Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the teeth of a scrub python, Dave from PilbaraPythons saw a scrubby decapitate a full grown chook with a strike. They coil with enough power to kill a full grown man. (ask Trueblue).

Cwarren is recommending this young girl purchase one but then relates a nice story of one breaking an adult man's leg and requiring intervention from his son, also Col if I remember you used to handle your hatchling scrubby with welding gloves?

This girl will need to feed this animal and clean its tank. A tame scrubby is quite rare, garbage bin lid, bike helmet and welding gloves - and a spare person or two at all times.

Good luck.

So waht's your point Ad??? I used to handle mine with gloves becuase she would settle that way. For some reason she would fire up when touched with bare hands and you know what....I learnt that by having her from a hatchie....see it ia all about knowing the individual snake. And I still say if she wants one and thinks she will be ok to handle it then get one.. There is NO one on here that can say how she will go with it so why don't you all stop saying she WILL come unstuck and instead offer her a helping hand so that if by chance she does get one the she will have some helpful info to go on. I know guys that think they know everything about everything and I reckon they have just as much chance of being nailed by one as Bugs... Basically people, stop making out as if you know how it would all turn out and let her decide what she wants to do.. I think you will find though she will be ignoring those of you that don't understand the meaning of "Offering Advice" instead of forcing.... Some of you are coming across a bit to forceful. I also get the impression from a lot of you that you think that if you have experience with coastals or diamonds or others herps then you will be better equiped to handle a scrubby, Well you are very very wrong. The point I was making with the keeper who had his leg broken from his is that he had his for over ten years and he still got done, So experience with other snake will give you nothing..These animals are one of the smartest and most cunning snakes around....

i did a site search on scrub python bites and came across this.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?t=21550&page=2

It sounds like your scrub was a handful iluvsmyreptiles! That's enough to put me off and I would hope any other newbie considering it. 10ft I would think is small for a scrub.

My ex-boyfriend was bitten and squeezed by my 10ft scrub...he was playing with his cat, didn't wash his hands and BANG my girl got him. It took us 1/2 an hr to get her off. She crushed his hand and had to have a week off work.

Yes, he is now my EX boyfriend because of this incident...he hates my snakes...this is after 7 years of being together, now i am all alone with my reptiles and our 1 year old baby girl (who LOVES reptiles...especially her beardies).

When handling my snakes i have a spray bottle filled with watered down metho, i spray my hands with this and then rinse them in water before touching them, especially when dealing with my black-headed who would LOVE to eat the other snakes and knows when i've been handling them.

Im sick of you women assuming i am a male cause i have a car as my avatar. So do you sweetheart. adandiluvsmyreptiles. Ad is one person Iluvsmyreptiles is me.

Tennille

Perhaps it's only we women who were smart enough to pick up on the fact that you're both posting under the same name...who says the car avatar's not Adam's?:lol:

We women are bitchy...and good at it 8)

Yeah i was going to re-post that but couldn't find it. Thanks for doing my dirty work ;)

Considering that was the only time she bit EVER i would say she wasn't a handful. I have had 4ft carpets that were more of a handful than her. I would much rather take her out and play with her than some of my other snakes. With ANY snake there is a risk of getting bitten. Jumping down a girl's throat for asking questions about getting one is ridiculous and that is my point. With any large snake care needs to be taken. Give the scrubby's a rest.

You think one bite is a handful? What reptiles do you have? And seeing as though you found that post can you also find my old photo album with my scrub eating a cat? Because that was why he was bitten in the first place - playing with her food before she ate it.

I've now found a new man (off APS - Thanks admin). And he loves snakes and our collection is starting to grow again.

ok tennille.
then why is it last week u hit on me, and wanted to see me on the side, and also another female member here. tell me that much. the bloke in those pictures with the scrubby u just posted, he sent me naked photos of himself. he keeps hitting on people. so explain all that

actually i have been.
but i am getting sick and tired of all of you men on here carrying on the way you do. and i aint the only ones.

I think you really really need to pull your head in young lady....It is people like yourself making silly little childish comments like this that entice people into having a go at you. If you wish to make this an argument about gender then I am would love to say start your own thread and bring it on. You seem to be coming across with a lot of anger in your posts as of late and if you persist I think you will find (like one of your earlier posts) you will find yourself suspended....The Admins and Mods try to be fair to all on this site but if you push them they will act...Tennille (Adaniluvsreptiles) has been not only a member of this site for some time now but has been keeping herps (including Scrubbys) for many years. She is the size of a dwarf (lol Soz Tennille just trying to make a point) and is more then capable of keeping scrubbys and also understands the dangers of it... Ad is Ad not Tennille ok... So best you also get your facts right before going off at someone....

pm me your email address and i will forward the email with the pic of him with his 3 kids naked in the bathtub. he also hit on another chick on here, but i wont name her name. she said she was chatting to him on msn and he said he was single.
give me ur email i will email it to you

oh and OuZo it isn't just you Girls who noticed lol....But you can always tell who is who...

sorry, trying to get my head around this lol, so adandiluvsmyreptiles is always tennille whereas Adam just posts as Ad?

ok. well when adam is on here he is flirting with us chicks and sending us nude pics of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back