Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted a python for years, mum always said no way, but now years on, mum has 6 coastals and i've got a pair of maccies and a pair of stimsons, my motto, never give up hope, most of my mates think we are mad, but the best thing about owning snakes, is meeting other people that have them, as for heating, we use hotrocks and also we use 40 watt bulbs enclosed in a ply box, when cold they lay on the box, when the snakes were smaller we used a ply box with the bulb in one end under a fish tank, i've had my 4 snakes for almost 12 months now, i'm hoping to get a really nice yellow jungle one day as my next python, i also have 33 blue tongues.....

cheers,
steve......

africancichlidau said:
Not too keen on the blue tongues are you? :)
how did you guess, i'll sell you a couple,

cheers,
steve..........

Well up until 5 minutes ago my only tag was from my little hatchlings...I just went out to change my 7 foot water pythons water bowel, went to get him out of the enclosure and he so kindly tagged me twice on my arm...I've never had so much adrenaline pumped through my body...

Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy if you grabbed my water bowel either.

Tim said:
Well up until 5 minutes ago my only tag was from my little hatchlings...I just went out to change my 7 foot water pythons water bowel, went to get him out of the enclosure and he so kindly tagged me twice on my arm...I've never had so much adrenaline pumped through my body...

GEE - my WPs ignore me, unless its at night and Im holding a rat

I know someone who has the most interesting speckling on his snakeroom ceiling from jerking the ole arm back out of the mouth of one of his animals and I can tell you he is not a volountary member of the 'Bleeders Club" but a long term, loyal member of though. :lol:

either water a little bit of metho and sometimes depends on the snake if you try to blow air into there mouth's most of the time they will let go

thats cool. how is your md going? been bitten yet?

No hes great i have fed him twice on fuzzy rats and handle him before feeding and 2-3 times a week as well when cleaning his enclosure
he has not struck at me "yet " I have Named him "Odin" !
I am currently looking for my second snake i will get a coastal next !

Ummm... ricko, where did the metho as a release tool come from? As for the up close and personal blowing in the mouth, I can see the potential for something more disastrous than your arm being tagged here!

As much as you want to rip an animal off when you are being chewed, there is a danger of inadvertantly causing the animal to leave behind teeth which from accounts is not such a great thing also.
Regards Rina

I am a little unsure dobermanmick, but losing their teeth is a natural process of aging and a risk with some prey items. Not sure of the replacement setup with pythons. suffering teeth lose.
Regards Rina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back