Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha!!! i love rants! it shows passion! i am VERY passionate about animal welfare in general so i get frustrated with people who do not consider every element involved in caring for an animal. their life is in your hands.

i dont even have a snake yet as i know that at the moment i dont have the time and setup i need. i mainly read the threads and learn little by little but one day i will get a pet snake. no plans for breeding.

i have to agree with becs
people who are in it for the money must be generally unaware of how much time money and effort it takes to breed snakes (or any animal) it is something which requires dedication.

It is horrible to think of breeding to make money as the animal will always will be the first to suffer.

I understand that some people may LIKE the idea of a challenge of breeding these awesome animals. but if you are not thoroughly experienced and educated, that is when people come onto these forums with questions which should have been previously considered.

i also feel that people may rely too much on the forums for info rather than talking to a vet. there are many contradicting opinions on here which makes it all the more confusing.

think of the animals please!

You are so right BECS. Some comments suggest that selling them at all shouldn't happen. Its almost like 'they' are trying to say if you love them you would keep them all, or re-home them for free. Nothing works that way. I joined a companion animal forum once, not really understanding its topic and boy did I get shot down in flames when I mentioned my animals in cages bedded on shavings or newspaper. They are suppose to have a bought bed and blankets and free roam the house. I didn't go back there :lol:

mwloco - these forums ARE for learning about all there is about reptiles. If ppl can't ask questions whats the point of it other than a social gathering at computers. Yes I agree there have been some posts where it seems ppl are jumping the gun, rushing into things and then realising they can't afford treatments when something goes wrong. But 9 times out of 10, ppl's questions can be answered here, quite well which can avoid the cost of a vet if it wasn't needed. Yes indeed, THINK OF THE ANIMALS, but don't make ppl feel shame for asking here first. Some ppl wouldn't know where to look, to research their stuff. What a good place to start - here and find out the best books and sites to read.

mwloco - these forums ARE for learning about all there is about reptiles. If ppl can't ask questions whats the point of it other than a social gathering at computers. Yes I agree there have been some posts where it seems ppl are jumping the gun, rushing into things and then realising they can't afford treatments when something goes wrong. But 9 times out of 10, ppl's questions can be answered here, quite well which can avoid the cost of a vet if it wasn't needed. Yes indeed, THINK OF THE ANIMALS, but don't make ppl feel shame for asking here first. Some ppl wouldn't know where to look, to research their stuff. What a good place to start - here and find out the best books and sites to read.

of course its for learning here however if people have had a snake get steadily more sick and they continue to come bak HERE for help they should consider other options. the animal shouldnt have to suffer for longer.

you are all very helpful as you have experiences of your own which help other learn. that's why i'm here im not trying to make people feel ashamed. sorry if it sounded that way

I make some $ back on my animals, and I keep them in better conditions than most people, with custom built enclosures/heating/thermostats etc etc.

There is no reason why you can't make some $ and love/look after them aswell, I do!

I have bought animals I like, and re-invested the $ back into housing/collection and I now have a great moderate collection of most animals I used to dream of. None of which could have been possible without getting some $ back from breeding.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

j

I'm too selfish I guess, and seem to buy a whole bunch of different animals rather than purchasing pairs of anything. So in real terms I have no choice in the matter! :lol: Unless I have the ability to create the worlds first hybrid water python X tiger snake, or Colletts X BTS! :lol: Hmmmmmm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back