Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if the noobs simply listened first instead of offering wrong answers to questions then the quality of information on APS would go up a long way. I just dont get the mentality of the people who have to answer every single thread with crap. All it does is dilute the real information, proliferate misinformation, and piss off anyone willing to offer the correct answers and experience based opinions.

Exactly. The amount of times you see solid advice being passed over for something that's just plain rubbish is amazing.

Person 1 says, my snake keeps getting out of it's cage, help?!

Person 2 says, try checking for any gaps.

Person 3 says don't worry mate, leave out a bowl of milk and she'll be apples. The snake will always come back as they're attracted to the scent of milk.

Person 2 says....mate....:-|

Person 1 says I've checked athe enclosure over and over again. The only gaps there are half an inch maximum and the snake's three quarters of an inch in diameter...can't be getting out that way!

Person 2 says are you kidding?

Person 3 says ignore this unit who can't use proper punctuation and listen to me. I've made 40,000 posts and I've had one chldren's python for 6 months.

At which point person 4 pipes up because he wants person3 to buy a snake off him, person 5 had a fight once with person 2 over the price of eggs and can't let go, and person 6 who hasn't got a clue but can say baa with the best of them all join in a lovely chorus of obviously there's no problem with the cage we've never clapped eyes on, and everyone knows snakes love milk.

Person 1 then thanks all for their experience except for person 2 as obviously they're just feeling argumentative and want to buck the system, and places a dish of milk next to the open cage door in case the snake wanders out during the night again.

The cat walks into the room in the middle of the night to lap up the dish of milk, finds and kills the snake and the next day the snake is put to rest and person 1 gets to get back on here saying my cat killed my snake.

if the noobs simply listened first instead of offering wrong answers to questions then the quality of information on APS would go up a long way. I just dont get the mentality of the people who have to answer every single thread with crap. All it does is dilute the real information, proliferate misinformation, and piss off anyone willing to offer the correct answers and experience based opinions.

Bingo...

Some of the younger ones possibly post so much because they're fixed into the constant texting
mentality , & posting on here almost becomes the same thing.

Some of the younger ones possibly post so much because they're fixed into the constant texting
mentality , & posting on here almost becomes the same thing.

Never thought of it that way, you probably hit the nail on the head. We older - and not necessarily wiser people - have to keep up with the times. My wife does exactly the same. Always on the phone texting her friends. I ask her why she doesn't just call them and she just shrugs her shoulders and continues texting.

I read somewhere that people are getting more intelligent every generation. Perhaps it is us oldies that need to be taught :)

i know what you's are saying. alot of the truely knowledable members are being abit quite at the moment. there are alot of un knowlegable members with very little experience voicing there opinions and i think this is ok, along as they mention the level of experiance they have and how they learnt it. i see alot of old school members on here stil (by that i mean active members for the last few yrs) but they tend to be alittle less interactive. dont blame them, it gets to the point where you feel that your constantly answering the same questions evry week! the search function on this site is great and unfortunatly not used frequently enough for basic questions.
love breeding season is coming though will give the more knowledgable breeders things to talk about....

the younger ones may like to txt but that doesnt excuse them from posting incorrect info.
If you dont know the answer then dont guess.

I will happily admit I am new to the wonderful world of reptiles. I am not new to animals in general though. I am also new to computers, but not to the world. I ask questions & get shot down or I don't get answered. Too many people here THINK they know & don't & spend too much time making others [ or trying to ] feel stupid. And there are a lot of sheep who follow cos they think they should or cos they perceive the same few know everything [ which they clearly don't!]. How are we, the "noobs' going to learn if we don't ask the 'stupid" questions? And a suggestion to all you " knowledgeable" ones.....instead of playing the "I'm better than you ' crap, help us instead so that we stop asking those dumb questions. Stop the bitchiness..it does nothing for the impression it gives others, quite the opposite, we may be noobs but some of the people on here are clearly ignorant! And credit where due, there are some fantastic people on here whose opinion I, for one value, and strangely enough PM me with advice cos they don't need to put on the big show. You know who you are & consider yourselves hugged!!

If your referring to my comment....Read my previous posts and judge me from that...my sentiments are justified in your post...do your research first, ie read what I said previously...you don't have to google is that the only search engine people know? There is a search function on this site and more often than not, the topic has been covered extensively, ESPECIALLY for newbie questions which flood the site unessesarily and are driving the more experienced herpers away, because it is montonous! Mods take note...
OMG....David Attenboroughs on now, maybe we should all watch and learn!!!!

Yeah what ever! i wasnt even talking to you(just in general) but hey take it as you please. I understand your(and others) point of view just try and have a bit of patience with the youngsters! I love it if im corrected when im wronge or if other ways may be mentioned to me about something im doing often it makes it easier thats how we learn! i think its amazing that kids are even getting in to reptiles, I for one will encourage them. So does that mean i should never come to you for help then? hahahah bye

Never thought of it that way, you probably hit the nail on the head. We older - and not necessarily wiser people - have to keep up with the times. My wife does exactly the same. Always on the phone texting her friends. I ask her why she doesn't just call them and she just shrugs her shoulders and continues texting.

I read somewhere that people are getting more intelligent every generation. Perhaps it is us oldies that need to be taught :)

Yea , I'm in my 40's & don't quite get the constant texting thing . I don't know about generations getting more intelligent , but I think actual communication has gone a bit backwards , despite
there probably being more of it.

I accept im a noob and willing to learn. But may i suggest certain parts of the site be mentioned to new members threads. Like Linking Them back to the Wiki and then closing the thread rather then allowing for it to full up with spam i dont by any means condone us to abuse new members because of their lack of using the search tool. We all have to start somewhere but maybe we should make a sticky outlining To use the SEARCH function.

Cheers bcurko

;)

Last edited:
I am closing this chitchat topic.
It is repeating it self and there is no use to read same things again.

Some people are bit unsocial also and I have enough of moderating and deleting posts.

All this is not fun anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back