vegetarians and vegans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I am thinking, sax. With my diet I try to get as much protein into me as I can, and go to the gym often. My energy levels have improved dramatically. I'd be inclined to say I'd hibernate as a vegetarian/vegan.

i was vego for about 15 years, i slept about 14 hours a day, was always tired and lethargic,...

i started eating meat again in moderation a few years ago, and ive never felt better,...!! :p

i was vego for about 15 years, i slept about 14 hours a day, was always tired and lethargic,...

i started eating meat again in moderation a few years ago, and ive never felt better,...!! :p

you were probably anemic... did you get blood tests? i was like that when i first cut meat out but got blood tested and started eating a more balanced diet as i learnt to cook better vego meals. Still get a blood test every 3 months (for giving blood so not because i think im anemic) and ive been above average with no supplements

i did once, and apparently my iron levels were fine,....

i didnt use supplements either,..and probably could have gone to more effort in the diet department,....

I eat red meat cause sam neill told me to... Red meat gave him the energy to do the dance in the ad..

I'm an ovo-vegetarian. So is my daughter. We only eat eggs from a friend's rescue chickens. If she has none for us we don't have eggs either.

i hope your eating more than eggs?lol

whats an ovo vegetarian?

I meant they are the only type we eat lol.

Ovo-vegetarian is pretty much vegan + eggs so no animal milk. I've been vego for 31 years now with about 7 years of being vegan. My daughter was vegan til 2 when she had her first eggs and vegetarian (but no animal milk) since then.

I meant they are the only type we eat lol.

Ovo-vegetarian is pretty much vegan + eggs so no animal milk. I've been vego for 31 years now with about 7 years of being vegan. My daughter was vegan til 2 when she had her first eggs and vegetarian (but no animal milk) since then.

thanks for explaining that for me :)

We are healthy and active too! Never lethargic and rarely get sick :)

"As it is we chug down enormous quantities of horrifically unsustainable, cruelly-produced, poor-quality meat that's killing us and the planet. I know people who eat nearly 2kg of the stuff a day, as the central focus of all three meals. Mental."

Why are you saying our meat is cruelly produced? Hasn't it been clarified that Australian meat is not?
What makes you think it is poor quality?
If anyone truly does eat 2kg of meat a day it is certainly not the norm and would be a very expensive diet.

I'd also imagine whoever ate meat three times a day would be backed up like the Bruce highway during christmas break ;D

(Also, for those in QLD, there's a fantastic company called Barambah who produce ethical dairy products. You pay more, but the quality is right up there along with the taste.)

Last edited:
AshleighMarie, if your keen to meet vegans/veges, check out www.unleashed.org.au

I think alot of the people commenting on this actually need to do some research on a plant-based diet, and the many benefits it brings, read a book such as the china study. And maybe even research the australian factory farms etc, you have all the resources at the tip of your fingers, 90% of you will be shocked at what you find. The rise in Degenerative disease and the rise in animal-product consumption are not a coincidence

hmmmm, yet i have never broken a bone (by fault of my own anyway)! i ran into a glass door but no broken nose, had a seizur and fell over whacked my head on a door frame and hit my mandible joint...no break, all because i drink milk which has calcium in it. go figure.

actually i have incredible bone density for my age and was told that if i were to eat a vegetarian diet i wouldn't have it for long because of how my body is built and my system requirements.

To be honest I really couldn't be bothered being vegan. Too hard to avoid eggs, dairy etc in my opinion.

I dont have a problem with either but they should let places know when they book for dinner/function etc, on the night is a real pain. To the people who say they are allergic to things when they are ordering and actually just dont like it, Id like to feed your your own foot.

AshleighMarie, if your keen to meet vegans/veges, check out www.unleashed.org.au

I think alot of the people commenting on this actually need to do some research on a plant-based diet, and the many benefits it brings, read a book such as the china study. And maybe even research the australian factory farms etc, you have all the resources at the tip of your fingers, 90% of you will be shocked at what you find. The rise in Degenerative disease and the rise in animal-product consumption are not a coincidence
Try replacing "animal-product" in your last sentence with "trans-fat loaded, fructose laden, over-processed, nutritionally void, empty carbohydrate 'foods'."
Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back