Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bug_collector

Reaction score
hey folks,
ive fallen in love with that cute, not so little, scrub python which was posted on here, and am considering getting one of my own. there was that one on rdu, but its in qld sadly.
what would you all rekons the going price for a scrubby, preferably at least a few feet long, but im not fussy.
does anyone here have one for sale, or breed them?
and what about feeding them. the one on here was eating a chicken, would it still be the same feeding several rats instead of a chicken? (my mums a bot softer towards chickens)
are scrubs the biggest pythons here in aus? and are they just another name for amethystine python............
i hope that all made sense lol.
thanx, from rosa

amethystine =scrub, and yes they are the biggest. u will prob need a spare room for an adult

ermmm, a spare room?? just how big a tank am i looking at say for when its fully grown? would i need an aviary?

not sure if u could keep it outside in sydney? dont know much, but whiteyluvsrum kepps his in an aviary i think

*stares in dismay as 69 posts are converted into 70*

this may sound strange, but what if i could get an aviary inside....................

yeah you can feed em heaps of rats instead of chickens, you will need a big enclosure when they are fully grown but. at least a couple meters long.

We had our 12 foot Winnie in an avairy inside. I had to take the sliding door off to get it in there but She was inside in an avairy!!!! You can feed them ANY domestic animal as long as it's humanely killed first. Plenty of soft furry things bigger than rats.

what about guinea pigs? tho im not too sure how well id cope with that coz i used to have a lil pet one :S

Guinea pigs are good, so are other fluffy things pet stores get too many of dumped on thier doorstep,just need to be killed humanely.ROFLMAO

:oops: gorgeous looking python. but whiteys is prettier:oops:

that scrubs awesome lol, i want it even more now. yeh i had a diamond and a murry darling a few years ago, now ive just got lizards bcoz i dont have to feed em cute lil mice, im over that now .......eeeerrrrr, i hope

lol jus because a bug scrub is really hard to look after, just make sure you do your research before you decide on anythin

yeh im guessin ill have to wait several years before it grows too big, plenty of time to learn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back