Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_rotor

Reaction score
im going to get a snake very soon and would like opinions on whats the best 1st snake?
i like the murreys and jungle what do you guys think?

Jungles probably aren't the best to start off with, they've got a reputation for being very snappy. Though some of them can grow out of the snappiness, most don't. Murray darling's are good first snakes from what I've heard, one of the best. I got a bredli as my first snake and he's such a little sweetheart, wouldn't go for anything else :D

inland is a better option for a first snake
jungles are known for there aggressive nature

Jungles

Sometimes I think that Jungles don't deserve the snappy tag. JMO. I have 3 here and they could not be nicer to handler. I do agree however that some inland species would be better suited.

i dont mind if there abit snappy lol ..
can use post a pic of your snakes? ohh and id like to see what people name there snakes haha mines going to be named savanna :D

Out of the carpets you have picked the moat docile(MD) and most violent, although there will always be individual exeptions to such generalisations.

If you dont mind a snappy snake definately go for the jungle, IMO provided you dont get afraid of getting bit you are better off starting with a snappy snake.

im not really that picky i like all carpet snakes
how come there are no pics of the murray darlings in the gallery?is there another name?

Jungles

Here's some of ours. I was going to sell them but have had far too many tyre kickers and can't be bothered selling anything more off

Attachments

• Big Female.JPG
    Big Female.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Big Female.1.JPG
    Big Female.1.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Male.JPG
    Male.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 57
Here's some of ours. I was going to sell them but have had far too many tyre kickers and can't be bothered selling anything more off

they are perfect if you change your mind i will buy them no doubt just in about 3 weeks when i have everything ready

i did a bit of research and i think these are my options for 1st snake dun be shy 2 tell me more optionss;Murray darling ,or a jungle carpet python, bredi, Inland Carpet Python ,
Coastal Carpet Python Diamond Python
feel free to add to that its just ideas

Murray/Darling's and Inland carpets are the same thing.

whats the diffrence with male and femails apart from there genders , do they have differant personalitys? is one more snappy? is one better to handle?

Go check out all sorst of pythons and pick the one that dont intimidate you lol I have coastal carpets and so far thier temprements are awesome. I went to get a childrens for my first but it was real flighty and was always going to tag me so i though nahhh ill go with something else now im hooked on coastals.... Good luck on finding something you will be comfortable with :D

GO THE MURRAY DARLING!!!!! i got mine off tim mensforth (ultimate reptile supplies) - they have both shed well (twice now) - neither have even attempted a strike at me - they've never refused food - they're calm and lovely and my little sister (aged 10) took care of them for me while i was on holidays. and i think their absolutely gorgeous. and a good solid size too. definately murrays as a first snake - besides you'll get more - i promise.

i don't think there is a general difference between males and females - but you can't argue snakes have personality. my male is kind of shy and my female is eccentric - she spends most of the day outside and climbing up and down her stick - she's great to watch, whereas my male is great to hold and just chill with. oh i love them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back