what annoys youthe most?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where were you from Snowman?

Ferntree Gully Victoria :)
Dad's from Fairfield NSW
Mum's from Cronulla NSW

The Snow's come out in 1852 from Cornwall, then worked the opal mines of Lightning Ridge NSW for a generation or two...

LOL, So why wouldn't I be Australian? I don't know anything but Australia, I have an Aussie accent, my parents both have Aussie accents and my mum who is black has never lived anywhere else but Australia. You'd have to be a spastic to think that I was born anywhere else. The Aussie accent isn't easily picked up by asian immagants etc..

Tee hee, reminds me of that coffee advert a number of years ago where a woman in a supermarket took a liking to a black skinned guy's looks, so she schmoozed up to him and in as tantalizing a voice as she could, she commented to him about the coffee on the shelf, and how it was probably from some dark, exotic place, like he was, to which he turned to her, blinked his eyes, and in the gayest voice I've ever heard, he batted his eyelids, and said "REALLLLYYYYY ...................... Shropshire???" (It was all done in England, by the way!!)

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 12:53 PM ----------

Ferntree Gully Victoria :)
Dad's from Fairfield NSW
Mum's from Cronulla NSW

The Snow's come out in 1852 from Cornwall, then worked the opal mines of Lightning Ridge NSW for a generation or two...

HEY ............... that makes you an Aussie!!!!! :lol:

Oh and Snowman I went to a weightlifting comp in Hawthorne and when one of the other WA team signed in they asked him where he was from he replied in his Aussie accent Booragoon (which is a suburb in WA) the reply was along the lines of ohhh What country is that in.

Yeah I get it at least once a month I'd say... I always respond the same saying my home town. Then they ask where mum and dad are from and I give their home towns... I know that people just want to know why I'm black. So they should just ask that question... "Where are your ancestors from originally".
The repeating problem I have with poms is I say my Grandma is half Dutch and half sri lankan. They automatically they catogorise me as sri lanken (rather than dutch) and start talking about my Sri Lankan cricket team. Grrr why would i barrick for anyone but Australia? One woman at work did this when I started a few years back. Went on about me being Sri Lankan for a few months and finally I said "So do you have any Aussies in your family". Full of pride she said yes my Grand kids are Aussie. So I'm like "oh how are they Australian?" She said "They were born here of course". Which was just what I wanted :) So I gave it, you know that I was born here, I've told you that both my parents were born here and I'm the 7th generation of Snow to be born here, and you still keep saying Im not Australian. Either you are racist and think only whites can be Aussie or you only see me as my colour? She didn't speak to me for a few months...... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with snowman...
but things that annoy me...hmm..
people who come from other countries and don't speak english very well that get angry at me when i kindly ask them to repeat themselves because i didnt quite understand them and tell me that i don't know english properly (it's kind of the only language i know, it baffles me)
women who look they have applied their foundation with a cement trawler and their eyeliner and mascara with a paintbrush, so they end up looking like a decorated cake.
people who ask the questions "whats up?" rather then hows it going? or something similar and get frustrated when you give them the reply of the sky or the roof, what else do they honestly expect?
when people come over and ask if they can see my snakes and lizards, then when i show them , all they say is "EW! GROSS? i would never own something as yuk as that" or "EW! thats disgusting get it away from me". if i knew that was going to be the response i wouldnt say yes to showing them.
stupid people in general. such as when people call up for car insurance and you ask them what kind of car they own they give the answer "how am i supposed to know i didnt know i needed that to get a price of car insurance" or "i dont know but it has a tow bar" or "ummmm its either a holden or toyota,its a 2000 one and its white". it really makes me wonder about the people in this world.
oh and getting asked by american if i own a kangaroo, funny the first time i was asked just annoying after the third or fourth.

LOL.. Ask them if they own a Bison next time S-L.
I forgot to add, when in person people ask me how to spell Snow, (never happens over the phone)... :) My Dad (white), my wife (blonde), sister in law (blonde) never have this problem hehehehe

DVD's make me pyscho, how much people don't know about animals eg. "so what do your snakes eat, grains...? cows that refuse to be milked, and always kick the suction cups off etc.. etc... etc...

Last edited:
haha i might have to start....
oh and another annoying thing when people want to visit the neighbours or the people across the road and rather then parking in there drive way or on their side they just sit in yours or at the front of your house with there car running and music on having a conversation out the window with them...

Annoying??? Summer HEAT!!

NO WAY!!! the heat is the best part. It means beaches (windsurfing, wake boarding, boating etc), Christmas, holidays.... I love the heat! I hate being cold :)

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 11:05 AM ----------

Hey Snowman, I come from Ferntreegully!!!! But Gippy's better.
But has gippy got lyrebirds and puffing billy at your doorstep :)
What school did you go to?

DVD's make me pyscho, how much people don't know about animals eg. "so what do your snakes eat, grains...? cows that refuse to be milked, and always kick the suction cups off etc.. etc... etc...

ahaha..i love it..or i have had a few people ask "do snakes bite? and if so do they hurt?" or they assume all snakes are venomous so when i mention i own snakes they say "wow thats so dangerous, cant there venom kill you?"
ahaha those sort of people annoy but they make me laugh with how ignorant and stereotyping they can be towards reptiles..

One time I had two little kids in my room, a myriad of fish tanks, lizard, snake and frog tanks and what they were interested in was the cricket tub, they said "Mum look, crikets!!!!!!!!!" and stared at them intently with wide eyes.

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 02:25 PM ----------

Oh Snowman, I went to FerntreeGully North school.

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 02:26 PM ----------

and yes, Gippsland HAS lyrebirds

Interesting I've never seen lyrebirds in Gippy. Not that it means anything since I haven't spent as much time there as I have wondering around the Dandenongs. I've seen them in Kinglake as well (pre bushfire). There aren't many left up in the dandenongs now though with all the cats that people own up there killing them.
I went to Fairhills down off Scorsby rd.

Annoying things - this could take a while :)
*When people fill up the car walk into to sevice staion to pay & they say
"just the fuel over there thanks" (whilst pointing in a southerly direction towards ten cars!!!),
counter chick will ask " which bowser sir?"
customer (still pointing) "that one over there" or "the white one"
(when there is 8 white cars in driveway)
counter chick "the white holden? ford? Subaru? Nissan? Toyota?" whilst smiling politely.
Customer "the one on the far said!!!"
counter chick (*sighs* quietly to herself) "do you know what bowser number sir? Or how much fuel?"
Customer "twenty-something-or -rather" or "I didn't take any notice"

VERY frustrating. it happens alot.

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 02:02 PM ----------

oh oh oh oh, and another :)

When you have a large "Warning guard dog on duty, Do not enter yard, dog will bite" sign CLEARLY visible on front gate.
Yet some moron will walk straight into your yard, after reading the sign, the tell me off after my dog bites them!! What the?

the thing that annoys me is when the radio and music channels play the same song ova and ova again until you hate it
also the song WHIP MY HAIR <- grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

---------- Post added 09-Jan-11 at 02:32 PM ----------

also this rain grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

well... where can i start:
-sitting on the lounge watching tv and a boring channel is on so you're forced to watch it cause the remote is on the other lounge,
- people on facebook that that write like this; lyk, h8, th (the) tht. ( i mean is it really that hard to type normally, c'mon)
- my nephew pressing random buttons on the computer when i'm doing homework
- my nephew all together
- when i put someone in charge to feed my animals while i'm away and they don't feed them exactly how i've asked!!!
- men that don't put the toilet seat down
- when i fold the washing and my sister gets one piece of clothing and knocks all the piles over
- when people don't respect others for having there own opinion
- when men are shallow and only go for looks in girls and not personality.

i could go on but ill give someone else a turn! :)

well... where can i start:
-sitting on the lounge watching tv and a boring channel is on so you're forced to watch it cause the remote is on the other lounge,
- when i put someone in charge to feed my animals while i'm away and they don't feed them exactly how i've asked!!!
- men that don't put the toilet seat down
- when men are shallow and only go for looks in girls and not personality.

1. yes i totly agree i rely hate that
2. atleast they feed you animals, my family will not go near my reps so i have to drive them to a mates house
3. when women do not put the seat up
4. i go for a good looking personality....does that count :)

Viewing a thread where the same group of photos keep getting quoted by several members repeatedly, usually to add some minor reply, that quoting (essentially re-posting) the photos wasn't at all necessary.. if that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back