Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First up, I joined the site because we used to breed Rats and Mice and used to sell them all over Australia(not anymore though - darn Renmark Council), and then we bought two Murray Darling Python hatchlings, so am now totally addicted. I love our Emdee and Boof to bits. Just starting to wake em up after Winter now, so its about time I got them out for a walk. Have to watch our "Bluedog" though. She barks at them when they are cruising around in their cabinet, so I can only get them out when she is tied up. Little bugga she is! Cheers Cheryl

Because where all freaks and freaks have to stick together lol.And who else will educate the world about reptiles if we wont.

to broaden my knowledge on reptiles, not to be criticized on my poor spelling or my even worse punctuation. But i must admit since it has been bought to my attention i am way more careful now.

I joined for information and to talk to other like minded folk, and to try to get to 100 posts as quickly as possible, let everyone know that my mates have done that, n prctis my txt spk

I used to cruise this site to acquire knowledge that will help me with my first reptile purchase, I never had any intention of signing up as a member, until I read a 9 year old's thread about her reptiles (might have the age and sex wrong due to indulgence at the pub lunch but it was a very young member) and she posted pictures of all the enclosures and went on to say that she changed all the faulty bulbs herself and cleaned the enclosures every week, yada yada yada

That just inpired me to sign up to hopefully a community of animal/nature lovers and patheists alike..

I joined the forum because it has other people with the same interest as me and so many people with years of experience behind them to go to for advice and help. Where we live I only know of 1 other person who is as enthusiastic about snakes and lizards as us, I don't even tell people that we have them as you just don't get a positive response to it, they think you're crazy. But on here everyone is the same as us, they love their reptiles.
I really enjoy seeing all the new threads and seeing what everyone else is doing and the fact that you can contact and buy off well respected breeders is another big plus. I always appreciate it when people take the time to respond to my questions so I try to do the same for others, even if it's just to say their new addition looks nice.

I do think some people should lighten up a little and not attack peoples posts just for the sake of it. As my Mum says "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

I joined because it seemed like a logical thing to do when I was first getting into Aussie pythons!

I have since found another focus though...trying to talk you into parting company with your axy BHP Andy!!

I joined to learn. I didn't realise that there's such a strong community spirit here too, that was a bonus. You guys really like each other! Well, for the most part...;)

I've had good experiences and made some good mates through a streetfighter (modified sportsbikes) forum.

I've been keeping reps on and off for the last 20 years and solidly for the last 5, so when I saw this site today it seemed that to join up, create havoc and maybe get to know a few like-minded people was the thing to do.

I joined because it's nice to communicate with others that are into reptiles , & of-course to learn.
Re the 'search button' : Sometimes the search button really should be done first , but on the other hand , if that's all we did it'd take the human element out of it & the site would
provide nothing more than what could be done on google.

I joined because i was feeling a little 'stoopid' around all my other reptile friends. When i joined here i realized i wasn't the 'stoopidest' after all :) :lol:

I joined so I could boast my intellectual smarts :p
Have a dig at everyone & feel superior in general

Seriously though a friend (at the time) signed me up & yer haven't looked back...
this forum is full of....usefull information it's helped a bunch.
Plus I got to meet you Andy ;) hehe.. met quite a few people off here &
they all ROCK!

what about me itbites! lol

i joined up because my partner showed me the site and i thought it was great that i could learn more, talk to others who have reps, and also because it has a reps forsale section i have used it a fair bit since i joined! lol

Plus I got to meet you Andy ;) hehe.. met quite a few people off here &
they all ROCK![/quote]

Shucks Diva, almost makes me want to take back all those spankings.
I said Almost ;)

Thanks to all that have replyed.

It still leaves me asking those that have the knowledge and wont share it, Why?
(only 37 posts with over 500 views)
Im sure those in question have read this thread.

I joined because i wanna learn as much as i can with reptiles. And help people to learn as much as they can....... and to communicate with other people that have a passion for herps.

I found this site by accident while looking for information on keeping snakes for the first time and joined because i found it to be informative. The For Sale section is great. I contacted a breeder with questions about the type of snakes that she has for sale and she took the time to answer all my questions.

I breed and hand raise small parrots and I always take the time to answer any questions that I am asked, whether it's from a buyer or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back