Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but that sounds a bit creepy...
Well it was kind of a joke as he is probably obligated to go see his sis and probably even wants to, but on the other hand, I'm female, a mother, a reptile keeper and I live in Melbourne, he was one of the people that helped me out when I had my recent dog drama, so hows that creepy. Offence taken!

Well it was kind of a joke as he is probably obligated to go see his sis and probably even wants to, but on the other hand, I'm female, a mother, a reptile keeper and I live in Melbourne, he was one of the people that helped me out when I had my recent dog drama, so hows that creepy.
I didn't know he helped you get the dog back.

Anyway I was saying it sounds creepy because you're a mother and you're inviting a 17 year-old to stay at your house via the internet.

I didn't know he helped you get the dog back.

Anyway I was saying it sounds creepy because you're a mother and you're inviting a 17 year-old to stay at your house via the internet.

Lol, I see your point but it's not as if I wouldn't talk to him and his parents first if that ever did happen. No doubt by the time the expo comes we'd have met via the VHS meetings anyway.

Sorry to upset you Snakeluvver.

Last edited:
what is the go with the expo do you have to live in the state to buy from the expo or do you need to get a import export permit if your from a different state but how do you fill in the import export if you dont know what you might get.

I was wondering the same thing Tyson but I suspect it wouldn't work unless you came across someone who was happy to take the money and hold onto the herp for a few weeks while your permits got sorted. Unless you are talking off license critters which in Vic includes blue tongues and beardies, in which case get a friend with a Vic address to buy them on your behalf and then organise a permit to take them from your friend.

I am going to stock up on those cheap rats and mice :lol:

Otherwise - leaving $$$ at home!!! God knows what I come home with otherwise......

See you all there ;)

what is the go with the expo do you have to live in the state to buy from the expo or do you need to get a import export permit if your from a different state but how do you fill in the import export if you dont know what you might get.

I believe last expo the DSE where on hand at the expo to hand out movement permits on the spot... but I could be terribly wrong as it was a sore point last expo and a lot of interstate breeders did not come down due to the movement forms. The best way to find out is to contact the VHS on their site, they'll have all the info on the legislation in regards to interstate sales on the day.

Last edited:
oooo, if that's the case red0ink I might go. What are the prices like at the expos usually? Bit overpriced to try and catch the impluse buyers or pretty good?

well i hope the dse is their to do the permits as i dont have friends in vic with reptile permits.

either a hypo bredili or a jungle and maybye an ackie. but depends on money.

I believe last expo the DSE where on hand at the expo to hand out movement permits on the spot... but I could be terribly wrong as it was a sore point last expo and a lot of interstate breeders did not come down due to the movement forms. The best way to find out is to contact the VHS on their site, they'll have all the info on the legislation in regards to interstate sales on the day.

Just to add to this - yes, the DSE were "on hand" BUT, after lengthy "discussion" with the members of DSE there, those of us from interstate were still not allowed to take animals home with us from the day... Terribly disappointing (but realistically a good thing!), but it's not just me who comes from another state...
I said before, and I'll say it again - if the DSE were as prepared to cooperate as SA does, I don't see the problem - as long as the paperwork is approved, i's dotted, t's crossed, animals purchased etc, there shouldn't be a concern...
Having said all that, I'll still be there next year - 115 more sleeps! :)

Is a WA herper welcome?
Wouldn't mind coming over and checking it all out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

I wish melbourne wasn't so far away or I would be going. I live in QLD and it is near impossible for me to get time off. Considering I was jus ton melbourne for the 'Tutankhamun' display just recently.

Regarding interstate buyers at the Expo, the issue would most likely not be with DSE here in Vic, it would be the other state's relevant import/export permits or movement advice paperwork that would be the main stumbling block.
I've highlighted this question to the VHS committee and they are looking into it. A brief comment from Brian which makes the most sense to me-

Probably the best way is to puchase & pay for the animals at the Expo, both parties apply for the relevent import / export permits and then airfreight it to the buyer.

As a seller myself at the expo, I know I'd be more than happy to do this.
Andrew

just wondering does anyone have a link to import export permits for sa and vic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back