Veno question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost_in_the_Jungle said:
i would also like to know how you can say it is wrong to remove the glands but not to cross species

Would you have half your lungs removed because your partner doesn't like how deep you breathe in bed at night?????

Not that i agree with crossing species but, how many human couples do you know that are from different cultural backgrounds? Alot more than people willing to remove body parts because someone else doesn't like it!

Lost_in_the_Jungle said:
how is cross breeding validated

and if the snake is safer for the handler is it not improved

1. i don't approve cross breeding species so I can't answer that.

2. If you believe that a ven needs voiding for your safety, you shouldn't own one. Any compentent handler, while cautious, can handle their vens safely.

removing the lung is an improvement is it not,

but what is different between removing the trait and breeding an unwanted trait out

Certain people shouldn't own vens & guess what lost in the jungle, you are one of them :roll:

okay we seem to be going back to this but i never said i had the problem with the ven in the snake

but the leading party is the one with the problem

JDP crossing breeding is improving the snake just like removing the gland is

no I don't believe removing a lung to be an improvement! Can you honestly say you have no problem removing a lung because someone wants you to????? and, what does breeding traits have to do with this topic?

the venom trait is the problem

but people have problems with colour so they breed the bad colour trait out

what other reason could you have to cross breed

Man i feel bad about even thinking about desexing one of my old female pythons so i can put her out in the aivery and not have the males knocking her up every season.

I would never ever contemplate ripping out a snakes venom glands,thats just wrong

Venom trait, what the bloody hell are you on mate

trait is defined as a distiguishing feature

and the most distiguishing feature about a venomus snake is its venom

and i am not talking about removing them

In biology, traits refer to genetically inherited features of organisms.

Well if thats the distinguishing feature,if you remove it then it won't be a venomous snake anymore, so get a python mate :roll: :lol:

well if you could get pythons that looked like death adders then i would wouldnt i

the moment you find one kyro you tell me

How can cross breeding make it safer snake? I think you'll find the hatchies would go 50/50 non-vens and 50/50 vens. Then you need to work out which are and which arent, and put that "aren't" hatchie back to a non-ven and the outcome would be 50/50 again. But this doesn't mean you are going to end up with non-venemous death adders. You will have a whole new hybrid snake. it would take longer than you to have to live to be able to produce a non-venomous snake that looks like a death adder then it probably won't ever happen - might end up with something that can't survive because its been inbred too much trying to produce a product that will never come about. If it could be done, someone would have done it by now.

one i am against hybrids

second you cant breed pythons with vens

and lastly what are you talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back