Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted these before, but some hatchy threat displays!

Attachments

• roughy threat 1 (456 x 600).jpg
    roughy threat 1 (456 x 600).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 55
  • roughy threat 2 (600 x 280).jpg
    roughy threat 2 (600 x 280).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 49
  • roughy threat 3 (600 x 400).jpg
    roughy threat 3 (600 x 400).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 47
  • roughy threat 4 (600 x 352).jpg
    roughy threat 4 (600 x 352).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 46
i would have to counter that threat display with some rat pups...scarf up hazz!!

Beleive me they are scarfing up lol!

These are old photos!

11 month olds feeding!

Attachments

• roughytub (600 x 400).jpg
    roughytub (600 x 400).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 53
  • roughytub2 (600 x 400).jpg
    roughytub2 (600 x 400).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 49
  • roughytub3 (600 x 400).jpg
    roughytub3 (600 x 400).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 50
  • roughytub4 (600 x 400).jpg
    roughytub4 (600 x 400).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 53
Do they get lighter as they get older Hazz? Fantastic patterning!
I just can't recall seeing an adult being as dark...I must admit I like 'em darker...

Do they get lighter as they get older Hazz? Fantastic patterning!
I just can't recall seeing an adult being as dark...I must admit I like 'em darker...

They change colour a fair bit fay, daily! At night they are light grey's browns, early morning's very dark brown, feeding time the background goes very light and you get very nice contrast. I wouldn'y say they get darker with age!

It also depends on your photography skills. These are taken inside ablack enclosure at night!

Ah much better (although it still barely counts as scarfing ;) )! did you gut load them with cod liver and mutton bird oil aswell? Maybe some calcium and other dietary suppliments?

Nice to see those pics hazzard. We are all, i'm sure very envious.

How do you figure?

Maths wasn't my strong point, but they breed at 3yrs, even with a major price drop say 2K each (which won't happen IMO but we will see), 2K * 12 hatchies = 24K is that not a profit on your investment?

I'm sure they were not expecting to make 100K profit. Most were swaps anyhow!

its not about math and how much some one was going to make. its about a reptile keeper thinking they were going to make a fortune but payed $10.000 extra if you were around the time of the reptile amnesty and people getting ripped of with GTP that they sold then you would know what i mean by Karma . i wont go any futher than that but most old herpers know what i am on about ,its just good to see what go;s around comes back

Ah much better (although it still barely counts as scarfing ;) )! did you gut load them with cod liver and mutton bird oil aswell? Maybe some calcium and other dietary suppliments?

Never, are you suggesting people do that?

I'm not young, and was around at the time of the amnesty! I still don't think they were overpriced! the first guys that bought them for 24K a pair 04, will breed this year and YES! will probably make their fortune.

8- 10K or so a pair! 50 - 60K a clutch. Not bad IMO! The year after that figure will probably be reduced significantly hence the price drop each subsequent year of release. You wouldn't be referring to the lots of males that are floating around!

its not about math and how much some one was going to make. its about a reptile keeper thinking they were going to make a fortune but payed $10.000 extra if you were around the time of the reptile amnesty and people getting ripped of with GTP that they sold then you would know what i mean by Karma . i wont go any futher than that but most old herpers know what i am on about ,its just good to see what go;s around comes back

your still not getting it , so dont worry any more all you can see is the dollars and dont know the full story about the gtp and ripping people off

The Flower Children. Nocturne is in the orange enclosure, and that's her in the close-up shot also. Soul is in the purple enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0028 (Small).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0025 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0025 (Small).JPG
    37 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0024 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0024 (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 50
Sweet! so Mickousley...you sell all your animals at cost? beauty! I know what you mean about ripping people off. I mean anything more than cost is really ripping people off because we are only in the hobby to encourage others to keep our amazing herps.

your still not getting it , so dont worry any more all you can see is the dollars and dont know the full story about the gtp and ripping people off

Well it's probably not the appropriate place to be bringing it up then is it!

The Flower Children. Nocturne is in the orange enclosure, and that's her in the close-up shot also. Soul is in the purple enclosure.

Nice willow,

A real female touch, but they are all plastic! Where are the real flowers lol!

In my bedroom, with Rookwood. She was a slow starter and needs a boudoir of rest and tranquility, so she bunks in with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back