BidRivals.com

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this site?

I just had some workmen at my house and they were telling me about it.

It's a bidding site, where you first purchase bids (for $0.80 each) and then you use them to bid on auctions. I just won a Tomtom XL 340 In-Car GPS Navigator for only $49.95 incl. P & H. and they apparently retail for $255.00.

Now looking to get either a blu ray player or a digital camera.

No, this guy has won and received heaps of things and he's paid ridiculous prices. The way the site earns it's money is because so many people are bidding on the item so they end up making what the item is worth but the person who wins only pays a small price.

Mind you, I won't be buying anymore bids cause I think it could get very addictive and while I've won something and paid very little for it, you could get hooked into buying things you really don't want or need.

Mind you, I won't be buying anymore bids cause I think it could get very addictive and while I've won something and paid very little for it, you could get hooked into buying things you really don't want or need.

BINGO!

But that's how a site like this could make good money - what I really want isn't on there - but if it comes up I will definitely use this service.

I can see it being very addictive... My eBay account is beginning to blossom as well.

It'd be cool if they could work a way into allowing you to sell on bidrivals too - so that they pay you some (or all) of your asking price and they keep the remainder (market value).

Well, I will be watching this site for sure.

It makes sense - I just looked at a cam-corder - it sold for just under $28.

$28.00 is the equivalent of 1400 bids at $0.80 each.... I think this company is making its money!!!

But there must be a technique to winning this without spending too much money... What would that technique be?

You need to study the site for a while and look at auctions that have ended so that you can see how much a particular item sells for on average and only bid when the auction is close to finishing. When the auction is about to end, each bid that is placed extends the auction finish time by 15 secs. Also, I've been told by a few people that use it, that it's rare for anyone to win by just placing single bids and that most people use BidAgent to place their bids.

me and mum wer looking into awile back but yeah she didn't get into it.

Someone just bought an Acer Notebook for like $3 O___O

Can someone explain it a bit more?

That was the price it sold for, but you have to add on P & H and also how much you spent on Bids to get the full price of what you've spent on the item.

You purchase bids using Paypal and then you use those bids to bid on auctions. Each bid pushes the price up by 0.02cents. There is a count down on the auction and the winner of the auction is the highest bidder when it hits 0 but if someone else bids at the last minute, it adds another 15 secs onto the end of the auction so then that person is the highest bidder. At the end of the auction, if you are the winner, then you are sent an email to pay the rest of the money (i.e. the end price and the P & H.).

So my TomTom cost me $49.82 which is made up of:

End price of auction - $4.62
Amount of bids spent - $27.20
Postage & handling - $18.00

Last edited:
Have you ever thought the people bidding are bots/admins or people that work for the website that are constantly outbidding you and charging you 80cents a bid...
Its a joke to charge for bids, let alone lie to say it has 30 seconds left, where people rush and try to buy a computer for 2 dollars... Even if 'someone' did win..how do you know its reputable that person is someone with the site, or someone who spend 1500 dollars in bids..

My advice..
try GraysOnline Australia - Online Retail & Auctions if you wanna get a laptop, gps, camera ..anything...or a crate of wine, do it on wed/tues.. look for times that aren't as busy, and you can get the same kinda bargains..
I have ebay on my iphone, it was a free app..lol.. monitors when I should bid.. and I bid allot, for free....lol

I think if you initally have to pay for something, like a small amount, and continually have to do it, is a rought...

So if you don't win the auction you still get stung a fee?

It appears that way Gordo - it's how you can 'bet' on winning!

Good scam - or good for someone who wins... And because we're a competitive race of beings, we'll always want to win no matter what it costs :)

So if you don't win the auction you still get stung a fee?

Yes, if you don't win, you've lost whatever you've bid up until that point but that's the chance you take.

Like I said earlier, I spent $49.82 to get a $250.00 navigator so I'm happy but I won't be making a habit of using the site.

Yes, if you don't win, you've lost whatever you've bid up until that point but that's the chance you take.

Like I said earlier, I spent $49.82 to get a $250.00 navigator so I'm happy but I won't be making a habit of using the site.

So if you bid $100 on something and you don't win it you still get hit a $100?

So if you bid $100 on something and you don't win it you still get hit a $100?

Yep!!

Because you pre-purchase your bids and once you use those to bid, you can't use them again. The thing is, you'd be stupid to bid that much in the first place. You sit and watch the bidding and you can see who is bidding against you. You can kinda tell when something is coming to an end, cause the amount of people bidding starts to slow down and it's usually down to just 2-3 in the end. Then it's just a matter of how much the other's want it and how much you're willing to pay. Plus you have to remember, if the end price is $120, you then have to pay that plus the P & H.

Wow...i can see how it can be addictive
Looks interesting , id be peeved if i paid for bids and didnt win it though =/

It looks like the best hours to be on would be in the early hours of the morning (ie 5am) when less people are bidding on closing auctions.

For example, I've seen products sell for $0.16 and now the same product for $9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back