Top 10+1 Most Annoying n00b Threads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thats a bit harsh.
Everyone was new at some stage, be thankful that they care enough to ask questions, and not just guess and learn from from bad mistakes.

Only stupid question is a question not asked.

Jonno

totally agree with you:)

Ok, so some of the noobs are offended by this thread, because they are so eager to learn.... but if they were so thirsty for knowledge you think they would have had a crack at the search function, maybe read a book or two... and the fact of the matter is, the internet has spawned a generation of lazy researchers.

The most annoying one is this "Hi, this is Monty!" Arrrrrgh!!! I'm gonna kill the next person who names their freaking snake "Monty"!!!! My neighbor is always asking if any of my snakes are called Monty and I just want to kill him, chop him up into tiny pieces and bury him somewhere secluded!!! :lol:

...Sooooo....I take it none of your snakes are called Monty huh...

i then get PM'ed by another noob telling me i am power feeding my animal and how i should feed it every three weeks like him AND THEN i find out that the little prick is 13 years old. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ha ha Classic........
It has always felt to me like people join up here knowing nothing about reptiles then within a week or 2 (or 15,000 posts whatever comes first) are the bee's knee's in reptile keeping and will quite often give out wrong information......
Look and Listen.... and use the search button.......

Ok, so some of the noobs are offended by this thread, because they are so eager to learn.... but if they were so thirsty for knowledge you think they would have had a crack at the search function, maybe read a book or two... and the fact of the matter is, the internet has spawned a generation of lazy researchers.

Believe me, I have been doing that alot fyi, spent most of yesterday searching through older posts, reading as much as could, even information not related to me just yet. I also went down to the local library the other day to check out all the herp books. Don't accuse me of being lazy thank you.

Last edited:
Believe me, I have been doing that alot fyi, spent most of yesterday searching through older posts, reading as much as could, even information not related to me just yet. I also went down to the local library the other day to check out all the herp books. Don't accuse me of being lazy thank you.

Hmmmm, looking through my post and couldnt find any reference particularly pointing to you... just a broad general statement.....

I mean, the fact that you got so defensive, even quoting my post to retaliate makes me think you feel somehow defined by post....

I'm not a lazy researcher - I learnt from Ihaveherps yesterday many ways to help shedding.

And not to mention if I ever need any help i just ask magpie... He knows EVERYTHING!

Incidentally - Ihaveherps - You can NOT microwave a snake on high 1 minute for every kg, it's 1 minute for every 250g - for a standard 850W microwave.

Last edited:
Here's a few more:lol:

1. I really want a corn snake how do I get one?
2. i can't afford another cage will a hatchy childrens be ok with my olive until I get a new cage.
3. How much do GTP's cost I saw one in a magazine and I want it.
4. My snake hasn't eaten, for two days? What do I do?

most n00b threads are ok, like asking whats a good beginer snake, what size cage, cage pics, feeding requency etc, but some are just stupid, one that cames to mind is the "is is jessie gay" thread i mentioned earlyer, its threads like those that give me a laugh but also waste time.

Ah ha!

But without the funny ones.....we would all be geekazoids!
If it was not for the wonderfull moosey and slimy (just to name a couple) i would have the fattest belly ever! Do you k now how many muscles you use when you laugh?!?!?!?!?

So thank you moosey and slimy for keeping my belly nice and little and firm ;)

Where can I buy a Thorny Devil?
Where can I buy a Leopard Gecko?
Where can I buy a Chameleon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back