Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What many people seem to miss is that these don't even compare to Roy Pails greens if these are Cpe York Animals and are breeders.Look at rsp's and the ridicolous price asked for them...PURE AUSSIE greens are almost rare as rocking horse crap in Aussie collections and breeding ones well that's the question how old are they and are they still capable of breeding.If they've bred before there's also or should be offspring from them being pure Aussies as well.

I would think the fact they are purely indinigenous unlike most other greens here the Value of them could be 40k plus easy...no matter how many othe greens are bred they won't be pure Aussies like these are mentioned to be.Either ay they should be bred and pure Aussie greens breeding programme.I was unaware there were any left other than Irwins which a few of seem to have dissapeared?

On the assumptions PP has asked us to base this on( Young, Breeders, Aussies) $40K is too cheap.
They would have to be worth twice this ($80K).
You should make your money back in the first year.

Thanks for all the participation folks I really appreciate it as this thead is now becoming an important piece of evidence. Sorry for all the secrecy but I will share my reasons for this at a later time.
Cheers Dave

I hear ya Jonno, how much is a can of green spraypaint? :lol:

Quote: ?
Ahhh, people making hundreds of thousands of dollars by taking advantage of wildlife....... Is there anything more disgusting?

Hmmmm eating human waste comes to mind. :roll:

And just to stay on topic.....................$60,000

Saying that "$40k is too cheap for these snakes.." is just dumb unless you have a lazy $40k in your bank account and that you are really serious about buying these snakes for that amount. From what I gather (from reading other posts), not many people here would commit to paying $20k for these snakes (some of these people don't even sound like they can afford to pay $5k for one) so why would these same people then go on and on about "what a steal these snakes will be at $40k"? Unless you have the $$ and are able to back up your price suggestion, please stop speculating.. :)

think of it this way, roy pails is selling his pairs for just under 20k, most snakes double in sale price from hatchling to adult so you'd have to think around the 40k+ mark?!

Majority of people seem to believe that 40 k would be a price at which the animals would sell, if offered, and probably sell easily with a minimum of fuss.

I can believe this thread $40K, $50K, $80K for a pair or is it a single adult GTP - At those prices I would have no guilt in taking one from the wild if I came across one (especially since I can't keep them legally here in WA anyway)

Majority of people seem to believe that 40 k would be a price at which the animals would sell, if offered, and probably sell easily with a minimum of fuss.

Until someone acutally has the brass to buy them you can ask whatever you want and people can say they'd buy it for whatever they like. I'd pay $10000 for a pair if we could keep them here in WA. I'm still trying to work out if people are pulling the chain in this thread or if they are actually seriuos.

Sten

re Adult

Ha Ha hes getting youse guys all juicey !!! :lol: What a grandstander, ooh yeh,do it to me baby!!!! 8) 8) :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brodie_W said:
Ahhh, people making hundreds of thousands of dollars by taking advantage of wildlife....... Is there anything more disgusting?

Cheers,
Brodie
Did you feel ripped off when you paid your money out this year ?
or were you paying for what you wanted ? its a simple thing called supply and demand !

If I was in a situation that i had a few pairs of bhps and woma eggs in the incubator I dont see the reason not to outlay the money and then sell them to get a return on your investment .

If I had the money I personally would be looking around the $50000 mark
as it would be possible to get my money back within the next few years
And lets face it no one with any sense would give them away if they could sell them for that type of money .
I want GTPS but i cant afford them if i could afford them the only way i could justify paying the price would be the resale value .
Cheers Mick

re Adult

zulu said:
Ha Ha hes getting youse guys all juicey !!! :lol: What a grandstander, ooh yeh,do it to me baby!!!! 8) 8) :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmfao good one zulu :lol:

If I had the money I personally would be looking around the $50000 mark

But you dont so your just blown hot air - hell if I had a million dollars cash lying around I'd by them for $50K too - but guess what I don't and most other people don't have 50K to spend on herps. So in real terms they aint going to be sold for $50K - not in great numbers anyway

You guys who are talking about paying $50K for a GTP must have read the dust off thread the wrong way - that stuff messes with your head not clears it.

Sten

I think there would be very few adults involbved in this case and making them like chook teeth!

stencorp69 said:
But you dont so your just blown hot air - hell if I had a million dollars cash lying around I'd by them for $50K too - but guess what I don't and most other people don't have 50K to spend on herps. So in real terms they aint going to be sold for $50K - not in great numbers anyway

The question wasn't who has the money. The question was what would they be worth.
You don't fork out a heap of money for a young breeding pair unless you intend to breed them. It is therefore a financial decision. If you know what you doing (and you should if you spend that sort of doe) your investment will pay for itself within a couple of years. There isn't too many investments around that will do that.

Everyone seems to be saying IF they had the money, I think thats the most important factor with such a high end market with herps in Australia. who here has acess to the money and if so how much CAN you pay, WORTH is a big word, I personally would pay and if they come up for sale will offer 25k. Is anyone else planning on making an offer if they come up for sale??

$20,000 for a full grown pair. Juveniles are worth $5000 so adults are worth $10,000 maximum. There is no way in the world juvenile GTP's are worth almost $10,000.
I can't believe some people are talking about $80,000 !!!
I don't care about the possible potential return on the investment they are not worth that sort of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back