Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look...........if any of your animals are hungry.......feed them.....and the word for not feeding them is
STARVING THEM!!!!!........if they are not hungry ...THEY WONT EAT!!!!!!! We dont see many fat critters around & when we do we applaude the keepers for the health of their animals!

checks dictionary....

Scaarfing

After completing initial damage removal, the area around the repair must be prepared. The corners of the repair hole must be rounded off and the hole itself should be tapered to provide the best load transfer when the repair patch is bonded in. Scaarfing, or taper sanding, is usually achieved using a compressed-air powered high-speed grinder. This is a gentle process, which prepares the damaged area for application of a repair patch. It is imperative to follow all repair manual guidelines, and significant skill and practice on the part of the repair technician is mandatory.

Dragon - Thats not correct - if you offer a snake a feed every few days it will generally take it - that does not mean its good for it. If you offer a kid Maccas twice a day he will eat - that doesn't mean he won't get fat and bashed at school...

...unfortunately we can't moderate the type of food they receive to much degree and as such need to moderate the amount...

So............ back to the original question.

What's skaarfing, exactly?

I am not going to give my dragons maccas!...LOL............
And they all refuse banana...they will eat if they are hungry! i dont have a over weight reptile im looking after!

I'd like to know what the hell 'Skaarfing' actually means too. I've seen it thrown around on here a few times too. it's not even a word so christ knows whoever came up with it???

It's the bull**** nickname given to powerfeeding ones animals. But as a buyer of that breeders animals they are always perfect in health and he's never lost an animal to his reptile keeping practices.

Simone.

So............ back to the original question.

What's skaarfing, exactly?

I guess you'll have to ask Shane Scarff himself. While you're there, ask him how he's able to breed his pythons at less than 2 years of age. He might just be able to answer both questions at once! :lol:

I guess you'll have to ask Shane Scarff himself. While you're there, ask him how he's able to breed his pythons at less than 2 years of age. He might just be able to answer both questions at once! :lol:

Skarrf it up baby! :D

I'd like to know what the hell 'Skaarfing' actually means too. I've seen it thrown around on here a few times too. it's not even a word so christ knows whoever came up with it???
EXACTLY !
Thankyou all for your VIEWS :rolleyes:

See this i just dont get ...SKAARFING...POWER FEEDING!!!!!!!!
So nobody demand feeds their animals.....? If they are hungry .....you feed them!
Unless you are stuffing food down their throats.........animals only eat when they are hungry..RIGHT?
Yes ive bred animals for quite a while........so how do you get any animal to eat more .....?
OR are some not eeding enough?

Wrong. Animals (especially animals like snakes) eat when there is food in front of them. For a snake, it doesn't know when its next meal is coming, so will gobble down as much as possible to 'stock up'. Has nothing to do with it being hungry.

I have a pair of Shane's Womas. They have not been overfed at all. AND mine are breeding at 18 months of age.

I've never had a problem with the animals i have bought from me and i have bought alot

Simone.

now i know why my mum has been saying SKAARF UP BUDDY :) ive been skaafed up for 20 years and im ok? (i think) :p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hobbo - Obviously got you to breeding age too... :)

Scarf to ya barf :lol: :lol: I know I'm jealous.

It is a feeding regime used to power feed. It was developed by an old skool successful breeder who quite a few ppl know or have heard of him. Like others have mentioned, he does tend to breed his animals quite early, and pumps them to do so. I, like most, don't actually approve of his methods but hey...each to their own.....

Hence the phrases " Skarf till ya Barf" and "Skarf it Up" :lol:

Hope this shed some light on this terminology for you all.

Splitmore.

First time I saw it Nephrurus decided it was a good name to mean power feeding. Having a dig at Shane Scarff for the way he feeds his animals.

I have met shane a number of times, seen and photogrpahed his collection, and all his snakes are in the best health I have seen anyone elses. None look overweight. Period.

If he can successfully feed his pythons at that rate and breed them at that age then good luck to him I say.

He has a woma that he has bred 10 years in a row producing 99 eggs. Personally if there was an issue with her feeding, it would be LONG dead by now.

Its more a jelousy thing I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back