Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best python in temperament (placidness)(half), colour, personality, and pattern!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i HAD a woma but sold it as i had no room for it plus wasn't a good handler.

a BHP with a placid nature would be perfect but i am not guaranteed this so im not sure if i should go for something safe like a diamond or MD or should i take the chance with a BHP????

any ideas. what are the chances of getting a placid natured BHP???? is it as bad as the ratio of a bad biting jungle/???

i HAD a woma but sold it as i had no room for it plus wasn't a good handler.

a BHP with a placid nature would be perfect but i am not guaranteed this so im not sure if i should go for something safe like a diamond or MD or should i take the chance with a BHP????

any ideas. what are the chances of getting a placid natured BHP???? is it as bad as the ratio of a bad biting jungle/???
You've been worrying about "placid nature" way too much. you've made a thread about it too not too long ago if i remember correctly. just get what you want and if youre lucky then you'll get a placid snake, if you don't get a placid one then just sell it like you did to your woma.

yeah but i dont just buy then sell. i want to enjoy keeping the snake for life which means a placid one.

any other ideas??

i did that with my womA. handled it and was great, brought it home and couldn't stop biting.

i did that with my womA. handled it and was great, brought it home and couldn't stop biting.

Did you let it settle in first before handling it? I wait a minimum of 1 week before i feed or handle any new snakes and it seems to work a treat.
Although one of my Stimmies is cage protective so i try not too handle him too much as he doesnt seem to like it, but once hes outside his enclosure hes usually ok.

My advice, choose a python that you like, go to a breeder and handle a few hatchies and pick the one you think will be placid enough for you to handle. Give it a week to settle into his new home then you should be fine.

yeah but i dont just buy then sell. i want to enjoy keeping the snake for life which means a placid one.

any other ideas??

bitting is part of the territory mate,goes without saying no matter what you keep you tagged every now and then.

thanks for the help guys. well, i realy like the lokof BHP's but if it is an adult, i wouldn't want it biting me as itwould be very big and a bite would be bad.

what do you think, if i like the look of it, should i go for it???? (BHP) i also like the look of diamonds but a bit less thn the BHP but diamonds generally have a better temp0erament???

what do you think of this??

Mate dont get anything as you seem to be a bit of a princess and dont want to face the fact
that snakes do bite, It may not happen straight away but it will happen!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i have posted like 3 times before that i have bitten SEVERAL times and eaten on my fingers by my woma but would rather NOT get bitten by a 9 foot BHP because i dont LIKE being bitten so would rather A PLACID python rather thatn a crazy biting python. please read the posts before you just take it out on someone.

and also, your posting on this thread is not helping at all so if you do post, please make it relevant or helpful

DID YOU EVEN READTHE LAST POST.

whats wrong with you people.

READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "I HAVE BEEN BITTEN SEVERAL TIMES"

common guys. i need more convincing. which python is the best

Hmmm.

This is a stupid stupid thread... if you must get a python, get what you like...all snakes are different, you could have a BHP that never bites..then you could get another one, and it could be the devil and bite like crazy.
How is getting a diamond or MD being "safe"? They are all snakes...they all bite...:rolleyes:

Maybe an ant farm would be the go for you? :D

yeah i reckon you shouldn't get one if you're scared of getting bitten. =P

i Hav picked black & yellow diamond. I currently hav 1. great colurs & temperment. can be aggressive feeders. had a woma great aswell but get really excited around food, but they completely different snake 2 a diamond so depends on wat u like better. my brother has a jungle which has never bitten, it depends on the lines. murray darlings hav good temperments 2, but not as nice colouring as other snakes. good 1st snakes.

Is there something wrong with you people???? i said i have been bitten several times but i would rather not like beng bitte.

fromyour posts, i guess you u GUYS LIKE being bitten???????? extremely weird to me. plus i said i own 3 snakes and have been bitten several times but would rather not be bitten. (READ!!)

and saying i would be safer geting a MD, from peoples experience, they are GENERALLY better temperament than BHP's!!!!GENERALLY.

well i guess no one wants to help so i will just close this thread.

whats the point of usin this site if people just critisize and laugh at you.

this site needs to choose its members wisely and people who actually are experienced.

i will just pm someone who is more experienced that nyou people (well not all of you but the people who are just laughing at meZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back