Aboriginals Taking Snakes from The Wild - Allowed or Not?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because what you posted was a reply to something which had been deleted....you'd have looked like you were babbling out of context :wink:

heheheheh lucky i thought the tribe had formed an alliance and eliminated me :):)

aboriginals are farming scrub pythons for food somewhere in queensland saw a docco on it they had huge pits just dug into the earth with the scrubs in them they were just starting out, the docco was about alternative farming crayfish/eels etc was at leat five years ago i saw this. stayed at lightning ridge with an aboriginal tribe when i was young lived out there for about a year they had pet shinglebacks all around there house they were everywhere they would hand feed them roo gut, they just lived under sheets of corrigated iron around the yard.i think we have already impossed enough on the aboriginal people if they want to catch and eat a GTP as far as i know they are aloud to and as a herper i think thats a waste but it would be worse to say you can,t eat this this and this you have to eat this now and you need to buy it from here .just my 2c

I reckon certain reptile meat should be on every restaurant's menu. :D Eg. I have tried crocodile, goanas, pythons and cobras and they were all quite nice when properly served. Yum :D

Sorry if this upsets anyone. :wink: :wink:

aboriginals are farming scrub pythons for food somewhere in queensland

Farming pythons for food ?? That really seems like a lot of time and effort for a meal. it would be cheaper and easier to jump on a bus and and get a whopper.

Northern Territory is the same a s Queensland. they can collect them as long as they come off their own native land. They can also present them to people such as you or I as a present (for want of a better word) and you can then transfer them onto your licence. There is a few more details then that but that is the gist of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back