Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
God dam people!! this is a rant for all the people on facebook, on the bloody army base I live on and my brother.....I am so sick to death seeing photo's of dead pythons and the heading I saw a snake in my yard so I killed it or you trespass so you die!! I just went off at my brother for bragging to his mates for killing a water python because it ate his chicken eggs and bit his duck... I'm like if your going to live in the bush you need to expect to come across these things all the time, they live here too and there is plenty of open bush you can easily relocate it....grrrrrrrrrr been happening way too often lately I'm so annoyed. Another thing is if you own them yourself why the F are you taking the life of a harmless creature???

wwwaasssssaaaaaaaaarrrrrr so frustraiting........

Your brother keeps snakes but still killed a gorgeous Water Python??? Good grief I can almost cope with people who are scared of vens and over react but something like a python?

Last edited:
she said he killed a water python not a gtp? either way definitely an a-hole act. that's the problem though, there isn't enough education for people to tell an elapidae and python apart and they adopt a blanket approach. If more people were educated there would be more happy semi domesticated pythons around keeping rodent numbers down, less snake handlers getting called out to relocate pythons and more time for elapidae hopefully meaning a less number of venomous bites & an increase in attitude towards all snakes for everyone.

I still can't understand why it's not part of mandatory curriculum in schools when this is Australia. City or bush theres things out there to kill you everywhere lol. Doesn't mean they need eradicating though.

I hate the saying "the only good snake is a dead one", and I wish people would warn me before I look at a picture of a dead snake. You don't see people going around posting pictures of cats and dogs with their heads crushed in, so why shound it be different with reptiles? As for people who kill them out of "self defence", my Mum has a major phobia of snakes. She can't even look at pictures of them without shaking. When we had a scrubbie in our back yard she made stayed inside and called a snake catcher. When we had a tree snake inside our property on the tablelands she stood outside until I had bagged it. If I wasn't there she would have called a snake catcher again. That is a normal reaction not grabbing a shovel. If you are scared of something wouldn't you avoid it? I cannot believe someone who keeps snakes would even think about killing a harmless python. If you have fowl or pocket pets you build snake proof enclosures.

very sad, how could someone who owns snakes and identified it as a harmless water python turn around and kill it.
a good snake is a full snake. if a snake ate some of my chickens or eggs i won't care, for a couple of bucks worth of eggs and chicken, i'd smile and say at lease someone had a good feed.

I'm so sorry to hear that....even if it wasn't a pet python it is still one of God's fantastic creatures. How dare he!? If he was my brother he'd be getting a kick up the bum from me!!!!!!!!!!!! If he lived in SA he would be heavily fined for killing a protected species.

I'd be so happy if a water python came in my back yard! I'd feel special that out of all the homes on the street, it chose my house :) (And maybe it would get rid of those annoying yapping 'over grown rats' next door, lol)

If he lived in SA he would be heavily fined for killing a protected species.
This is the problem I think, no one gets fined, at least I've never heard of it, and killing EB's is the "done" thing in my area, despite the threat of a $2000 fine.
People kill snakes for one main reason and that is because they're scared of them. Or they're trying to be a hero, these are the people that get tagged. Naive idiots.

Last edited:
This is the problem I think, no one gets fined, at least I've never heard of it, and killing EB's is the "done" thing in my area, despite the threat of a $2000 fine.
People kill snakes for one main reason and that is cause their scared of them. Or their trying to be a hero, these are the people that get tagged. Naive idiots.

Sorry but in the middle of doing reports at the moment so this bothered me more than usual... because and they're. :facepalm:

There, vented... as you were, you may now return to your meanigful viewing of this forum. 8)

he's not the only one though thats the thing...theres a woman on base here that thinks she's miss know it all, knows everyone and knows everything, mum and dad breed snakes so I know what I'm talking about...plus owns a childrens python and a bhp and was also braging about killing a darwin python....(rolls eyes) we two live near bush land. her escuse is it wouldn't come down from the roof so she killed it...I'm like why didn't you just leave the thing be and if they where worried about the baby and puppy then why didn't they just go inside. she just wanted to look touph infront of her friends. now shes advertising to everyone on base that if they see a snake let her know and she'll come kill it for them...idiot

Last edited:
If she is that up to speed with snakes she should be offering everyone on base to relocate the snake for them. :evil:

Sorry but in the middle of doing reports at the moment so this bothered me more than usual... because and they're. :facepalm:

There, vented... as you were, you may now return to your meanigful viewing of this forum. 8)
mate are you for real?????? if you are gunna pick people up for that sort of stuff dont bother posting, "cos dat is pafetic"

If she is that up to speed with snakes she should be offering everyone on base to relocate the snake for them. :evil:

my thoughts exacly... I have offered to relocate any that people see but there like ahh na then they'll keep coming back and I mise well just get "idiot" to kill them for us.....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm like who would you trust more someone that uses a coat hanger to catch snakes with or someone with more snakes then I can poke a stick at plus a proper snake catchers tongs and hook? there just like of "idiot" knows what she's talking about cause she grew up with them and we believe her cause she's our friend.

I'd be more than happy to relocate her....to the barrel of my shot gun!..okay maybe to far but that's ust how I feel when I hear when someone kills snakes :(

he's not the only one though thats the thing...theres a woman on base here that thinks she's miss know it all, knows everyone and knows everything, mum and dad breed snakes so I know what I'm talking about...plus owns a childrens python and a bhp and was also braging about killing a darwin python....(rolls eyes) we two live near bush land. her escuse is it wouldn't come down from the roof so she killed it...I'm like why didn't you just leave the thing be and if they where worried about the baby and puppy then why didn't they just go inside. she just wanted to look touph infront of her friends. now shes advertising to everyone on base that if they see a snake let her know and she'll come kill it for them...idiot

All respect lost for this woman, disrespect peppered with a ton of anger served on a cold dish!!!!!!!
Why do people do this? It's so cruel :(

- - - Updated - - -

my thoughts exacly... I have offered to relocate any that people see but there like ahh na then they'll keep coming back and I mise well just get "idiot" to kill them for us.....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm like who would you trust more someone that uses a coat hanger to catch snakes with or someone with more snakes then I can poke a stick at plus a proper snake catchers tongs and hook? there just like of "idiot" knows what she's talking about cause she grew up with them and we believe her cause she's our friend.

I wouldn't be friends with her and I kind of feel for those snakes she owns :( God knows how she treats them but I culd be wrong...people like this need to learn how to respect the land and the wildlife like God wants us to.
TREAT EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING HOW YOU'D WANT TO BE TREATED!!!!!!

mate are you for real?????? if you are gunna pick people up for that sort of stuff dont bother posting, "cos dat is pafetic"

Mate you have read enough of my posts over the past months, as a rule I ignore it and don't let it bother me per se, even today it was just that mind set I was in and thought to hell with it it's a simple enough thing. If and when I do point it out (which is rarely) it is always meant in a good natured way and never as an attack.

Point in fact I am not the one who has been rewriting people's posts because they don't make sense with all the typos and grammar... but I haven't seen anyone shake their head at that.

Hijack over...
offtopic.gif

You're the one with the problem BB - good and meaningful grammar costs NOTHINK (bet you're happy with that :))!

That's Nussink! I cee nussink, I here nussink, I NO NUSSINK! Now as you were Col. Hogan. :D

okaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.......
back on topic in 3,2,1: Now!

okaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.......
back on topic in 3,2,1: Now!

The network wishes to apologise for this break in transmissions and will attemp to resume normal broadcasting as soon as it can think of something sensible and on topic to say.... beeeeeeeeep. (insert test pattern here)
offtopic.gif

Thats not really fair is it?...from a person that tells us that they catch Vens pin and tail method but then ask the next day how to keep there pythons (i meant bredli) ....Surely if u know as much as ya say u would do yur groundwork 1st.....JMO

- - - Updated - - -

offtopic.gif

- - - Updated - - -

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back