Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 57: Here you go. I think this is some of my best work yet. Notice the veins on the inside of the shells.
DSC02676.jpg

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02689.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02694.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

DSC02697.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02703.jpg

DSC02704.jpg

for the knockers of CarpetPythons method, why do you artificially incubate your eggs instead of leaving them with mum for maternal incubation? would it be to get a higher hatch rate? so CarpetPythons method of pipping her eggs is to get a higher hatch rate. so IMO her method is no different to yours except she has an extra step in her method. im enjoying this thread and cant wait for these eggs to hatch and see the results that CarpetPythons gets with this method

The captive keeping and breeding of reptiles is artificial. When we pair up animals for breeding they do not under go natural selection, no courtship ect, the enclosure temps and humidity are usually far from what the female would actually choose to be in, esp when choosing a spot to incubate her eggs, the whole process is flawed... I personally don't care what people do to their own reptiles or eggs, it's up to them. I just try to open peoples minds up to the possible ramifications of various methods used. Twenty years down the track and a few generations later when more and more pythons just drop dead for no reason maybe people will say it's all inbreeding? maybe it's a new mystery virus or calcium issues... who knows eh?

Lot of you support method to leave eggs with female. There are some comment in previous post that John have 100% success year after year by leaving eggs with female to hatch naturally.
Well that is maybe true, but this depends also on female. Not all females are same and some of them don't take care of the eggs as well as the others do. Last year one of my female rejected 5 eggs from clutch, and rubbed her self around the rest. I put the 5 eggs rejected by female to incubator and 4 of them hatched with out problem.
Also I remove eggs from female mainly to gibe her break. They do look better if they can get the first feed 60 days earlier and for me is health of my females important.
I think also if female get bit of help from keeper by incubating eggs in incubator, her life span is longer.
Maybe my opinion is wrong, and there is no difference to female health if you leave her with eggs. But there is so many keepers and so many different opinion and techniques.

this may sound like such a newbie question.
and isnt totally related to this thread.
but why is it that when you move snake eggs from the hatching site to the incubator that you have to keep that facing the same way?

by the way.
i have found this thread really interesting, its pretty cool to see how some keepers keep their eggs.

but why is it that when you move snake eggs from the hatching site to the incubator that you have to keep that facing the same way?

by the way.
i have found this thread really interesting, its pretty cool to see how some keepers keep their eggs.

The embryo attaches itself to the egg wall after being laid, if is is turned after it has done that the embryo will die, before that happens though they can be rolled around like marbles...

The embryo attaches itself to the egg wall after being laid, if is is turned after it has done that the embryo will die, before that happens though they can be rolled around like marbles...

ahk. thanks. how long till the embryo attaches itself?

This is a FANTASTIC THREAD! thankyou so much carpetpythons.com the photos are amasing!woudl you mind if I printed some out and stuck them on my wall? I just thought i shoudl ask out of courtesy, they absolutly blow me away.

by the way.

the embryo attaches to the inside of the egg. at the top of the egg is an air sack that the embryo faces. if the egg is turned then the embryo isnt facing the air sack and will drown. hope my simple terms have helped you understand. maybe someone else can explain it better than me

Come on now, lets not tell people they can roll eggs around like marbles! We dont want them trying it unless you have done that before Jason?;)

haha so because we dont know when the embryo attaches itself. its just safer to not roll it at all. got it (Y)

thanks C.P.au for opening one of natures windows for all to see..

interesting article serpentes. Could there be a link between albinism and egg teeth perhaps?? Being what you could described an undesirable gene it is interesting to see mortality rate greatly increase in particular species in the F2 generation. Maybe natures way of avoiding mass numbers of an undesirable gene entering the population to potentially increase in number.

Obvisouly albinism is undesirable as not only does it make the animal more visible to predator, this trait in turn makes the animal more visible to prey and therefore less likely to successfully hunt.

Does anyone know or have a link to egg tooth developement and at what stage it occurs. I'm guessing it is a rapid process as early development could result in the developing snake accidentally pipping early while moving around. It will be interesting to see at what stage Nicoles hatchies develope egg teeth. It seems from the close up pics that it has yet to happen.

Could you PM me the link to the article?? i'd like to have a read.

Could you elaborate more on that?

Does he incubate at a different temperature? etc
No he uses the water method and standard incubating temps.He's had it with bhp's,coastals,childrens ,womas,jungles and the same result each year.I'm guessing it's something to do with being enviromental.He just sitsa grate on a shelf like in most fridges with eggs suspended above the water.

I find it amazing that he gets the same results right to knowing exactly when the eggs start hatching to the day.I had a discussion about this with jay76 as to why this happens however i forgot exactly what he said,I think he said something to do with barometric pressure but it certainly is puzzeling that's for sure!I don't think I can elaborate anymore,or better????????

No he uses the water method and standard incubating temps.He's had it with bhp's,coastals,childrens ,womas,jungles and the same result each year.I'm guessing it's something to do with being enviromental.He just sitsa grate on a shelf like in most fridges with eggs suspended above the water.

I find it amazing that he gets the same results right to knowing exactly when the eggs start hatching to the day.I had a discussion about this with jay76 as to why this happens however i forgot exactly what he said,I think he said something to do with barometric pressure but it certainly is puzzeling that's for sure!I don't think I can elaborate anymore,or better????????

Thanks for that Brown's,

Seems rather interesting though.

There is nothing to suggest that albinos are weak genetically and their physical is not strained either... Take it from a US breeder who has been dealing with morphs for over 15 years (longer than some of you have been in the hobby)...

Albinos are not any weaker than normals at all, aside from normal complications that come with albinism like not being able to sit in the sun,,, Thats about it though... They breed the same, their hatch rates are the same, their husbandry is the same, they eat the same, they live long healthy lives the same as their normal counterparts...

It is obvious that arguments against albinos stems from untruths and pure jealousy... People are mad because they can not line their pockets as well...

What is wrong with making money doing something you love??? I dont get why people get mad at people who try to make a living in the reptile hobby...

Maddness!!!:lol:

There are many albino species being hatched in the US... There have been no issues with egg tooth development (it has not been proven genetic or related to albinism) or any other issues in the health... Missing an egg tooth is actually not common and is an individual problem... I do not recall ever hearing of an entire clutch not having egg teeth...

Keep in mind that although some can, not all defective or mutated genes will weaken animals...

Last edited:
the embryo attaches to the inside of the egg. at the top of the egg is an air sack that the embryo faces. if the egg is turned then the embryo isnt facing the air sack and will drown. hope my simple terms have helped you understand. maybe someone else can explain it better than me

Actually this is not really correct...

The embryo can attach itself anywhere in the egg... Top and sides are usual and even sometimes on the bottom... It will take a few hours to a couple of days to attach itself, never weeks...

Once attached, if the egg is turned the embryo will not drown... It will however suffocate because the vascular system that brings oxygen from the egg wall to the embryo detatches...

It really has nothing to do with an air bubble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back