Using Heat Cord

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
off the top of my head and this is only guess because im at my dads place. L = 60 W = 40 H = 30

I think i know the tubs you're talking about, let me dig up a pic of what i was using to heat them when i was using them. It is basically just a large rack with 2 line of heat cord routed into bottom of each level.

Cheers mate. They werent exactly flat. they had an edging on them on the bottom and i used a blade to cut it of then sanded them down but it still isnt exactly flat curves a little up if you get what i mean. What should i do about that?

It's not the best pic, but you get the idea. Use at least a 6m heat cord as anything less may struggle to hold a decent temp over such a large area. Use a pulse proportional thermostat to control the temps, the Habistat ones are good and nicely priced.

Attachments

• Rack.jpg
    Rack.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 62
Cheers mate. They werent exactly flat. they had an edging on them on the bottom and i used a blade to cut it of then sanded them down but it still isnt exactly flat curves a little up if you get what i mean. What should i do about that?

That should be ok, just try to get them as flat as possible.

How much will the thermostat set me back and where should i get it from? Also do i only need the two runs of cord. It will be for 4 juvenille bredli.

2 runs would be enough but you could do 3. The thermo is $125 from Herp Shop.

I should also have mentioned, make sure there is plenty of ventilation in the tubs, as they can overheat very easily, especially on hot Summer days. It would be a good idea to have a dual probe thermometer in one of the tubs giving a constant read out of temps both at the warm end and cool end.

how much would the dual probe thermometer set me back? Will it be hard to set all this up?

$25 from Herp Shop. You don't have to do anything, just put the two probes where you want to measure the temps.

ok no worries ill try get all the stuff an see how i go, gotta leave for work soon. Thanks again

I run heatcord under my hatchy rack. I'd like to say who I bought it off, but I might get into trouble promoting a business. I love this sytem and can't wait to try it out with hatchlings. I've connected the heatcord to a probe thermostat under one of the tubs and have run it continually for the last several months just to make sure the temps are good. I find this system works like a dream with no overheating problems or hot spots in the tubs.
Sorry about the dust, I have not put any snakes into the rack yet so it's gathered a bit of dust.
heatcord.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back