Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stingray barb in the hand whilst sorting Banana prawns off mackay QLD .Barb went through right hand and nearly came through the back of the hand, deckhands held me down and removed it with a pair of pliars.Hurt like hell and had to knock of work for the day,luckily it was not a big Ray as it could of been much worse. Damn thing became infected and took a while to heal properly...Scott

I have two that come to mind,

First one was the old ferret, they latch on and don't let go. I had to hold his head underwater for about 2 minutes before he let go.

Second one was a rooster, he was getting old and had a brood of girls, if you went near them he was after you, one day after getting the eggs he snuck up behind me and got me on the back of the calf with his spurs, cost me 2 stitches.

I had the last laugh though, bloody sharp them tomahawks.

I just remembered a bad knock i received from a large excited labrador. It involved my head, a headbutt rright between the eyes as the labrador was jumping at full pace to give me a cuddle and a lick.

Definately stunned me. Labrador woke me up by not stopping the face licking. Definately a disturbing way to wake up. Could have been worse though, at least she was using her most devastating weapon, the lick to death trick, gets those intruders every single time.

While i was young i was bitten by a dog across my nose and right eye........
Luckily i grew out of the scars.

a few years ago i was motor bike riding with a few mates when i spotted a large monitor no idea what kinda but it was bout a meter long so i stop to look at it and then my mate rode past scared the crap outa it and me stupidly standing still was mistaken for a tree and he ran straight up my leg and chest :( needed bout 20 stiches.

mine would have to be... I was riding my horse in a hunter trial (cross country jumping) and as we went over a jump that would of been about 1.2m high by 1m wide so quite big... he took off well and landed on the other side but on landing he threw in this huge buck which sent me flying threw the air LOL then as i was on my way down he kicked out and got me in the back fracturing a vertebrae or two and ended up being abulanced off to hospital unable to walk for weeks LOL wasnt funny at the time.... also the day before i was doing a jump and horse swerved at the last minute and instead of going over the jump ran straight into the wing falling over with the jump and me on his back and landed right on top of me... and he was heavy LOL

im pretty good with animals, but im still careful with them, so you will understand the worst was when my 2 week old beardie bit me, it wasnt even noticeable until he started scrabling.
and she only bit me cause i had food.

exept for that time i was riding in the mountains, the damn horse hates humans (especially me) and tries to hurt them as badly as he possibly can (pinto's are extremely smart) and decided to crush me agaisnt trees, he also decided to gallop during Jihmkhana, i was walking him (due to rules) and so was fairly relaxed, rather embarrassing to nearly fall of a horse infront of so many ppl!!!

ive hurt myself though!

nothing major, a broken bone from karate here and there, but nothing much.

my brother..... he is a different story.

when he was.... 6? he fell of a wall onto a rock, splitting open his jaw.... lots of blood.

when he was 5.5 yrs he was on a swing i made, and slipped and fell on the rock that he was to fall on in a few months :lol:

Last edited:
the one i can remember, was when i was young a large emu came and had a nibble on my ear. as i was really young i started screaming- i cant remember if theyre was any blood?

I got attacked by a kangaroo when i was little.....
it thought i had food and started scrapping at my face and i freaked so it kicked me in the back and i went F-L-Y-I-N-G----------------------->

lol i still laugh at ppl who are sore after riding, especially after trailblazes,

aahh, memories...

after awhile you dont feel it:lol:

I have been bitten on the behind by a horse and a dog hehe at different times.
Bitten on the thumb by a BHP...that hurt....thumb ended up being three times the size...
Bitten on the thumb by a mouse....blood everywhere.....hehe got fed to the snake though

my focus seems to be the eyes ans this is why...
at an animal expo the horn of a highland cow scraped the bottom of my eye as it turned around.
when we got our first ferret it stayed in my room for the first night- i woke up to its jaws locked around one of my eyeballs and my face covered in blood
and lastly (although not animal related) someone with a shovel over their shoulder turned around and the corner of the shovel impaled the corner of my eye with plenty of blood to follow

got scratched by a rabbit on the thum- it got infected and i was without a thumb nail for over a year

the worst ive done would have to be at an agricultural show,
I was leading a 950kg brahman bull which was how youd put as crazy.
the fella spooked and started flying in all directions.
in the middle of it he managed to put a rather hard kick my way, hitting me in the kneecap.
i collapsed to the ground and he trampled me until he shot off.
id cracked my knee cap and got some serious bruising!

Last edited:
I have nothing as cool as some of these! I can only wait and wish lol!

I got bitten on the toe by a possum when i was in grade 9 doing canoeing with my school. It was the tetnis shot i got because of it that hurt the most however! And then the boy in my science class thinking it would be fun to poke the swollen tetnis needle spot... boys... :rolleyes:

i got kicked in the chest by a draft horse when i was 6yrs old, i was straightening it's coat and WHAM!!!!

Mate got his back ripped open by a young male lion, rushed him to casualty where they we had trouble convincing them that it was for real. Nearly everyone in the hospital came down for a look.

Trying to rescue a downed baby magpie, i was attacked by it's parents and every another maggie in the neighborhood. must have been a funny sight, about 30 birds in all, sitting on power lines taking turns dive bombing me repeatedly. rescued the bub, checked him out and settled him into a makeshift nest where mum and dad could tend him. they have forgiven me tho, and now bring bubby round every few days to show him off, lol.

ive been bitten by dogs a few times mainly when they are fighting, the worst bite was from my dog when i was getting him out of a dog trap he latched onto my arm and wouldn't let go. i've also been kicked, stood on and trampled by various cattle, bitten by a pig and probably many more i cannot remember now

My worst would have to be a wasp latching on to my upper lip, wasn't much pain involved but my face puffed up like a balloon. Looked like a Neanderthal Man for a few hours, wasn't pretty.

I have been bitten on the behind by a horse and a dog hehe at different times.
Bitten on the thumb by a BHP...that hurt....thumb ended up being three times the size...
Bitten on the thumb by a mouse....blood everywhere.....hehe got fed to the snake though

do you still have a thumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back