Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yer i saw them on the site they are great. do you no how much they cost?

I looked up Greg Maxwells site Fine green tree pythons it states the first live albino GTP was hatched by Damon Salceies from locally specific Merauke animals obtained by a wild pairing bred by Tracey Barker.Since two albinos were produced in the Salceies clutch it is likely the parents are both hets since a spontaneous mutation from normal parents would likely have resulted in one albino offspring. So one of tracey barkers wild caught gtps must have been het,i wonder if tracey held the parents long enough to benefit from Salceies windfall.Thats where you would crave for some certainty i guess. :(

Here's an albino adder a friend just bred and it just like all other albinos came from a wild cauht albino..i believe this is the first breeding of an albino adder in the world but not the only case of amelanism in adders here.

Addersalbino.jpg

I'd love these guys if they weren't venemous,absolutely gorgeous and the hets are the best deeprich red i've ever seen.

oldfella said:
I looked up Greg Maxwells site Fine green tree pythons it states the first live albino GTP was hatched by Damon Salceies from locally specific Merauke animals obtained by a wild pairing bred by Tracey Barker.Since two albinos were produced in the Salceies clutch it is likely the parents are both hets since a spontaneous mutation from normal parents would likely have resulted in one albino offspring. So one of tracey barkers wild caught gtps must have been het,i wonder if tracey held the parents long enough to benefit from Salceies windfall.Thats where you would crave for some certainty i guess. :(

That's what I said in an earlier thread oldfella, since then 'Trooper Walsh has also produced an albino from siblings related to the Barker animals, and from what I understand, no, the Barkers didn't keep any of the original animals.
If however the siblings hadn't been bred togeather by 'Damion Salcies', then theres a good chance there wouldn't still be any captive GTP's in the world. This is one good example of exactly the way I believe Piet's breeding came about, but it's more likely that the animals were more than two generations CB in the case of the albino bhp's.

Anyway, Everyone is entiltled to there opinions on the subject, however there's never any reason for anyone on either side of the arguement to either accuse/insinuate people of having obtained breeding stock inappropriately to produce thus animals, or for others to resort to personal attacks.

At the end of the day, the hatching of these captive bred animals is a wonderful addition to the captive Herpetological world, and a pleasure to see, wether they are here in Australia in the USA or as in this case 'The Netherlands'.

Australia has had some awesome Captive bred world first's in recent years, and I hope we see alot more here, exciting stuff! (Especially for the breeders of theses animals.LOL! Lucky *uggers!)

BROWNS said:
Here's an albino adder a friend just bred and it just like all other albinos came from a wild cauht albino..i believe this is the first breeding of an albino adder in the world but not the only case of amelanism in adders here.

Brown there was a number of these bred about 6 to 8 years ago in Nth QLD by a breeder. I had two females and one male. There has been a picture in our gallery of them for about 6 years.
http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/reptile/images/elapids/dadder1.jpg

The one's that I had here are no longer here but I am sure there is quite a large number of these and a hell of a lot more of reptiles in captivity that people just don't want people to now about at this stage.
I think that there is going to be a lot of big suprizes in the next few years here in Australia when some of these reptiles start to get put on the market.

Regards URS

That's unreal Tim,so as you say there'd be heaps of hets around,another mate has a pair of hets also but not ready this season but will produce albino adder next season.

There'd be so many things people don't want anyone to know about that are reptile related and i totally agree that there's going to be some big surprises alright.I'm sure many people have storys of really odd reptiles and freaks which nobody else know about.I have heard several albino carpet stories from a few people that didn't know reptiles but described the snake and one herp that says he knew of another albino carpet.

Re: RE: Re: RE: albino bhp

You seem new to this Jason ? Don't for a single second think we don't go in for the same inbred stuff here. Linebreeding is the best and only real reliable way to continue or hold onto a colour or patterning trait.

Jason said:
interesting topic though ( not really) although i would like to see some pics of some albino carpets but only australian ones none of that american inbred stuff.

where are pics of the maccies and everything else??? keep them coming

I just remembered something.I'm sure it was in the first thread i've ever posted regarding albino carpets and i remember someone else commenting they knew someone else with an albino that looked much the same down Sydney or something and when i asked for any possible pics etc there were none but the username stated it was still a young animal.

I wonder if that was a true story, and i've had another told to me by a very well respected breeder on this site who hasn't come forward and told his story yet.I don't doubt it at all and is more likely to happen than pairing 2 unknown hets.

I've only been told what the albino macs looked like Ricko and i mentioned this just recently that the guy told me they both had blue eyes and were found in the same general area an it was then suggested that they were leucistic not albino which is even rarer than an albino.Cross an albino with a proper hypo carpet with no black or just a couple of spots and you'd get a snow or all white albino like the albino olives when they've matured.

I just want to know how any one could defend obee.?(what a joke). Shouldnt we always defend honesty.
Rob

I was thinking that if we as keepers, amatuer and professional spent half as much time as we seem to spend arguing and backstabbing just imagine the healthy state of our 'hobby'.
Is it any wonder the big boys of the undustry tend to stay away from these places ? It defies belief some of the things I see written in here and places like it.
There is a simple reason why we will never have the rights we feel we deserve, it's because we seem more intent on infighting. Very sad.

BROWNS.... mate just in case no one has told you, DEATH ADDERS ARE VENOMOUS, stop holding the bloody things in your hands, even babies... lol....nice looking snakes though

Really switch ,i never knew that,thanks mate :wink: It's not me holding them,the breeder had told me it's ok to do when freshly hatched but that's just what he said.He knows his elapids well so i'm guessing he knows he's in no danger but i know sfa about adders or vens in general.

I found that post where the was another albino carpet mentioned maybe Greebo can bring us up to date ?

Greebo Wrote="Ah...here we go again.
Who really cares what the technical name for this kind of snake is. Alotta ppl still call them albinos even tho a true has no melanin and pink eyes.
It's a very nice looking snake Browny. I guy in Wagga has a similar one....I'm hoping to get some offspring off him in a year or two"

BROWNS said:
I've only been told what the albino macs looked like Ricko and i mentioned this just recently that the guy told me they both had blue eyes and were found in the same general area an it was then suggested that they were leucistic not albino which is even rarer than an albino.Cross an albino with a proper hypo carpet with no black or just a couple of spots and you'd get a snow or all white albino like the albino olives when they've matured.

That's not quite right.
To produce a 'Snow' anything you need a axanthic and an albino, you would breed these together to produce double Hets for snow, then breed two double hets for snow , to produce the snows.

Neil

Yeah well that's what i was getting at,i was close i always have to refer back to a chart to get the genetics right,like jag to jag to get a super jag right?

Greebs, what's the news on the albino carpet your friend has and you had a couple coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back