Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're 13 and want a snake the size of a BHP! That's impressive.

Most carpet pythons get to a much bigger size than a stimson's but not quite the size of a BHP. If you want a python similar in size to a BHP, I'd go an olive python. You will find a lot of mixed feelings on these snakes but I have found them to be very lovely. If you can pick up a hatchling to yearling, you can get the feel while it's still small.

If you wanted a carpet python (they grow to approx 8 foot), you could try a Darwin, Bredli, Coastal, Murray Darling. Black and gold jungle pythons can be snappy but I have owned all of the carpets and enjoyed them all.

Remember, every snake is like a human and has a personality of it's own. As disintegratus said, if you get a younger snake, it can get used to you and your smell and can grow with you.

hey, im 13 and i have a bhp, a bredli, jungle and so on. but im getting an olive python, my dad had one and i held it heaps. size doesnt matter when your i guy like me (although im taller than my parents and my mum is 5 foot 7) he he he. but yes you can hold any snake with regular handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back