Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cryptoblepharus virgatus - Common Tree Skink or Eulamprus quoyii - Eastern Water Skink are my guesses for this one

Hmmm Tigercoastal I think you would have been better sticking with the crypto spp.

you probably right, i'm just getting into the lizard side of herps so its just a guess....:D

The crypto is either C pulcher or C adamsi....you need supraoculars and plantar scalation to split them.....along with a more precise locality

on field guides a new one is released next month Australia wide

Are these both only recently described Eipper? if so what did they previously come under?
Will they be described in the next guide?

Steve,

These along with 25 other Australian and 43(I think from memory) others from OS were described by Paul Horner fairly recently...I think the paper (230 odd pages of it) came out in 2007.

The new guide has over 50 new species in it with new Geckos, Skinks, Pygo's Elapids and more in comparison to the 2nd edition.....I like the photo of the cavaticus in this new one...lol

Cheers,
Scott

on field guides a new one is released next month Australia wide

Cool, did you make it? Any details?

Also just wanting to check that its a pink tounge in Jasons pic no one has answered that with certainty.

steve1 Cement did it musk you said:
You know of all the blind snakes i've held, i am yet to be musked. Everyone says how they scent but I am yet to experience it. I have been "spiked", but I find that with gentle handling they calm down very quickly and maybe this is why I haven't been scented yet. Unless the ones i come across here R. nigrescensdon't scent? Though my field guide says all species do.

Maybe yours are less prone to doing it, I haven't found one (R australis) that didn't scent It's almost an instant reaction to being handled.

Steve,

These along with 25 other Australian and 43(I think from memory) others from OS were described by Paul Horner fairly recently...I think the paper (230 odd pages of it) came out in 2007.

The new guide has over 50 new species in it with new Geckos, Skinks, Pygo's Elapids and more in comparison to the 2nd edition.....I like the photo of the cavaticus in this new one...lol

Cheers,
Scott

I'm assuming your talking about Wilson and Swans A Complete Guide To Reptiles Of Australia.

Don't be led astray by the blatant red herring on this one....

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back