Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes things may adapt. However, as mentioned, it will take a boomin long time before they are immune or whatever. Plus by the time that happens, the cane toads would be evolving too so they are then immune and unable to be killed by the animals. Killing a couple may not help the population but it's not going to do much not killing them.

funny thing is poor wombok probably would have copped flak if she had posted pics of the toad burning on a spear lol at the end of the day while i say they totally suc and make great golf balls she likes them....sometimes you just cant win, always gonna be people complain and voice different opinions. 8)

Last edited:
I will calm down when I see northern quolls, freshwater crocs, Varanus gouldii. panoptes, mertsensii, etc, frillnecks, king browns and so on come back to their respective habitats. Ignorance is not bliss. These little turds are are a major toxin in our environment. They deserve nothing short of anihilation.

I don't think she has northern quolls, freshwater crocs, Varanus gouldii. panoptes, mertsensii, etc, frillnecks, king browns in her back yard sorry

I live on the Gold Coast and I once found a big old coastal in my back yard, but it was dead with the toads legs sticking out of its mouth still. I can't kill enough toads!
I often take my 5 and 2 yr old boys walking our street collecting toads which we freeze

That said, I've nearly got into a punch up after seeing people torturing toads.

This mentality that: "Oh well, killing one won't solve the problem." is basically giving up.

Even if it doesn't make a difference, you're still preventing it from breeding in future.

Until we have a proper scientific eradication program, I'd be killing every one I see.

Be interesting to see the amount of money put into scientific research when cane toads start infiltrating the big cities.
When the pollies pets start dying maybe they will throw some real money into research. As far as I'm concerned cats roaming around on the streets are fair game, much like our wildlife is to them. No excuses no second guesses

Last edited:
I know. I'd kill it humanely, though my mother does not approve. I'll probably just remove this post. :T

I would kill it by freezing it. However, my mum disapproves. She believes they're innocent, though she doesn't like them. I will ask her in the morning, if the next time we see it we can kill it.

I'll ask my mum if we can freeze them, though it's not really my decision.

There's only a few people like you, who haven't gone full rage on me. I don't like them, nor do I hate them. And the people going "Well geez if you're a snake lover than blah blah." And I'm sitting here like, "Okay, if it were a beautiful looking python, would you smack it in the face with a golf club?"

There's only a few people like you, who haven't gone full rage on me. I don't like them, nor do I hate them. And the people going "Well geez if you're a snake lover than blah blah." And I'm sitting here like, "Okay, if it were a beautiful looking python, would you smack it in the face with a golf club?"

No. A python does fit your analogy of the lion and gazelle. A python is native and belongs here. Its a part of the Australian ecosystem. A snake killing a rat, mouse, fish, bird, goat, rabbit is 100% natural. The cane toad isn't. It has no natural predators here and thrives because of this. A python has many predators, hence why were not over run with masses of snakes.
Its not about being a snake lover, its about being a nature lover. Toads don't only kill snakes. I bet if you found your pet dog on the floor foaming at the mouth and the vet told you a toads poison caused it you could have a possible different outlook.
That mentality is the same as saying "oh so youd kill a cat, pig or rabbit but would you kill an emu, walaby or roo" no. One grew here one flew her.even if I found an exotic snake roaming the wild I would do my best to catch it and get it to authorities to have it euthinased.I wouldn't club it no, but i I don't want boas cruising around taking the place of native snakes because it has the ability to dominate an ecosystem taking hides, food and nesting grounds from our local species.

Last edited:
Whoa up there little lady, if you and your parents believe all gods little creatures have a place in this world and cannot kill them because of your beliefs then don't let a few people on here who believe differently (like me) try and change your beliefs, if you were a vegan would you let people who believe differently to you cause you to eat things that once lived.....it would be a slap in the face for your mother for you to say ok mum we gotta kill cane toads now because people on APS say it's the right thing to do, if your mother thinks cane toads are ok and does not know the full extent of the damage they are doing then it is up to you to edumacate her but if she knows what is happening and still believes they should live then it is still her right to do so, plenty of bright well informed alternate lifestyle people in Nimbin think just like that. Your remark about hitting a beautiful python in the face with a golf club was not a very smart thing to do and i feel it was just inflammatory and retaliatory because it has nothing to do with the subject, from reading your posts you seem to be around 13 or 14 and pretty well educated so if you will take a little friendly advice.....when you post something here make sure you can handle any negative comments given as well as the likes, it is a pretty good life lesson as well. I believe cane toads should be exterminated in Australia they are a blight on the land and just another example of early Australian government thinking gone wrong....what do you actually believe Wombok...................................Ron

This has turned into an interesting thread , I saw it when it was posted and typed a reply of "Nothing a nine iron wouldnt fix ",but being polite I deleted it and moved on .Should of posted it .
This and many other country's have been doing themselves damage by introducing things that just dont belong for years ,Although I think we are one of the best at it here in oz .We need people with backbones to stand up and eradicate things like Cane Toads ,Foxes,Red Deer ,Rabbits ,Camels ,*****y Pear,Lantana , Pidgeons ,Indian Mynas,European House Sparrows, Asian Ibis's ,Starlings . On my last trip to NZ i found a book on native Birds ,I think about %47 were introduced but now classed or accepted as "Native "
Yes and maybe some are thinking that us whities are an introduced pest also and should be removed . or at least just Julia

forgot goats ,rats,mice/water buffalo and Yes redbacks *****lypear/spikey pear /ugly sharp pear "opuntia stricta sp "

Last edited by a moderator:
Think ill stay out of this one.... Don't want another ban.....

Yes and maybe some are thinking that us whities are an introduced pest also and should be removed . or at least just Julia :lol:

lol yeah lets get rid of all the rangas :lol: JOKES PEOPLE lol calm down

Wombak sweety dont let this thread change the way u feel stand up for what you think. Also dont be scared off or away from the forum because of it..... hell knows ive been smacked down with a couple a my past threads lol but meh didnt keep me away. We all have one thing in common that being that we love reptiles! so try not to take all the above comments personally, its all good 8)

Apologies to Wombok, however please understand most of us are not having a go at you we are just trying to help the welfare of our natives (in a forceful way :lol:)
Stick to your beliefs if you want or try and educate your mum about how killing these is a relatively good thing.
Sounds mean but it's quite true.

lol yeah lets get rid of all the rangas :lol: JOKES PEOPLE lol calm down

Wombak sweety dont let this thread change the way u feel stand up for what you think. Also dont be scared off or away from the forum because of it..... hell knows ive been smacked down with a couple a my past threads lol but meh didnt keep me away. We all have one thing in common that being that we love reptiles! so try not to take all the above comments personally, its all good 8)

You just wait. My red species will one day evolve into a firey red super being. Rangas shall be appreciated around the globe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back