Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to recent revelations, the price has just been increased to $3,000. Sorry to the person who offered me $1,200 just before I put the price up.

People often say I'm an unusual person, a pretty big weirdo, a complete freak etc etc... does that make me valuable? :D

How much would a Water Python with a few spots be worth? What about an unpatterned brown carpet python? A brown chondro? Funny that the really weird looking Black Headed Pythons, with almost albino looking bodies, with black, white or speckled heads aren't worth anything because no one has yet worked out how the trait is aquired :) I recently saw one which looked absolutely albino, but with a black head. The owner didn't think anything special of it and hadn't been selling the babies for more than those from any of his many other females.

Uh oh, now I'm talking about herps, this thread is in chit chat... whoops! Do we have to move it again? :(

munkee, I'll teach it to juggle, rire a unicycle or even breath fire if you want! :lol:

If it could do all three as a genetic trait that would be well worth 10,000. Anyone can teach a snake to juggle while breathing fire, quoting Shakespeare is the hard one to teach.

If any of my snakes quote Shakespeare, they're going straight to the freezer.

Just to add a serious note to this thread, sdaji stated that stripped coastals are unusal, they may be to some people but they are infact quite common even in the wild. I have relocated many stripped carpets on the sunshine coast over the years to the point where I dont find them unusal at all, just another rather common coastal carpet morph if you ask me.
Heres one of the macs I breed this year, does this mean I can sell them for $1000 ea. or maybe $2000.
Or should we keep them sdaji and set up a stripped mac ranch. :wink:

It's clearly worth more than that Rob due to the fact that it's invisible :wink:

Hehe, I'm not even planning to breed this stripey Spotted ;)

I think striped carpets are somewhat unusual. "Unusual" is a vague term, in some contexts, less than 10-20% or so can be called unusual. What proportion of wild carpets would you estimate to be as well striped as zobo's?

Ive relocated probally around the 50 mark over the years some more defind than zobos some not but all with the potiental to produce fully stripped young. The partly stripped ones Im not counting as there were many many of them. They are not as common as most other morphs but still pretty common.
They still wont let me post any pics, god dam gay rule that one is.
But its much the same as yours sdaji but a blond.

Get your own webhosting to post pictures, if the site owners aren't letting you post them here. I doubt very much they'd have hosted as many pictures as I've shown here, using hosting on another site. If that's a hassle for you, feel free to email the picture to me and I'll stick it up for you.

Don't burst the bubble by the way, I think I have a few people interested in my Spotted Python, I'm sure it will sell soon.

TrueBlue - Didn't you reach your max with all those pics of bumblebee, woma's, hypo coastal's, GTP's, etc. (all beautiful BTW) a while ago and then post more as the Rock, try that name again.

But what about mine, cant I sell some $200 dollar snakes for 1-2 grand as well? Please, I will promise to be good.
Thanks for that sdaji but remember, Im a realitively uneducated surf bum come angler,an athlete of the sea, and all that computer stuff is not my cup of tea, or glass of rum as I should say.
Hell untill I read that back I never new I was capable of poetry.
Would e-mail them to you but can recive them atm but cant send them something is wrong with me e-mail whatchmacallit.

Ooh (edited by mod) , were we just (edited by mod)moderated? What (edited by mod)was it they (edited by mod)disliked? It's so (edited by mod)(edited by mod)difficult to follow (edited by mod)threads after they've been(edited by mod)(edited by mod)(edited by mod) moderated :cry:
(edited by mod)

Rennie, tried that they wont let me log on as The Rock any more.
What say we have a protest march and get this gay only post a couple of picks rule abolished.

I prefer to have my pictures hosted off site anyway. It makes them convenient to work with, they look better in the posts without the frames, and it's so easy that even a computer illiterate moron like me can manage the task. I'm even slowly learning to understand that most people have a strange disliking for large pictures and would prefer to see only 5-10% of their full value :)

they are often very competitive against each other
Tell me about it! But they were in a 4x2x2 ft cage so they had plenty of space to bit - run -then hide :wink: they were a male and female pair so they lived OK together.

I remember not so long ago when northern bluetongues became a "new" species, it took a while to catch on but after it did they became more expensive.

Are you saying more defined than Zobos hatchlings ? If so we really need to see photo's of those.

TrueBlue said:
Ive relocated probally around the 50 mark over the years some more defind than zobos some not but all with the potiental to produce fully stripped young. The partly stripped ones Im not counting as there were many many of them. They are not as common as most other morphs but still pretty common.
They still wont let me post any pics, god dam gay rule that one is.
But its much the same as yours sdaji but a blond.

jordo said:
they are often very competitive against each other
Tell me about it! But they were in a 4x2x2 ft cage so they had plenty of space to bit - run -then hide :wink: they were a male and female pair so they lived OK together.

I remember not so long ago when northern bluetongues became a "new" species, it took a while to catch on but after it did they became more expensive.

I had the exact same experience. There I was, boiling some water, when all of a sudden, four of them leaped out and tried to attack me. Good thing I had my trusty sliding glass runners handy! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back