Using Heat Cord

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think when you go into advanced and attach one picture you should be able to click in the same screen "attach another file".

if not i have no idea. good luck! lol

: )

I got 4 tubs like yourself. Would it trouble you to post pics of your set up as im not sure of the gab between each rap of cord? Also with the tubs, the ones that arent exactly flat on the bottom due to an edging which raises them. Are they still ok to use?
Cheers for the help mate

Sorry dude, i don't have pics of it.
The gap is up to you and the set up, room temps etc. The smaller the gap the more heat. So keep your cord up one end (obviously) and have the thermometer in there and just play around with the cord and see what you get. (remember not to over lap the cord or it may burn itself).
The weight of the tubs should hold the cord down.
I'm using flat bottom ones but as i said before play around with it and see what you get.

MatE. Sweet set up!!

oh and in reference to the main topic of the thread i use a 15w cord and coil it once (so there are 2 lines under the enclosure). this keeps the temps perfect : )

Is it alright to fold the cord to make more runs of cord along the bottom?

I suppose it would just get to hot running to many but if you were to run it on a dimmer or thermostat it would be ok.But i really dont think you need too.I put a thermometer in my tubs to make sure of temps dont wont to cook them.

Ok no worries. What wattage and length cord or cords should i go for in peoples opinions?
Thats for the 4 tubs which are over 40 L in size.

Ok no worries. What wattage and length cord or cords should i go for in peoples opinions?
Thats for the 4 tubs which are over 40 L in size.

Sorry didnt realize how big your boxes were you are trying to heat .But i suppose you can get an idea from the comments and work out the total widths of your boxes.Its would be better to buy a longer cord and run it on a dimmer it would be cheaper than buying 2 cords but thats up to you.

Sorry didnt realize how big your boxes were you are trying to heat .But i suppose you can get an idea from the comments and work out the total widths of your boxes.Its would be better to buy a longer cord and run it on a dimmer it would be cheaper than buying 2 cords but thats up to you.

I agree with MatE here.
For some reason i thought you were talking about smaller snakes too.

i bought the boxes from the reject shop for $2 ,they are microwave safe.

Do you often microwave your snakes mate... LOL.. sorry, couldn't help myself.:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Great information though guys.. I've been doing a bit of research on this myself, just in case... this is very handy info!

Thanks

Do you often microwave your snakes mate... LOL.. sorry, couldn't help myself.:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Great information though guys.. I've been doing a bit of research on this myself, just in case... this is very handy info!

Thanks
Yep taste like chicken nah just they can handle the heat and forgot to mention they are dishwasher safe so you can have clean snakes aswell.

What kind of dimmer should i get for the 50 w 7m cord to heat the 4 containers? Dont no scrap about dimmers so will need to be explained to me.
Cheers

You really need an electrician to hook one up for you they probably wouldnt even charge you for it wouldnt take them long.

What are the dimensions of the tubs you're going to use, and what are you going to be keeping in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back