Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of good artists in Melb. What area are you?

Outer eastern suburbs.
A mate just got a tree frog and a kookaburra done from a tattooist in St Kilda which were pretty good and very detailed, but would like to sus out a few more places.
If you could list a few tattooists around the eastern side of Melbourne that would be greatly appreciated :)

Haha where abouts in St Kilda, I know a few there. Outer east huh, um Ill have a look but most of the places I know are inner and northern. Purple haze has a pretty good name and there is a few others. Im pretty sure a mate of mine has a good guy out that way so Ill ask him as well. I just booked in some of my leg in Fitzroy and most of my neck was St Kilda.

Outer eastern suburbs.
A mate just got a tree frog and a kookaburra done from a tattooist in St Kilda which were pretty good and very detailed, but would like to sus out a few more places.
If you could list a few tattooists around the eastern side of Melbourne that would be greatly appreciated :)

65 roses isnt that for cystic fibrosis?....wicked cool anyhow i have a few tats no one seems to worry about what my tats are where i live and if they do i done care :)

so i'm on track and as soon as i lose my first goal weight amount i'm getting Micky G at Victims of ink, Port melb to do a portrait of Yoda with his name and hatch date!! it will be on my ribs on the left side close to my heart

I have a skull man sort of thing on my ribs (Tim Burton), holding a pumpkin. Yes its as childish as it sounds and I love it.

LOVE Tim Burton films!

You should totally put up a pic... :)

Will do, I have to find the other hard drive or the camera hahaha. Cant remember if I pt it up already but some of my other ones are somewhere on the thread.

Last edited:
Voodoo Ink in St. Kilda
Inner and northern suburbs is ok to travel to, if their good tattooists its worth makin the trip there
There's tattooists everywhere around Melbourne, too many to choose from haha, it'll be worth checkin a few out first as the tatt i'm looking to get of a Thorny Devil is quite detailed
Yeh have heard Purple Haze is good. Where bouts in St. Kilda and Fitzroy do ya go to?
Thanks for ya help mate too

Haha where abouts in St Kilda, I know a few there. Outer east huh, um Ill have a look but most of the places I know are inner and northern. Purple haze has a pretty good name and there is a few others. Im pretty sure a mate of mine has a good guy out that way so Ill ask him as well. I just booked in some of my leg in Fitzroy and most of my neck was St Kilda.

Ran who works at the piercing urge in commercial rd is amazing but his style is quite unique so it really has to work with your design. Chapel tattoo is good and bad, they have a great name and some of their artists are amazing. They also have artists from overseas often working out of the shop for a month or a few months. The problem is they can be quite full of themselves and you have to pick the right artist. They are also really expensive and often have a long waiting list. Geordie Cole and the artists at tattoo magic in Fitzroy are awesome, one of the best. Long waiting list and bit procey but really worth it. I got my chest/belly and first sleeve in bendigo from a friend of mine but she is no longer tattooing. I got my other sleeve started by ran and continues my left sleeve over my shoulder and up my neck by some guys in st kilda. A friend of mine has recently started doing her own in northcote so Im going to let her have half a leg and see how it ends up :) My knuckles were in st kilda as well but the little mo on my finger was a safety pin, just for fun. Start buying magazines, you will end up noticing styles or colours etc that you like and it will be from the same artists, then go to them :)

Thanks very much for ya advice Twich_80 :D, you've been a great help. Starting up a list of good ones. Once i decide on the photo i want copied i'll be looking into it more.
Will be checking out Tattoo Magic in Fitzroy for sure, dont mind waiting.
Met a bloke through a mate whos just moved in with em who tattoos, saw his portfolio of drawings and was pretty impressed. Might be gettin him to do the Taurus symbol on my arm.
Got a few places to choose from now :)
I can see that this is going to get addictive after i get my first one hehe
Cheers mate :)

No prob, happy to help, always good to see more ink. Oh it does, another expensive hobby hahaha. Thats pretty much the way to do it, decide on your tatt then find an artist that is good at that kind of design. Keep us posted. PS make sure you see some of his work not just designs.

Thats pretty much the way to do it, decide on your tatt then find an artist that is good at that kind of design. Keep us posted. PS make sure you see some of his work not just designs.
Very important point. I recently saw a pin-up girl looked terrible. However the artist was very skilful. Apparently semi-realistic looking bodies and faces just aren't his strong point. Get him to draw script or some sort of gothic, ghoulish looking face and he's incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back