Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined because i like bikinis.

I also like snakes.

I joined to learn and share information with you all..;)

You guys are the only other freaks i know who collect reptiles...:lol:

I joined so I could buy a snake I wanted off here lol
then it became helpful (well mostly, apart from the old guys that just tell you to use the search function because they don't know the answer haha)

It still leaves me asking those that have the knowledge and wont share it, Why?

....Use the search function & stop wasting my valuable time! LMAO

I joined because i wanted to gain as much info as could on the beautifull species that is our Aussie Python before i purchased one ;) It just annoys me when people let there mouths fly off and make accusations about things they nothing about but think they do. This happened recently and involved a Forum Sponsor who is a good friend of mine whose snakes where questioned and labeled by one member as intergrades which really annoyed me as only a single photo was posted up and i know for a fact they are NOT intergrades and some people just arent happy unless they are stirring the pot..... and this leads me to the question as was asked in the OP " Why are you here"!!!!!

My thoughts anyway.

Cheers Chappy :)

P.S Andy great thread and i agree 100%.

Thanks to all that have replyed.

It still leaves me asking those that have the knowledge and wont share it, Why?
(only 37 posts with over 500 views)
Im sure those in question have read this thread.

hey mate :) I'm one of those whos read the thread before and didn't post, The main reason I joined was because I've got a weird obsession with pythons, dunno how i got it but I blame you all.... :x

BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND SHORT NECK TURTLES IN VICTORIA!!!! Sorry guys if you've recieved emails from me, I'm desperate.

Because i have no friends and want to be included in something :(

no, basically to learn so i can pass on knowledge etc to other people

Because its a reptile forum and I am interested, end of story. I have no moral or ethical obligation to anyone else here. You want help see a social worker.

Like most I joined to learn more about my reptiles & it didn't take me long to figure out that this site & it's members are a wealth of knowledge. Of course over the years I have seen a lot of crap go on & can even admit I've joined in at times but regardless of all that I always turn to this site for help & advice because the great members out weigh the bad by a long shot.

I have found a few members are on the whole high & mighty trip but there are always going to be members like Trueblue, JasonL, Codered etc that are more than happy to help others out so I don't stress too much about the others.

I joined cause I was mucking around on the comp and came across this site....thought this is what I like to talk about and went from there.....I realise, some of you might find me really up front and in some eye's even abrupt or rude! But a variety in life is what you need, cant always get the cotton wool aproach.I'm just preparing you for the real world .....lifes not always like summer bay or ramsey street.........some that know me better even like me :)

I found this site when i was googling, i was looking up things to do with reptiles ..looking after them etc hoping i could maybe get some work experience somewhere. Then i decided the best way to get experience would be to own my own reptiles!
So, googled away and this site came up straight away , of course i joined on the spot.
I wanted to learn as much as possible about keeping snakes, i had no clue about all the different kinds of pythons you could get! Ive always loved snakes, but always thought i had no chance of owning them because for some reason i always thought licenses were heaps expensive to get.(How wrong was i??!)
So, i joined in may and i have learnt soooo much about looking after reptiles, and the different species. I now have my own Blonde Spotted Python (shes my babyy!!) and i love her to pieces!

Next id like to learn the different types of venomous snakes and how to identify them, of course there are the obvious ones, but some of them.. i would not have a clue about! (not that i want to keep any, but just incase i come across wild ones!)

This site is great for me, most of my friends think im a freak because i own a snake, and none of them have a clue about them at all!
Its funny when you tell people that feeding snakes live mice is illegal, they just look so shocked.. or maybe they are just disgusted! haha

I joined this site to find out more about reptiles as I was interested in getting a snake and beardie.

Reading the forums has given me so much valuable information. I also do not understand why some people do not want to help answer questions as the search does not always give desired results.

For all the helpful caring members out there, keep up the good work.:)

I'm here to learn, thru other people's experiences and my own. I read threads that I find interesting and it's good to see what other people have.... if I become interested in that particular species I know where I can get info and help from.
Even if you know something, it's always nice to get a second and third opinion. It's always good to read people's achievements, and dissapointments. They can prepare you for your own possibilities.
Your always learning and you can never know everything, even if you think you do!
As for searches.... some people don't know what to search for, that's why we ask questions! If we knew what we were looking for we'd probably search for it or google it ourselves. Like I said it's nice to get someone elses POV

I joined this site because I was scared of all the fine details of keeping snakes. If my snake died from me not giving it the approrpriate care, I would never forgive myself!

I just wanted someone to hold my hand lol.

I'm a member and subscriber because it is a useful place to get info and for $10.00 it is a cheap fee for use.

like most members. i find this to be a good place to find info that is hard to locate by googling or in my many books... don't agree with how some new members get run down cos they put something up that was not to some1 elses liking... many are here to learn and the ways to do that is by asking, making the mistake yourself, or by learning from others mistakes...
it's always a better option to just ask. besides, IMO there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid or useless answers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back