Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, roobars. Google maps makes it look like a semi-arid area. So their native environment would be sandy/rocky with some scrub, by the look of it?

Yeah red sand and rocks and spinifex :)

Here is one of my Stimspns. My newly developed 'Sleeve Deployed Snake'! MWAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Had her out & she decided to investigate my arm. :p

Attachments

• Sleeve deployed snake.jpg
    Sleeve deployed snake.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 108
This is an awesome thread! I'm proud be part of the family. Say hello to Little Steve Irwin. He's a 2012 childreni I recently picked up. :D
103_0907.jpg

Last edited:
Marge10_zps1658904d.jpg

Marge9_zps3f547e6b.jpg

Antaresia

First alice springs stimsons to hatch here yesterday and today

Last edited:
He used to be a nasty piece of work and his sibling who I deal with weekly is a serial biter but Mitch has calmed down considerably to the point that pretty much anyone can handle him and force a cuddle safely upon him.

Mitchie, do u know how long ur spotty is?, i have one thats almost 11 months old, i just wanna see if there size is similar

Mitchie is 10 months today and is a bit under a metre. His clutch mate is a tiny bit over 30cm.

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch after a big feed haha

Attachments

• 20120521_094554.jpg
    20120521_094554.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 100
Ah okay, yeh they both seem to be around the same size...30cm wow very tiny. Nice spotted by the way.

thanks.

Thanks for your question I have been desperate to find out if he is a normal size!
Yeah he just isn't growing as fast as I would like. His other clutch mate which I recently sold was slightly larger but still not as big as I would like.
Thank you, he is a good snake.

Ive also been wondering the same thing thats why i asked lol, my spotted is around 60cm im moving her up to hopper mice cause fuzzies are too small now. I cant wait till she's her full size :)
Good luck with him.

Mitch has been on weaner mice for around 2 months now but is getting to the stage where hes still hungry so could probably have two weaners but the adult mice are just that bit too big for him to get his mouth around.

Mitch has been on weaner mice for around 2 months now but is getting to the stage where hes still hungry so could probably have two weaners but the adult mice are just that bit too big for him to get his mouth around.

Yeh, since she is my first snake im still a little unsure of right size meals to feed her plus because i havnt seen all the different size mice i dont really know how big they are until i buy them (i buy from an online mouse breeder) i end up wasting money on food items that are too small, i havnt actually started her on hoppers yet so im not sure if i should just skip the hoppers and go straight to weaners.

oh and i love the stimmy belt, not quite long enough tho lol

I'm not sure on the protocol of going up a size with snakes but i've just judged how fast he can get the meal down. At the moment he can get a weaner mouse down in under 2mins. How long does it take your one>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back