Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Danny, I almost gave up posting totally because of all the hassles. Occassionally a thread comes up that interests me but rarely it seems. I'm no expert but I try and help when I can.
See, that's an example Boa didn't post for awhile...but he couldn't stay away...LOL
My oportunity to apologise to you from a comment from me on another US site, for letting a sly shot away once... I now know what you fely by that!
Sorry Bud...:oops:

And this damn word Noob!
I mean some people are openly calling others ' noobs' when to me it seems incorrect.
It might sound like im being a sook and having a cry but cant we just not implie that some is not as informed as others i just creates an environment for people to become pompous and knowitalls. I mean saying someone is a noob is really quite immature in most situations.
I do understand that this is just a way of saying that you are just starting or new.

Crush

yeah i'm with maggie here- definately school holidays, the "nob factor" seems proportionate to the holiday/teens with extra time factor. no offence to the teens here, but the amount of threads created about subjects that have been done to death at least twice is just crazy lately.

i just reckon a few know-it-alls who flood this forum with there bull***t should maby take a break from being mr online-genius and go tend to there one and only herp. now that would make this site better
couldent keep it in..

Would you like new ones to just do things and get it wronge?, im still new at all this and it has bee due to a few OLDER ones that i have learnt things! I cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to diss the up and comming herpers! way to crush them in to a new interest. Why not try to enrourage them, and yes i admit sometimes a google before a question would be easier for them but hey every one askes at least 1 stupid question in their lives. Good on all the ones who will help!!!!
If your referring to my comment....Read my previous posts and judge me from that...my sentiments are justified in your post...do your research first, ie read what I said previously...you don't have to google is that the only search engine people know? There is a search function on this site and more often than not, the topic has been covered extensively, ESPECIALLY for newbie questions which flood the site unessesarily and are driving the more experienced herpers away, because it is montonous! Mods take note...
OMG....David Attenboroughs on now, maybe we should all watch and learn!!!!

Last edited:
Probably (most likely) all the "old" serious reptile keepers HAD to learn from reading/studying books written by more experienced reptile keepers - and then learnt more by trial and error and talking to their friends that kept reptiles and possibly by becoming a member of a reptile club or herp.society.

This was in the land before internet reptile forums existed (poor ol fart me) :)

what get me going is when someone asks a question and another member will answer with "sorry i dont know" FFS why even answer if you dont know !!! :rolleyes:

what get me going is when someone asks a question and another member will answer with "sorry i dont know" FFS why even answer if you dont know !!! :rolleyes:

I dont know why ppl do that, perhaps someone else will be able to answer :?

All you 'newby bashers' have short memories. Or is it that you have always known so much about herps, and have never had to ask 'dumb' questions? The reason I will never join a herp society again is because the same division exists there too. The 'know alls' and the people who love reptiles, are interested in them, and want to learn about them. Unfotunately, they unlike you haven't somehow always known so much. I only hope that when they attain your lofty, cloud frequented heights of knowledge, they will remember where they've come from, and preach the good word to others who want to learn about their beloved animals. Be part of the solution, not the perveived problem, and publish articles on websites, chatrooms, and magazines. Why the us and them mentality? Get over yourselves.

All you 'newby bashers' have short memories. Or is it that you have always known so much about herps, and have never had to ask 'dumb' questions? The reason I will never join a herp society again is because the same division exists there too. The 'know alls' and the people who love reptiles, are interested in them, and want to learn about them. Unfotunately, they unlike you haven't somehow always known so much. I only hope that when they attain your lofty, cloud frequented heights of knowledge, they will remember where they've come from, and preach the good word to others who want to learn about their beloved animals. Be part of the solution, not the perveived problem, and publish articles on websites, chatrooms, and magazines. Why the us and them mentality? Get over yourselves.
Well all I can say, is your not doing yourself or argument/debate any justice!!!!
Mate, read the posts. I think the consensus here is the lack of research undertaken prior to posting and the premature posts that are clogging the site with ill-informed and non-conjusive information!
You seem an intellegent person...I won't stoop to your level, but you are that "type of person" that is contributing to the "us & them" mentality with a comment and I quote: "get over yourselves" LOL

There is a veterans forum!

Here! Here!

Could it be that the Veterans have forgotten this forum?

As a noob myself, I often go to the Veterans forum to browse some comments by experienced herpers... but there doesn't seem to be alot of information there.

As for the pics.... I think pics are great! They can be great teaching aides, they help identify species, and there's nothing like a good diamond/portmac debate (lol).

Maybe if the nastiness and the witch hunt aspect (as per alley pup's - sick python post) was removed it would be a great site once more.

I remember the welcoming I received when I first wandered into the CHAT! lol, some people were not very nice indeed!

Atleast people aren't complaining about all the spelling and grammatical errors! (I have seen that on another herp site - and I didn't ever go back)

And you've just proved my point about the "school yard bullies". Now you have resorted to name calling! You are a very intelligent, grown up, young boy aren't you.

Last edited:
Its people not listening, or only taking on what they want to hear, thats the problem.

And those damn name my snake threads. :|

A field herping forum would help add some more mature content also.

Dear super experianced and only herp oriented members.
What are you doing in this forum.
Chit chat is forum for all people not only for herp enthusiasts.
There are some people who are not interested in herps at all and using this forum.
This forum is to discuss all the daily think. Just chitchating and fun.
it was created for this purpose.

Pleeeease go to serious herp section and enjoy only herp talk.
You have to learn how to use this site.

you are simply in wrong forum.:)

Here! Here!

Could it be that the Veterans have forgotten this forum?

As a noob myself, I often go to the Veterans forum to browse some comments by experienced herpers... but there doesn't seem to be alot of information there.

As for the pics.... I think pics are great! They can be great teaching aides, they help identify species, and there's nothing like a good diamond/portmac debate (lol).

Maybe if the nastiness and the witch hunt aspect (as per alley pup's - sick python post) was removed it would be a great site once more.

I remember the welcoming I received when I first wandered into the CHAT! lol, some people were not very nice indeed!

Atleast people aren't complaining about all the spelling and grammatical errors! (I have seen that on another herp site - and I didn't ever go back)
The veterans forum is only new Rebecca i am sure with time it will be a wealth of information Like many other areas here. :D

No matter where you are you'll get stupid questions. I work with some of the smartest people in the world and you should see some of the questions they ask sometimes (we have secrataries with PhDs). It's doesn't mean they are stupid, they're just existing in an alternate reality at times. How they perceive things and how normal people do can be considerably different at times.

This site would be a boring old place if we waited for the "experts" to answer. When are you considered an expert, after being a site member for 1 year, 10 years, 20 years??? Some people who are relatively new members to site have decades of experience keeping herps. Does this make them experts or novices? Lack of tolerance IMO is a far less desirable trait than lack of knowledge.

You said exactly what I thinking. Thank you:)

There are some people who are not interested in herps at all and using this forum.

HHMMMM, your right and a slap acrross the face was all that was needed!
I'm always up for a debate, but as you said wrong thread...It was the topic that sucked me in...honest...LOL
Bye for know, David awaits...
Love you all.....;)

I use to love trying to answer peoples questions - but if you have a opition about something you get set on by the sandpit Mafia.

So this turns alot of people off trying to help.

Quote"Precisely, and when we stand our ground we get infractions. Its just not worth answering any more. Its not worth the hassle".

Well some times is good to look at your self first, and control the way how you answer the questions. I know that you feel sorry for your self little because of recent infraction, but answers to questions can be handled with out hurting other people feelings. There is always way to answer politely and communicate friendly. fighting and pushing your point to strongly is not the best way to get friends.

Why quote me...? i didnt make any reference for or against "Chit Chat"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back