern water dragon and 1 eastern blue tongue skink.
In herping around Rocky I've found countless skinks, 3 browns, dozens of water dragons, dozens of Fitroy River turtles, 1 green tree snake, 2 lacies, a few leatherback sea turtles, and heaps of snake skin bits.
I've found the place for water dragons is the Kershaw gardens, on the Tropical Rainforest walk. The best for seeing pythons is out near the Etna Creek area. One crawled up into a friends motor bike while he was at work in the gaol! The officers luckily caught it on CCTV and went out to get it from the bike. Took them a few hours as he was snappy and BIG! I've also got a bandy bandy hatchling from there, and my Mum ran over a python (didn't hurt it, she ran OVER the top of him) while coming home one night.
Hmmm, let's see. Best place for turtles is down near the barrage.
Mt Archer is pretty good for browns, and the BErserkers are just crawling with taipans, apparently.
Bifield is great for tree snakes and lacies and water dragons too.
And I've found hundreds of beardies off of Berserker Street near the stables.

We have found great pickly knob tails gecko's, bandy bandies, blind snakes, brown tree snakes and common tree snakes around the Caves area along with a few browns, carpets, and a heap of geckoes in the same area. We have found a few tai's around the rocky area as well as a few death adders......it can be a fun place to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back