Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon_Archibald

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Thought I'd post this in the forums instead of PM, just in case other people may be interested. Sorry if it takes you a while to type your answer.

I'm just wondering:
1a. What species have you registered with NSW Agriculture as being display animals - not just the regular ones, but every species you have permission to display?
1b. Of these, which were animals that NSW Agriculture would only let you display if extra competencies (apart from the basic knowledge) were proven?

2. With your 14-enclosure static display, are the species housed in these always the same at every show? If so, what are the 14 species that are displayed in them?

Hope this doesn't take up too much time.

Thanks in advance,
Simon Archibald

Simon,

I am not going to answer all your questions as i don not want people knowing exactly what I own for security reasons. But here goes anyway.

1a) I will not list these for security reasons, but I have 26 species listed on my exhibitors licence

1b) You must prove more then basic knowledge if you wish to display venomous species(specially Taipans and Browns) as well as large monitors and crocodilians

2)I just about always use the same species in my shopping centre display. These are Fierce Snake, Eastern Brown, Taipan, Tiger Snake, Common Death Adder, King Brown, Colletts, Red Belly Black, Brown Tree Snakes, Olive Python, Coastal Carpet Python, Diamond Python, Black Headed Python, Childrens Python.

Just out of interest, why do you want to know

Earthmother, I display in NSW. The large shopping centre display is only used in centres from Newcastle to Wollongong. The snakepit show ans school shows go all over NSW

Thanks for answering Bob. I was interested because I have been re-reading the NSW Agriculture guidelines lately and was just curious to know what would constitute the need for extra knowledge in their eyes. The question about what you have licenced to display was just out of personal interest in terms of what NSW Agriculture would approve. I completely understand (and expected) you not answering that question - security is far more important.

Thanks very much,
Simon Archibald

I could go to any of the large shopping centres that want the show within Newcastle to Wollongong boundries. Any further and the shipping costs just kill you.

As for the La perouse show, no I do not do those. They have always been run by the great Cann family, the area where the shows are held is even called Cann Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back