Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad everyone likes them. They are pretty awesome snakes and just as nice in the flesh.

Thanks Nick, appreciate the comments.

They have been called B&W Cape Tribulations by almost everyone who sees them. I have sent pics of to quite a few people to all have the same comments as to be Cape Tribs. But, I was told they were Cape York Carpets and that is what I will pass them off as, although, even Shane doesn't believe them to be carpets and believes them to be jungles. They were sold as jungles on paper.

I think they might be a bit more than $250. They may have been at one stage, but amazing what demand does to a price.

Cheers
Daz

LOL Shane, beat me to it by a couple of minutes.

Daz

Very nice Daz....stunning!!!
' Geordie Torr - Pythons of Australia - page 54 '
Appear very similar in colour and overall appearance; in my opinion....
What some may not realise; is some jungle like animals from this location
can be quite large.....i've seen 6 foot specimens; that look every bit the jungle, other then size.
Looks like you got the pick of the clutch.....wish they all looked that good.....thats the reality.
I believe the line is derived from specimens; wich can be found in small pockets north of Cape Trib. Look forward to seeing some full body shots Daz.....well done mate.....beautiful.

Yes Mr Webb....i will get to you soon; your one of many....cheers

I am happy to post up more pics if anyone would like to see specific shots of her.

If anybody wants any of the coming seasons hatchies then PM me as I will be selling them. Although, I already have quite a few orders to fill.

Well I for one would love to see some more pics please Daz, especially some full body shots, And don't forget my order for a ripper pair later this year (as per your SMS) :lol:

As to what they actually are Jungle or Carpet, I don't know, thats why I asked that question earlier :D

Just a random thought here... could it be possible that they are a natural occuring intergrade between Jungles (cheynei) and Carpets (mcdowelii) ?? Any comments on that?

They are very nice looking and spectacular pythons either way. Congratulations to Shane Black :D

Colin wrote: "could it be possible that they are a natural occuring intergrade between Jungles (cheynei) and Carpets (mcdowelii) ?? Any comments on that?".....I agree (others won't)....looks obvious to me.
Area form jungle?...regardless; some B/G forms are still called by most "jungles".....even though they are huge in body size; and can have large clutchs.....i once had a stunner (B&G) that was 5+ foot; every bit the stunner jungle inregards colour and pattern.....when she passed away (sad day).....vet noted she was carrying 22 + plus eggs.....True jungle?; maybe not....however stunning snake non the less.

Well you know my opinion and even with the parents being around 6 feet long my feeling is that they still qualify as a Jungle on size alone but with their colour and patterning I reckon it removes all doubt. It is very obvious the line between carpet and Jungle is blurred at best especially with Jungles being a form of carpet. :)

I am glad everyone likes them. They are pretty awesome snakes and just as nice in the flesh.

Thanks Nick, appreciate the comments.

They have been called B&W Cape Tribulations by almost everyone who sees them. I have sent pics of to quite a few people to all have the same comments as to be Cape Tribs. But, I was told they were Cape York Carpets and that is what I will pass them off as, although, even Shane doesn't believe them to be carpets and believes them to be jungles. They were sold as jungles on paper.

I think they might be a bit more than $250. They may have been at one stage, but amazing what demand does to a price.

Cheers
Daz

Very nice Daz....stunning!!!
Looks like you got the pick of the clutch.....wish they all looked that good...
They do. I've been to Shane's and seen whole clutch's and most look like that one,a fair few are better. I should have got some when i had the chance.

Whatever you like to call them, those snakes are tops. Very clean colours. Well done Shane for breeding them and well done by buying them Daz. cheers

Colin wrote: "could it be possible that they are a natural occuring intergrade between Jungles (cheynei) and Carpets (mcdowelii) ?? Any comments on that?"
indicus wrote: I agree (others won't)....looks obvious to me..

Thanks for that Tremain. It seems logical to me that there must be considerable natural occuring intergrade types (for want of a better word) of morelia where the 'normal' types overlap (or did overlap) throughout the country. Not only Diamonds & Coastal Carpets & Port Mac Carpets but other variations beween morelia as well.

The Gammon Range Carpet between imbricata & metcalfei is another example http://www.southernxreptiles.com/Gammon%20Carpets/GammonCarpets2.htm

Where there is an overlap of mcdowelli and cheynei it would seem logical that there would be a natural occuring form similar to the 'Port Mac Carpet' in my opinion. Whether the 'Cape York Carpet' is this type, I can't be sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info Tremain, myself and many others that have seen the hatchies have all said they look like Cape Tribs, from photos we have seen. But their size and clutch size had me thinking they must have been Carpets. But from what you are saying they would most likely be Cape Tribs. Part of the problem with their heritage I guess is that they were just called Cape Yorks and not much else is known. They certainly don't look like they are any sort of 'integrade'. There is too much regularity in the clutch. They are all fairly similar. Some have a bit more 'jungle like' pattern and some are like the pic of the one above. I will try and get some more pics over the weekend and post them up.

Cheers
Daz

Gorgeous b&w's. My partner has ordered a pair....cant wait to get them. :)

awsome snake, if you ever want to trade..........PM me ;) (not likely I know!)

Like JasonL said, if you offered Shane some top class elapids he'd probably swap with you,knowing Shane. Pity i wont go near them.

awsome snake, if you ever want to trade..........PM me ;) (not likely I know!)

Dont sell yourself short Zobo ... I am sure he'd trade for a pair of yearling greens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back