Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about 7 months since the last photo (http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/1529827-post618) so I thought I'd post a new
picture of my WA Stimmo. He (I had him sexed a few weeks ago) is now nearly 16 months old and just over 60 cm long.
He's eating 2 pinkie rats and 2 fuzzy mice every 8-12 days.

Attachments

• Stimsons Python 20100418d.jpg
    Stimsons Python 20100418d.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 171
2 "yellow" phase Childreni from Stuart Barnes line

Attachments

• cpf.jpg
    cpf.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 190
  • CPm.jpg
    CPm.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 172
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=104206&stc=1&d=1254913151
this is fredo again he is 55-60cm long stimmy i was told he was born in feb 2009 im wondering if it sounds about right as i see every1 who has them there sizes are around 40cm im just curiouse as im newby with snakes but luving it . also it might be a stupid question but can u over feed a snake ?

I visited the University of Western Sydney's reptile house with my TAFE class and a guy there was doing a study on overfeeding. he said that's it's almost impossible to overfeed and he was feeding 2 appropriately sized prey items at each feeding every 5 days. he said that they eat heaps(20%+ bodyweight/week) during the first year and then after that level off at eating 16-18% of their bodyweight each week. he was also feeding a group the 10% body weight/week feeding that they would get in the wild and the size difference of the snakes was huge.

he said they don't get overweight or obese and just reject food if not hungry. he found that the well fed ones were much nicer to handle and the 10% body weight/week ones were really snappy.

what really got me though was the size difference! the underfed ones were striking at us as we walked past. the well fed ones just sat there and were a dream to handle.

I'm getting my first snake soon (getting enclosure stuff over next couple days) and have been looking at childrens, but have read that over time they lose the definition of their patterns, becoming far more solid. Some of the Stimsons and Blonde Macs here look awesome (very much like what I want) and was wondering:
Do they lose their definition like childrens do?
Are they about the same in terms of size/temperament/care/specimen cost?

Cheers.

I thought I would share some pics of my Broome Stimson :)

100_2633.jpg

100_2628.jpg

100_2635.jpg

spot in the sun

was trying to get pics of the amazing colours but it is v.hard or maybe the camera isnt good enough but these pic show a bit of it

Attachments

• spot sun 2.JPG
    spot sun 2.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 64
  • spot sun 1.JPG
    spot sun 1.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 83
Have put these pics up before under the expo purchases and in my album but couldn't resist posting again here hehe ;)

These are of my latest addition, bred by Peter Krauss, this little girl is absolutely stunning and quite a rare little blonde spotted from the Atherton Tablelands region, love love love her! Should continue to grow into a stunning adult and can't wait to see some of the babies she will produce in the future!

DSCF2379.jpg

DSCF2380.jpg

I was waiting for those pics Thalia , very nice , you should be very happy with it ....

Looks great Thalia I can see why you love her the patterns are amazing and such a great color.

I saw your blonde at expo Thals....its a hot little snake.
We will all be watching with interest as it grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back