'07 jags PICS!!!! (MAJOR DUW!!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im having another go at loading them onto my computer now.

Pitty this animal had to be released back in the wild, i never saw it personally only these pics but know who relocated it, i also know where it was found and released.

I dont really understand why the people who think the founder jag came from pure Coastals, cannont consider it at all possible that we in Australia could breed the exact same morph/mutation, from our legal native animals not imported animals.

If the European bred Jags came form Coastals, isnt it possible the animal TrueBlue has seen is every bit as "jag" as those seen over seas, even related? perhaps even more jag than those overseas?

Cant we ever have "tiger coastals" here in Australia, because someone else produced them, or should i say "named" them overseas first? Is it now rendered "impossible" for them to be bred in Australia from non-imported animals, of course not. Why is it any different for "jags"?

Basically, what im saying "jag" is a label for a mutation, just as much as a "tiger coastal" is a label for another mutation.

And, yes i know they have no doubt been smuggled in already.

But i dont see how it is "impossible" for us Aussies, to produce the same mutation here from wild animals?

Or would we need some PNG reduced pattern animals ;)

i agree australis, once i get these pics on my computer its seems pretty obvious to me that this animal shows the exact same trait as the original jag.

Ive just realised i may have the wrong cd here, and the one with the pics is at a mates place, will post them this arvo as soon as i get the dam thing.

Guys, you are misinterpreting what I am saying. There is no doubt it is "possible" to produce jaguars in Australia, but for this particular genetic mutation to be recreated and randomly appear in another animal is highly unlikely. Like I said, this is not just a selective breedings of reduced carpets to get jags. It's the same idea as Blondie. Do you not find it quite interesting that albino Darwins have appeared in Europe now? Hmmm, wonder if that just randomly happened or if they were illegally exported? I would be willing to bet my whole collection that European albino Darwins came illegally from Aussie, and if jags are in Aussie they were probably brought in illegally.

I'm not saying this arrogantly at all. I wish you guys could work with them. Here is the test. If you guys have Jags then breed two together. If they produce Leucies then you have an argument. If they do not then they are not jags. Simply put.

There is no reason why the mutation couldn't appear here spontaneously. Just very unlikely. But to make this advertisement with this price tag

I can get Aust breed Jags for $5000.00 each there are two for sale if anyone wants one.
These as fare as I know are the only ones in Aust.
PM me (NO TYRE KICKERS)

the person who owns these snakes either doesn't have a very good knowledge of what the jag line really is and is selling them as something they are not trying to make a buck. Or they really do have the jag line in which case i'll take one.

i'm not trying to take a swipe at the person selling them, but i can't see how a jag look alike would be worth $5000.

Guys, you are misinterpreting what I am saying. There is no doubt it is "possible" to produce jaguars in Australia, but for this particular genetic mutation to be recreated and randomly appear in another animal is highly unlikely. Like I said, this is not just a selective breedings of reduced carpets to get jags. It's the same idea as Blondie. Do you not find it quite interesting that albino Darwins have appeared in Europe now? Hmmm, wonder if that just randomly happened or if they were illegally exported? I would be willing to bet my whole collection that European albino Darwins came illegally from Aussie, and if jags are in Aussie they were probably brought in illegally.

I'm not saying this arrogantly at all. I wish you guys could work with them. Here is the test. If you guys have Jags then breed two together. If they produce Leucies then you have an argument. If they do not then they are not jags. Simply put.

Matt you have put all of my hungover thoughts into words that can be comprehended! I applaude you!

And you are soooooooooooo right on the money as far as i'm concerned about the albinos.

I was told the same person who imported 40 Green Pythons and some of the Jags just last year was in fact the same person who exported the Albino Darwins. Wonder what he was paid for them!!!!

Looking at those Jag hatchlings at the start, I would have to say apart from the Albino Carpets these are the nicest Carpets I have ever seen. If they were breed legally in Australia I most certainly would try to get some. Simply awesome looking snakes.

ok found them, i was looking on the wrong cd, there are also a few more pics of this animal that i will try and track down.

Attachments

• carpet1 (87).jpg
    carpet1 (87).jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 136
  • carpet1 (88).jpg
    carpet1 (88).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 129
  • carpet1 (89).jpg
    carpet1 (89).jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 104
  • carpet1 (122).jpg
    carpet1 (122).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 118
re O7

Be alright if the light babys stayed that way or do they go drab like the adults,havent seen any adults that are much to look at,not saying adults couldnt look the goods,they must be out there surely,people wouldnt pay heaps for snakes that look ordinary as adults would they?

Albinos will randomly pop up in populations jaguar color forms are selectively bred..
btw how awesome is that snake ..

Mcdowelli

Here's pics, one of my pure Mcdowelli, I have posted pics of this on moreliapythons.com and few JAG owners commented that it is close to JAGS that they seen or even keep.

I like him a lot:) :) hope you guys do.
Regards,
Joel

MaymcdoOZjagmale.jpg

nice wild jag rob, and thats a hot hatchy joel, i always believe we can breed jags in australia, not sure when, but it looks like there are a few getting closer,

ok found them, i was looking on the wrong cd, there are also a few more pics of this animal that i will try and track down.

Rob, that Jag you posted looks a lot like Jan Eric's founder male...

If i didn't know better i would have said that one was a jag TB it is a wild looking animal. Jungleland that is a ripper looking snake. It is getting close to looking like a jag.

re 07

So there it is Trueblue,thats the best adult ive seen anywhere,absolutely spectacular,if they grow into something like that ime impressed,your examples are nice also jungleland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back