what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people that post stupid pointless threads and posts about rubbish on reptile forums

I "love" on gumtree etc...

"Wanted, free pythons. The python will be in a caring home but must be free"

except spelt all horribly and is barely legible.

...you can't just accept buying an $80 python? or take the time to spell correctly so it seems a tiny bit less dodgey...

it's not there anymore then, coz i'm a Gumtree lover as well and i just looked, can you link me??

it's not there anymore then, coz i'm a Gumtree lover as well and i just looked, can you link me??

I just looked and it is gone...was there about a week ago...
I was quite amused by it haha,
it wasn't like "I'm a nice person taking in potential strays"

it was...I'm a cheap bogan and can't even spell python.

I hate: Petshop advice! These employees need to be trained before offering advice on keeping reptiles. I've heard a couple whoppers that would've had me pissin myself laughin if some poor reptiles health wasn't in danger.
Not to mention that when I started with BD's they sold me all this expensive, incorrect **** and I ended up making my beardie sick!
I'm really glad that NSW petshops cant sell reptiles :)

......those that spell Stimpson instead of Stimson....they aren't yellow skinned!!!!! and that continue to spell it Stimpson even after being corrected several times!!!

Haha you hate bad spelling? Then I'll correct you. Those yellow skins are SIMPSONS, not STIMPSON.

I hate it when ppl tell others that I don't know what I am talking about and they proceed to do things their way. When the animal gets sick or dies they come to me wondering what went wrong. Why you asking me if I don't know what I am talking about.

I am not perfect. I am not an expert. I don't try to act like I am. But I can give advise based on my experiences. If something worked for me, it could work for others.

Being very new to keeping snakes, I want as much info as I can get. I have researched and done lots of reading. I have also (and will continue to) ask LOTS of questions. I have noticed that there is quite a significant amount of conflicting information out there. There is also a significant amount of very very generalised information out there. To that end, if I want to learn (and I do), if I want to give my animal/s the best care I can (and I do) I want to ask people who have been there, who have experience and who give information and advice I can trust. I will ask what could probably be dumb-**** questions to people who have been doing this for years and for the most part I refuse to apologise for that. If the roles were reversed I would happily share my expertise and/or experience to help someone out. Just as I am more than happy (and very appreciative) for any help I am offered from this forum and it's members, and happily defer to others' expertise - whether they are 11 or 83.
Just thought maybe the glut of misinformation available should be mentioned here.......

Suenstu that is well written. And you should ask those questions. Its the ones you don't ask that are the dumb ones. While many here don't like seeing repetitive posts, sometimes I think its a good thing as new ppl with new ideas come along to help out.

You will see lots of conflicting information because everybody has their own ideas that seem to work for them. That doesn't make either one wrong. Living in different locations can make a difference, as the climates are very different around our country. I believe you don't fix what's not broken. So if your animals are well and eating don't change what you're doing just because someone else does something differently.

My experience is only 4-5yrs old. I am not an expert and don't try to act like one. But I give lots of advice based on my experiences that could work for others, too. And my heart is with the animals, maybe I sook mine up too much but they are in mint condition so I must be doing something right. :D

Geeez, were do you start with this one and how do you keep it short enough so that it doesn't turn into a novel?

Probably my biggest hate is tyre kickers, but following closely would be people that just type flat out and hit the submit/post button
without checking their spelling and grammar. They leave it for us to un-scramble their mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
.....Probably my biggest hate is tyre kickers, .......

Yes they can be annoying but I hope ppl aren't too quick to judge ppl. Someone might make a genuine enquiry but cirumstances change. Just because I ask about something does that make me obligated to buy. Only genuine buyers allowed to ask about what your selling provided they commit to buying it?

What do you class as a tyrekicker?

People who are shonky in this hobby, but are first to make out that someone else is.

Reptile Trolls: Sexually frustrated men/woman between the ages of 14 to 35, who feel empowered by putting others down from the safety of their keyboards.

This very complex mathematical equation explains how this phenomenon occurs:

d9f52e0469398513ad24e5b0935ffa61.jpg

Last edited:
my pet hate is people who just get there first snake trying to tell you how to do things, once they get there first snake they think they are an expert.

It frustrates me seeing snakes in tubs way too small for them in pet shops...

It also frustrates me how some said pet shops reduce feeding of pythons to keep them 'small and sellable'...

It also frustrates me when I go to the local pet shop and they're selling aquarium sand (desert sand is getting expensive) so I ask if its ok for a Levis, and they say they were selling some levis a while ago and when they had them they kept them on reptile bark, so I should do the same. Seriously?!

My two pet hates about other reptile keepers:

1, They have better looking snakes than me

2, They have more snakes than me.

. . . . really p*sses me off. . .

I frustrate myself by procrastinating on this site for hours when I should be doing assignments...

@ Tinky: Mwahahahahaha!!!!!! that is all

@ shell: Totally agree, who wants to do housework when you can be on here, i mean reality check mum!

@ mysnakesau: yes i realise that slight spelling error... accidentally on purpose!!!!!! but it's just the lack of spelling in general. Who wants to read something they have to decipher??

there is some people that think they know more than everyone else and are always right. I have seen people like steve irwin and other wild life guys puzzled by different speices they have never come across in there life time. no one is perfect like my spelling [very bad] about 5 errors in each thread maybe more haha
Ive coem across this on many snake forums, people here seem a bit more level headed which is why I decided to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back