Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice snake mate, can i ask why my bredli's heat pits are longer and deeper? iv got a couple of pics if you can see what i mean
Could be a number of reasons why they are different. Could just be different photo angles, my snakes pits may look smaller because it has a larger head or it could just be as simple as natural variation between the snakes. To be honest there is probably no real 100% answer to the question.
Cheers Cameron

Thanks. She is a great looking snake but a grumpy one to do anything with. She makes things nice and fun.
Cheers Cameron

The good looking ones usually come with attitude:D its what makes life interesting.

Picture of my Bredli, sorry about the quality...........a photographer I'm not
thanks John
View attachment 293440
Your picture didn't attach properly. When you try to attach a picture or video press the go advanced option and when in there go into manage attachments and it will then work for you.
Cheers Cameron

Your picture didn't attach properly. When you try to attach a picture or video press the go advanced option and when in there go into manage attachments and it will then work for you.
Cheers Cameron

Did it come thorough this time?
thanks John

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 83
Hi All strange question...........maybe, my Bredli is making squeaking sounds, could it be the noise of her skin on her branch, her eyes look a little cloudy

John

It is common when snakes are coming into shed for them to get a slight whistle to them as there nasal scales are becoming loose. If it is still making a whistling noise after its shed get it to a vet just encase it is a respiratory infection.
Cheers Cameron

It is common when snakes are coming into shed for them to get a slight whistle to them as there nasal scales are becoming loose. If it is still making a whistling noise after its shed get it to a vet just encase it is a respiratory infection.
Cheers Cameron

Thanks Cameron and JM, just got home from work to find Lucy my bredli looking nice and brightly coloured and one complete shed skin. She is five months old and I believe last time she shed was mid April so considering I am a first time snake owner and after reading a lot about shedding problems some snakes have I think I am pretty lucky. Do I need to wait to feed her? She had a couple of fuzzy mice a week and a half ago and is sitting in her branch looking pretty pleased with herself.
John

Good to hear that she shed for you fine. As soon as they have shed it is perfectly fine to feed them. The only reason people try not to feed during shed is encase the snake still has a food bulge when they shed and that getting caught on the bulge causing problems.
Cheers Cameron

hey johnk i have a 5 month old bredli and she eats a large adult mouse with ease so you can feed yours a bit more than a fuzzy mouse mate time to up the food i think..how much of a lump does the fuzzy leave in his belly

hey johnk i have a 5 month old bredli and she eats a large adult mouse with ease so you can feed yours a bit more than a fuzzy mouse mate time to up the food i think..how much of a lump does the fuzzy leave in his belly

Hi smileysnake when I was at allthingsslimey in Tuggerah two weeks ago they suggested hopper mice but nil stock so I bought some fuzzy rats, I just fed her and she took it no problem and leaves a visible luimp, fuzzy mice left a small lump if that before. She is growing fast, approx 800mm long (measured shed skin and added 20mm) and around 20-25mm diameter in her middle before feeding but haven't weighed her since I got her in early June.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back