Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i found this site when i was looking for a blue tongue on google. funnily enough, i became a member and bought a beardie!, and now have both. now that i have joined, i have no regrets. i llove it when people help me, and when i can help someone i need of it, i feel smart. not to mention the regulars on chat, they keep me staying. such lovely people, and the occasional taste of attitude, imo thats everyone. :)

Im a member because I want to learn as much as I can about my chosen "preferred" reptile whilst learning about those others I do or dont know about at the same time.
Also to hopefully share my experiences which in turn will hopefully help someone else out. Oh and not to forget, hopefully some time down the track meet some more of you.

1. i like the colours of the site
2. some cool people
3.its addictive
4. people know what there talking about (most of the time)
and umm yeah..

I joined because i wanted to gain as much info as could on the beautifull species that is our Aussie Python before i purchased one ;) It just annoys me when people let there mouths fly off and make accusations about things they nothing about but think they do. This happened recently and involved a Forum Sponsor who is a good friend of mine whose snakes where questioned and labeled by one member as intergrades which really annoyed me as only a single photo was posted up and i know for a fact they are NOT intergrades and some people just arent happy unless they are stirring the pot..... and this leads me to the question as was asked in the OP " Why are you here"!!!!!

My thoughts anyway.

Cheers Chappy :)

P.S Andy great thread and i agree 100%.
baahahaha now you know whats its like ballarat brigade ;)

Reptile Side of Life

I joined the forum when I was planning to get my first python. :D I wanted to learn as much as I could.

I use the search and Wiki, but as others have said, sometimes you just can't find an answer to your specific enquiry :? (due to wording or not exactly like your situation). When you have a problem and you're stressed out, the last thing you want to do is trudge through numerous threads in an attempt to find your answer and possibly end up not finding it. Its better to ask for advice from others who may have been through the same situation. Like everything in life, you have to separate the 'gold' from the 'dross'. :rolleyes:

Some people have said that they don't like the same questions being repeated...simple answer, move on, don't click on them :lol:. Let people ask. If it helps them and their herps, great! Likewise, some members think they are above others, especially newbies and don't hesitate to tell them so. This is not necessary and may actually end up turning people away from asking questions and learning.:x (Oh boy...Here come the flamers..:rolleyes: :lol:)

On a positive note...I joined the site because I like being able to connect with other reptile keepers, whether it be to ask a question or to talk socially. :D

Btw...Great thread andyscott, it will get people thinking!

Like he said !!:D

Love animals of all persuasions (That includes my umm "human" friends ;) )

and have now my Bredlii and want to know more about the reptile side of life. 8)

Cheers

Gazza

Excellent question Andyscott. Also I find the search function rather useless at times. For example try searching BHP or MD and you get - Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I'm pretty sure a search has to be more than 3 letters in length. I know it does on other forums.

On topic, I joined to research on what exactly was involved etc in getting into reptiles. I hope to be able to offer advice to others sometime down the track as I gain more hands on experience. Became a "Subscriber" to show my appreciation to all involved behind the scene as I know it's a lot of work.

As a newbie to reptiles, I found that some of the 'simple' things that experienced people think nothing of, a bit harder/different to do in practice than what was written in the threads. I always try to take a different tack when asking a question that has been asked to death by every newbie that joins - maybe being more specific in whats asked.

One thing I think many people don't think about when posting a new thread, is the title. If people are to search for threads, a helpful, descriptive title will help far more if people can search for it 3 months down the track. "HELP" as a title doesn't really 'help' anybody who has the same problem as you in 6 months time - thus another new thread on the same topic is made. Sure, you might get your answer, but you've really only helped yourself. This is what I feel is a real fundamental problem in a lot of forums and leads to "use the search button" replies. I know there are the advanced search features, but they shouldn't really be needed for simple searches.

Can moderators change thread titles? (I'd be happy to do it)

Well, my 2c. :)

Shmacky

I became a member because I want to be a responsible reptile owner and learn all about them, bearded dragons in particular, before I get my own which at this stage will be November this year.

I've already received some valuable advice and have been in contact with a breeder who I have bombarded with questions.

My goal is to know everything I need to know to make sure my dragons have the best possible life I can give them.

i actually got told about this website of FROGGIESrCUTEo_0 at school and have been hooked ever since i love animals and love to learn new things about them from experienced herpers!! and hopefully this will help mum see that I WANT A SNAKE!!! but she still probably won't let me :(

but anyway i LOVE APS!!! :D

Hey! I've recently joined mostly because I have a passion for animals, and have been keen on reptiles my whole life. I found it looking for information on ball pythons, only to discover the little beasts are not legal here, and decided to join to check out what sort of animal I could perhaps own instead. Additionally, I'm interested in this site as a possible revenue for expanding my art if anyone is interested--I take commissions for everything from small sculpture to pastel paintings of varying sizes. For those of you who are iffy about my age--I am not arbitrary posting rubbish, and have a $2000 art scholarship to prove my worth. :3 See Tyson Evans awards...if they've even updated the website.

Either way, even if people are not interested in commissions, this looks to be a wonderful place for discussion of herptiles, and to find the information I'm looking for. Hi everybody! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back