What Does Your User Name Mean?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god rockhead.....are you my REAL daddy?

this thread has gone strange...

SLACkra was just made up by myself as my original user name on a different forum. i though maybe slacker but i want it unique. can't terribly remeber why i came up with SLACkra.

posibly the reason Sdaji hasn't explained the occurance where his user name was though up is because as a turnip and penguin addict he has simply forgotten it, let alone still have the ability to write a understandable post to explain where it came from. the only thing that can cure sdaji is a trip to the tropics, possibly abadoning him on a deserted tropical paridise, no penguins and no turnips, quiting cold turkey :p

Mine stems from in part Monkey magic. (I loved that show)
And the fact that I used to say it at school for no particular reason. (my friend often said marmot, being a small marsupial).

I'm a Terry Pratchet fan as well, currently having a revival of novel reading and getting some more.

Hear Hear on the turnip cold turkey it is an excellent dish best served backwards.

I was looking for something that rhymed with goose, or loose, or something like that. I did Judo for a number of years and sort of enjoy asphyxiating big dumb animals :D Yep, I think that explains it pretty well ;)

I bet you didn't know some of these facts though:

In Alaska

· It is forbidden to push a moose out of a plane in motion.

· It is against the law to look at a moose from an airplane.

· In Fairbanks: No moose is allowed to have sex on city streets.

.......FACT! :wink: :p :lol:

Ouzo,- you really are a sick induvidual arnt you. :wink:

Marmots aren't marsupials, they are like Grounghogs and found in the Northern hemisphere. :D

munkee said:
(my friend often said marmot, being a small marsupial).

I too am a Pratchett fan and have all of the Disc World novels, there is one that was released only a couple of weeks ago but in hard cover!

My name comes from way back when I was a little tiny person.

My Mum owned a big old english pram with the big hood and I was a daytime baby (sleeping) so my Mum used to walk around the streets of Roma (Qld) with my Dad at night to try and get me to sleep normal hours, when they looked in on me to see if I was sleepy, they could see my shiny little eyes peering back out at them, looking like a little possum peering out of a tree hollow. It has stuck ever since and I am now in my 30's and my family and friends still call me Poss. :lol:

Sorry long story but cute!

That IS a cute story, Possum!

How cool is Monkey Magic! Except Pigsy used to really annoy me.

I once read a really good book about some scrawny old hero, and the world was carried around on a turtle's back. Is that Terry Pratchett? I liked!
my friend often said marmot
My brothers and I used to say "porpise" all the time, for no other reason than it is a really funny word!

Boa are you being arguementative? I thought the marmot was a marsupial....................

Darn now I am second guessing myself.

The scrawny old hero might be Cohen the barbarian. He has a lifetimes experience of not dieing (handy as a barbarian hero)

When i first had to think of a username (which I hate doing) this was the first thing that i could think of. Very boring and un-original but hey...

now was there really anyone who actually needed that explained for them?

Mel, I need EVERYTHING explained to me :roll:

Pigfeet *giggle giggle*... you're on!!!! Tell us about your name, pretty please?

Apparently I could not have a gap in Spongebob Squarepants so Spongebob it was. He's my alterego living down at Bikini Bottom in his Pineapple with his mates. What more could you ask for. Oh and he's my sons favourite cartoon character
Bob (of the squarepants variety)

:lol: No not being argumentative, the marmot is definitely not a marsupial, you have been living all these years thinking it was, oh the shame.

munkee said:
Boa are you being arguementative? I thought the marmot was a marsupial....................

Darn now I am second guessing myself.

I used to be a member of a Canadian based crossbow forum (no longer a member, no longer own a crossbow). Most of the members were Canadian or American but there were other members from other parts of the world. I wanted something that sounded Australian, so I chose Wombat because like a wombat, I'm fat and slow. :lol:

When I joined APS I also wanted to use Wombat but apparently lutzd didn't hold the shift key down when he typed "W", so I'm stuck with the username of "wombat". :roll: :cry:

BTW: Please don't confuse me with wombat100 as some of you have. I live in Victoria and wombat100 lives in W.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back