Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how big is he? and what are you feeding him on? just curious is all

Not really sure how big he is. Roughly 90cm, maybe just under. And he is on mice :) He is only a little guy as he was a really really slow feeder to start with (according to his previous owner and definitely to begin with in my care) but is really starting to put on weight now. Feel free to ask questions, I don't mind at all.

Oh fair enough, I was just curious cause mines 18 months or so and he's a big boy haha but yeah started out strong and was on rats every early.

Lucky! Hopefully my little man will pick up now that I can get him feeding regularly. When I picked him up he was only eating a hopper mouse every 3 weeks or so, so as you can imagine he's only a tiny little guy. Now I have him on a mouse once weekly and the weight is coming on slowly but he is really picking up length.

why was he only getting one every 3 weeks? and a mouse? strange.... haha but least its getting there! ours in one weaner rats every week and a half.. and about 1.2m? or so his last shed was about 120ish haha give or take.

but no the less! amazing looking gtp you have!

why was he only getting one every 3 weeks? and a mouse? strange.... haha but least its getting there! ours in one weaner rats every week and a half.. and about 1.2m? or so his last shed was about 120ish haha give or take.

but no the less! amazing looking gtp you have!

His previous owner was concerned with prolapse of putting him up a feed and he was offered weekly but only took a feed monthly. I guess he was just a terrible feeder from the start. I found the trick of snapping a baby quail in half and defrosting it with his mouse has got him eating on a weekly basis but he is still a nervous eater so if you don't put his waterbowl back in the right place, he will go off his feed again for a week.

His previous owner was concerned with prolapse of putting him up a feed and he was offered weekly but only took a feed monthly. I guess he was just a terrible feeder from the start. I found the trick of snapping a baby quail in half and defrosting it with his mouse has got him eating on a weekly basis but he is still a nervous eater so if you don't put his waterbowl back in the right place, he will go off his feed again for a week.

poor little guy! hope get comes good for you eventually.
do you only have the one gtp?

poor little guy! hope get comes good for you eventually.
do you only have the one gtp?

He's definitely on his way! He has eaten every week for the last two months excluding a shed week. So he is really getting better at the whole eating thing. And he is actually starting to strike, which is new, he used to just take it really awkwardly and wait for me to leave.
Yeah, I only have one. He is my special boy.

He's definitely on his way! He has eaten every week for the last two months excluding a shed week. So he is really getting better at the whole eating thing. And he is actually starting to strike, which is new, he used to just take it really awkwardly and wait for me to leave.
Yeah, I only have one. He is my special boy.

thats awesome! hope he keep it up! do you have any pics of his enclosure?

thats awesome! hope he keep it up! do you have any pics of his enclosure?

Not really, his enclosure is perfectly plain. It is just an enclosure with repti-carpet, a water bowl and a ceramic emitter. Any decorations (surprise surprise!) put him off his food again. He is getting more and more confident so I am sure one day when he gains some weight and a bit of size he may be a little more manageable.

Not really, his enclosure is perfectly plain. It is just an enclosure with repti-carpet, a water bowl and a ceramic emitter. Any decorations (surprise surprise!) put him off his food again. He is getting more and more confident so I am sure one day when he gains some weight and a bit of size he may be a little more manageable.

fair enough, poor guy! he cant handle much can he.

Here's a stripe for you and a high yellow, both my animals

Attachments

• Picture 011a.jpg
    Picture 011a.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Picture 013a.jpg
    Picture 013a.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Male as a 2 yo.jpg
    Male as a 2 yo.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 201
I thought I'd share somes pics of my new additions! I'd like to thank John Comino and Greg Prostamo for my little beauties.

Pascal from Greg, he/she is from the the Adrian Hemens line.

snakes 017.jpg

Eema from John - Australian Native GTP. Clutch mate to the babies in the previous hatchling photos posted by him.

snakes 020.jpg He's really quite placid - not that I'm handling him or anything- he just smells mice here. :L

Thanks so much guys!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back