Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully there will be lots of frogs at the illawarra reptile society show on the 10th of april. You should check that out. I will definately be looking to get some frogs

i want a expo here in brissy or ipswich!!! i have never been and am awaiting to go and get some picks and just have a look think ill leave the missus and kids at home i will be there a while

still so far away lol suppose gives me a chance to save some $ do these expos ussually have enclosures up for grabs to?

the thing that had me worried with the snakes for sale was a guy selling wa pygme womas.
thats spelt how he had it btw.

They are boodarie womas... he seems to beleive they are 'pygmes'. maybe he just hasn't seen a fully grown adult....

Sofar was toofar for zulu,maybe illawarra less far :)

Jason

You had a crack at my Womas after the last expo, stating I was misleading people because your Boodaries where much bigger. You were told by Dave McIntosh that mine are INDEED NOT Boodaries as you keep claiming, and are infact a smaller pygmy race found around Port Headland that rarely exceed 90cm and 500 to 600 grams.

I have been breeding reptiles longer then you have been alive. I have an impecable name in this business and do not need to mislead people as you keep suggesting. Just because you have 1 form of Womas from WA does not make you an expert on the other forms. Check with Dave McIntosh again and get your facts right. Till them keep your opinions to yourself. Oh, by the way if anyone reading this would also like to check with Dave in WA you will see Jason has no basis for his slanderous comments

Ipswitch also has the scales and tails expo..november i think it is? You missed it by a few months..lol

As for the Sofar expo, well done to the organisors. It was not a bad day. Only one thing did spoil the show. A theif was lerking. I had a Woma stolen from our table, a pair of geckoes, a diamiond and a carpet, as well as a young lasses Iphone were stolen from other tables. They were lucky they were not caught, but these lowlife are starting to ruin these shows. Quite a few also were taken from the last Castlehill Expo as well It has to stop.

have you got any photos of these small womas mate wouldnt mind seeing one

As for the Sofar expo, well done to the organisors. It was not a bad day. Only one thing did spoil the show. A theif was lerking. I had a Woma stolen from our table, a pair of geckoes, a diamiond and a carpet, as well as a young lasses Iphone were stolen from other tables. They were lucky they were not caught, but these lowlife are starting to ruin these shows. Quite a few also were taken from the last Castlehill Expo as well It has to stop.

I agree with these scum-bags ruining the shows for exhibitors, but in all due respect, I think it is the responsibility of the exhibitors to ensure the security and safety of their own equipment and livestock.
It is really sad that you and others experienced these thefts, but the organizers of SOFAR are pretty limited with what they can do to prevent this. Besides strip-searching everyone as they leave(not gonna happen!) their hands are pretty tied.

it is sickening to hear of this.
These people give reptile enthusiasts a bad name and should go and get a freakin life

it shouldnt have to even come to that though reptilife you should be able to go somewhere like a expo and feel comfortable that people have enough of a consience and enough sense to keep there grubby thieving hands to themselves some people just have no morals and i just hope one day one of these people get caught doing something like stealing and gets flogged!!!

Jason has no basis for his slanderous comments

My comment was based solely on the information you fed me at the sydney expo! you told me they were pygmy womas from boodarie... If they are not infact boodaries than far enough I AM WRONG... just as you were by origainally telling me they were boodaries at the sydney show. My comments were based on the fact that boodaries are not a pyg form, just another locality.
I dont believe i assumed to much, i was just ill informed originally. I do not want to ruin this thread or bring others into it, but i will say that i have never been told that your animals 'are indeed not boodaries'.
I have never and will never claim to be an expert on anything! You assume I have 1 type of WA woma, seems we may both need to get our facts straight.
My 'slander' is not personal! I dont know you, I just say it like i see it and based on what you told me originally, which i believed to be correct at the time.
'keep your opinions to yourself'... this is a forum, this is where people come to talk and voice their opinion.
cheers

Back to topic... Sorry to hear about the animals being stolen, that is a real sad side of expos, they can attract some shallow people!

I went up from Sydney to the SOFAR show again as I have for the last three years. Always enjoy this show but there were noticeably less tables this year than previous years.

Cheers
Octane

Fishunter

The reptile demo would normally have been held outside, however no one wanted the extra 6 to 8 stalls you mentioned , so there was enough room to bring it inside this year. And there was still heaps more room still available around the demo area that could have been used as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back