Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

Actualy my avitar is from the photo on Jude's back ;-)

RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

Do all true albino herps have red eyes?

not sure about all herps, but i know albino mice have black eyes, so it's possible to have albino's without red or pink eyes,

cheers,
steve........

That's leucistic isn't it,rarer even than amelanism?

Albinos all have red eyes. they have no pigment. leustic means white.

not all bright red but lack any pigment

That's leucistic isn't it,rarer even than amelanism?

i'm not sure what that means, lol, but my guess is that you mean that the albino with black eyes is rarer then the red eyed ones, as you know we breed thousands of mice every year and i've never bred any albino mice ( black eyed ones ), i even bought some a couple years back and over the time we lost the strain, and even thought we cross our babies between them selves we have never bred any since the ofspring from the first ones died off

cheers,
steve........

Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

Hence pink because of the colour of the blood showing through.

saxon said:
not all bright red but lack any pigment

Keh???

White mice with black eyes are not albino... just white mice with black eyes.

(Hey I am a white bloke with white hair but blue eyes and I am not albino 8) )

steve6610 said:
Do all true albino herps have red eyes?

not sure about all herps, but i know albino mice have black eyes, so it's possible to have albino's without red or pink eyes,

cheers,
steve........

RE: Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

White mice with black eyes are not albino... just white mice with black eyes.

hi,
that might be so, but this was told to me by a lady who bred mice and rats in brissy for years, i'm only going on her advice,
but i ask you a question, have you ever bred a white mouse with black eyes from your normal mice, if they weren't albinos, how come i have never bred one from my black and white mice, i get lots of black mice, why not the other way,
and if i'm right, are the quacks that everybody talk about all white with pink eyes, these are a breed of swedish mice? not albino, but i'm not up on these mice as we got them once and they didn't do any better then our normal mice......
i'll await your reply.....

cheers,
steve........

(Hey I am a white bloke with white hair but blue eyes and I am not albino )

that might be right, but i bet your parents were the same colour as you, if you were white with white hair and blue eyes and your parents were black, what would you be then.....

The mice that are white are white not albinos. some animals lack chromatophores which are the cells which cary pigment in the skin . this might be the case in your mice. Albinos do not produce pigment so they can not have black eyes.

saxon said:
Albinos all have red eyes. they have no pigment. leustic means white.

You can get tyrosinase-positive albinism(T+), and they appear not to have red eyes like the tyrosinase-negative(T-) albino's we are all familiar with.
Examples of these have been found in Blood pythons and Childrens pythons.

Neil

Leucistic is an all white animal with black eyes and can also apparently be blue which was pointed out about the 2 albino maccys found around Townsville.Have no idea on the genetics but you would think that now 2 being found the traitis obviously in the wild and there has to be normal looking animals carrying the gene which make it to breeding size just like any other maccy.

The same can be said about the albino bhp as there would have to have been hets in the clutch it came from so in saying that i'm not pointing the finger and saying albinos can't just pop up in captive bred animals but it seems to be one or 2 cases which who knows are for real or not.So without pointing the finger at all the chances of breeding an albino would be much better odds if you went and collected every maccy in Townsville around whhere the what i thought were the albinos but was told by a guy who saw one and said it had blue eyes so as pointed out leucistic, and i would think the chances of breeding an albino from them would by far outweigh the chances of breeding one in captivity and the same would apply to the albino bhp?????

Re: RE: Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

Probably a bastard but not albino ;-)

steve6610 said:
(Hey I am a white bloke with white hair but blue eyes and I am not albino )

that might be right, but i bet your parents were the same colour as you, if you were white with white hair and blue eyes and your parents were black, what would you be then.....

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

Probably a illegitimate child but not albino

roflmgo
what can i say to that, lol,

cheers,
steve...........

still reduced they wont have black eyes if they have type 2 which you are talking about

Re: RE: Re: RE: I remembered -- albino tegus!

saxon said:
still reduced they wont have black eyes if they have type 2 which you are talking about

Your right, But I was just stating that not all albino's have red eyes as you first stated.
Sorry, I know I can be picky ! LOL! :wink:

Neil

fark... i really love those albinos...

...*drool*... *more drool* ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back