Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got attacked a few times on work experience. i had to feed the koalas, and its not cool having 14 hungry koalas jumping down from the trees and climbing up ur legs to get at the food ur holding. also had to clean out the wombat burrows, coupla nasty bites to my arms. and worst of all the otters, the devil incarnate. family of five otters, and one came around the front, stood up and distracted me while the other four went around the back and attacked my ankles and calves. all i had was a rake to get them away. i was stuck in the corner of the enclosure while the other keepers stood around laughing at me.

been hospitalised by a easten brown once and a rough scale once, back in my younger silly days.
Knew a bloke that used to look after the pelicans at adelaide zoo and got bitten right on the end of his tally wacker, split his knob open. (OUCH).

The big skinks have the worst bites, I got owned by one of my cunninghams ages ago, it had me by the pinky finger for a good few minutes, shattered the nail, left blood everywhere and my dad rolling around in fits of laughter :lol:
I've also been attacked by a vicious baby ferret which wasn't very fun, been nailed by a 30cm oscar (note to self don't hand feed fish anymore :lol: ) and I've been mauled by anything from a budgie to a galah - I fortunately had gloves on with the galah but it still felt like my finger was about to snap :lol:

Got stung on the thumb by a scorpion whilst in Timor. Got me about 4 pm and I did not sleep a wink of sleep due to the pain that night and the following night I was still in pain and had difficulty in sleeping. My thumb blistered up something shocking!
Davo
P.S Still get the shedders when I see them in the pet shop. lol

i was snorkling with some mates when we came accros a small reef shark sitting on a rock it wasnt doing much so i dove down and grabed its tail, so it turned around and bit my arm and made quite a mess of it.

been hospitalised by a easten brown once and a rough scale once, back in my younger silly days.
Knew a bloke that used to look after the pelicans at adelaide zoo and got bitten right on the end of his tally wacker, split his knob open. (OUCH).

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Had some people around who wanted to look at my snakes. Handed them one of my most docile snakes and it turned around straight away and bit her.

Got nailed big time by one of my Womas, he was chewing and knawing my forearm for about 15 minutes. I didnt know whether to laugh or cry, but was very happy when i finally got him to let go.
The bite mark was there for about a month and was a great talking point. Other than that, a ridgey tried to bite off my finger, and a bobtail nearly took off the top of my finger. Needless to say I am much more wary of my scaley friends, even if they have been fed!!

It would be a toss up between a red back spider bite or when i got a tetanus shot after i got mauled on the legs by a pit bull 18 months ago, the shot hurt more. Then again when i got spiked by a Butterfly Cod that sort of tickled too.

Simone.

Does being smacked over the head with a bottle by a Canterbury supporter at Belmore Oval back in 1996 get included under animal injuries?????

Simone.

Not actually an injury, but a result I guess. I went on a fund raising horse ride for the Flying Doctor from Port Augusta to William Creek in S.A, back in the late 80's. I wasn't actually a rider, but one of the musos who put on fundraising shows at different pubs etc on the track. Anyway to cut a long story short, they had a spare horse, and let me have a bit of a ride for a couple of hours. Boy do I wish I hadn't done that! When they stopped for the nightly camp, I could barely get off the damn horse, the inside of my thighs were so sore and swollen, and I had to sit on a chair for a couple of hours with a bag of ice between my legs to get the swelling down. Haven't ridden a horse since! LOL!!!! Was a great trip though, lots of fun. Cheers Cheryl

I was attacked and bitten on the leg by a large macaque (monkey) whilst working at a private zoo, when I was 5, I had a small mud crab attach it self to my hand, it had to be removed in pieces. When I was 10, I got multiple sting from jumper ants (standing on a nest with thongs on). I've received two fish stings, one from a red rock cod and the other from a spinefoot, also known as a "happy moment" (One of these fish sent John Cann to hosptal for a over nighter last year). I got chewed on the rump by a horse whist riding another one, had a shingleback clamp on my thumb whilst giving it medication, had a white tail spider bite, stung on the neck by two paper wasps, a couple of dog and python bites and numerous bee stings. The most painfull were the fish stings and the horse bite, but the worst animal encounter I had was 15 years ago at Mataranka, when a large Mertons Water Monitor came so close to biting me on the face, I felt the wind on my cheek as it flew past, mouth agape at me. Last time I will lay down to get a look at a monitor! That still scares me when I think about it.

Yes I have had a happy moment sting as well. First night working on a scallop trawler off Hervey Bay, The skipper pointing out all the things not to touch and wham I stand on a little red bugger. "What the hell is that said I pointing in horror at the living pin cushion next to my foot" The skipper laughed and said, "well you are going to learn the hard way" and I did with a Throbbing foot for the rest of the night. At least it wasn,t a stonefish or an olive seasnake (plenty of those):)

except their still alive lol. love this thread. onya caustichumour

Ive been pretty lucky.....but.....whilst working on a horse ranch in Bragg Creek in Alberta Canada we decided one day it would be a good idea to try and ride some of the Young steers.
Mmmmmmm.....First one was tooo small and collapsed under me. It didnt move for 25 minutes poor thing. Me second and third were bigger and bucked joy ...result I went flying. All OK.
Our resident Muso decides to have a go too. On he jumps and the gates open. He stays on for a few bucks but then starts slipping forward and to the left. Rather then let go and fly off, which you do, he hangs on and on and on and ends up in front of the beast and then decides to let go. Not good. It tramples over him and he jumps up screaming and running around saying "Hospital I want to go to the hospital" with the odd screech and groan thrown in for good measure.
We get him to stop running around and survey the damage. Mmmm Hospital time....half his ear was hanging off from the side of his skull.......joys of riding steers i guess.

We stopped then.:)

a swarm of bees.. how they got into my hair n down my bra is a mystery....

otherwise i am my own biggest danger when it comes to harm...

Being chucked off horses I'd have to say, I've landed before jumps on jumps and after jumps all without the horse, I think the worst I've done horse related though is break ribs which is amazing really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back