We're all going to die (very soon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the knowledge i have in this area has come from watching documentaries, rather than any understanding of the physics involved.

If you really wanted a discussion on physics, you should try http://www.physicsforums.com/ . Expecting a rational debate about physics on a reptile forum is an interesting concept though. Who would have thought it could go off the tracks?

If you really wanted a discussion on physics, you should try http://www.physicsforums.com/ . Expecting a rational debate about physics on a reptile forum is an interesting concept though. Who would have thought it could go off the tracks?

HAHAHA!!! I just don't want it closed - otherwise it will be the end of the world.. do you really want to be responsible for that :p

It was a bit of tongue and cheek tho (I figured you'd see it)

I am actually on that physics forums thingo - but I have hardly used it...

GO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD PEOPLE - I like this one to stay open - STOP YOUR RELIGIOUS TALK and begin PHYSICS!
GOGO PHYSICS!
Are dimensions a part of physics? (not meant to be a smart alic comment) Do people actually study this?
The first three people are comfortable dealing with are the XYZ coordinates. The cartesian coordinate system is a great way to pinpoint the location of some object. For example an apple. You pick and XYZ coordinate, and you can locate the apple in 3D space i.e. say for example with latitude, longitude, and elevation from average sea level. Pretty simple.

Now say that yesterday you were able to locate an apple somewhere. You go back today and it's gone. Now we're introducing the fourth dimension TIME. When locating something you need to give XYZ and TIME. There's no point telling where something is, if it's not gonna be there when you get to it.
After that things start getting VERY complicated. That's just a brief intro to the first four dimensions of the universe.

Actually I have been meaning to do that. Where is a good place to find an explination of it I don't trust most web sights.
Hyper Physics is one of THE BEST sites you'll ever look at
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/HFrame.html

It can get pretty indepth really fast, though. So be warned.

Most good books are expensive. Paul A. Tipler's Physics for Scientists and Engineers is a really good entry-level university textbook.
http://www.whfreeman.com/tipler4e/index.htm

I used it to teach my accounting friend the basics of General and Special Relativity. He's a surfer meathead, and even he borrowed the book off me for a few weeks :p

If anyone has any questions or queries regarding any forms of science, I'll be more than happy to help.
Even (especially) if it's your high school science homework :lol: [SERIOUS]

Studying psyc at the momment so not want to get to indepth with books just a basic run down of the theory of relativity from a web site at this point would be good.

The nerds will need a leader Leigh - perhaps you can put your name forward :p

By the way I checked that link to see if the world has ended yet - it appears we're still going.

The nerds will need a leader Leigh - perhaps you can put your name forward :p

By the way I checked that link to see if the world has ended yet - it appears we're still going.

oh we're still alive?? good. i did have my doubts a minute ago...

i cant even boil an egg, what makes you think i could lead the nerds of Earth to safety??

oh we're still alive?? good. i did have my doubts a minute ago...

i cant even boil an egg, what makes you think i could lead the nerds of Earth to safety??

I learnt how to do that the other day. You put the egg(s) in cold water in a saucepan and put on the stove, then wait until it boils.. then take it out after about 7 minutes. Could be less time.. I may be being over cautious, but I'm pretty sure boiling them for longer than necessary doesn't hurt them.

see you'd think it was that easy, but mine just don't work. i get paranoid and take them out too early.

Well, leave them in for seven minutes! What's the worst that could happen?

i just figure the bloody eggs are gonna go bad or something! dont stress me out woman, the eggs are stressful enough without your two cent worth!! :D:D

EDIT: also, there's this big atomic thing happening in Europe. how's that going anyway?

i put my eggs in the cold water, when the water starts boiling, it's 3 mins til the egg is perfect. if you put the eggs in cold water immediatly, they are much eaier to peel.

I like to use my Large Hadron Collider to cook eggs - The 100,000,000'C temperatures do eggs perfectly in 0.004 yocto seconds.

OMG - I am so running for king of the nerds!

I like to use my Large Hadron Collider to cook eggs - The 100,000,000'C temperatures do eggs perfectly in 0.004 yocto seconds.

OMG - I am so running for king of the nerds!

I think you will find its actually 100 000 000 000'C

Wait add 1 more 0, isnt it meant to be a trillion degrees.

BAHAHAHA!!!! don't you try running for king of the nerds...

I actually don't have a CLUE - all I know is the superconduction temp of the machine needs to be close to absolute zero - they're using liquid helium for that....

But that's only -271'C that's not even that cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back